Options

has derillium already happened?

sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, untill he actually goes to his death, when he gives the messages to the Tesselecta, he actually think's he's going to die, which means the Doctor must do everything he needs to befire this happens. We saw in First Night/Last Night that it's 11, River's Doctor, who says goodbye to her at Derillim before she goes to the library where she dies saving 10. Did he do this during Series 6, before he was due to die. In which case, will we ever see the Doctor's goodbye to River, knowing she's going to die and giving her his sonic screwdriver. I think it would have been better if had been 10 who'd taken her to Derillium as this would explain how she has an updated version of his screwdriver instead of 11's. But Last Night indicates this isnt what, therefore, did it happen during series 6, in which case will we ever see it e.g. in a flashback or something?

Comments

• Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you say, it was shown in Last Night so I don't think we'll see it happen again, although it's a possibility.
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    To be fair, the Eleventh Doctor knows he *has* to give her that particular screwdriver because he already has, so even though it's more a Tenth Doctor version, that's the one he's meant to hand over.

I was really looking forward to seeing that particular adventure, so felt cheated at first when I saw the "Last Night" segment, but in retrospect it was quite touching and they could still show a bit of their adventure. Then again, sometimes it's better never to see such moments in full as they don't live up to expectation. See: "The Time War"!