BBC Radio 1 rejects Hurts and Nicole Scherzinger.

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look here, this is at one of Germany's biggest festivals, Rock Am Ring, they weren't the headliners of course, but an appreciative crowd nonetheless.

Better Than Love

HaHa, I know this happened before im the late 70s beginning 80s the most successful band in Germany and Europe was Barcley Hames Harvest but never get much love in England

Here they are in front of the Reichstag
    a croud of 175k and some 50k behind the wall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aPnFTFrg5k
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muse will eventually be cut off Radio 1 completely. They're 34/35 now.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Muse will eventually be cut off Radio 1 completely. They're 34/35 now.

Radio 1 still play 50 Cent, Jay-Z, will.i.am, Kanye West, Eminem, etc. who are around that age too I believe.

I think Radio 1 would quit with female pop stars when they get to around that age, but with alternative bands they can probably manage to be older and still get Radio 1 support I think.

They were right not to support Boomerang though. However, they WILL play it a couple of times a week for the next few months. But the song is too generic. Radio 1 can't have too many generic songs on its playlist at once imo. Boomerang is more suited for the likes of Heart FM and even Radio 2. Radio 1 didn't playlist Wet for the same reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    There are 2 threads on this and I don't know which one will last so I'll just comment on both :cool:

I think it is fine if they are going to tweet this information about their playlist meetings, but to personally tag the artist saying that they aren't being played in favour of something "more important" is a bit of a poor show from Radio 1. It comes across very pompous and a tad childish as if to say "we're having a party and YOU'RE not invited"
  • MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    That's because Radio 1 don't play them! Their album got to #4 in the UK and they were on Jonathan Ross last weekend. That said, the new single is a let down which didn't help it's cause with the chimps at Radio 1 (who prefer boy bands now they've been ordered by the government to aim the station at 14 year old girls).

Really? I was thinking it's the most radio friendly one they've released so far. I guess it's that everyone has different tastes.
  • MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    Boomerang is 10 times better then most of the rubbish they play on Radio 1.

I can't comment on the Hurts song because I haven't heard it.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPo1_wDE_BY

Sorry, no video. I think they're having to remake it as they burned crosses in the video and the censors have complained.:D
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do find that Hurts songs are growers, take a few listens before they get a hold on me. Having said that, Blind from the new album was an instant impact when I saw them last week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mybelle wrote: »
    Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPo1_wDE_BY

Sorry, no video. I think they're having to remake it as they burned crosses in the video and the censors have complained.:D

This sounds like Princess of China
    :o
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you think thats bad?

i bet none of you knew that radio 1 were NOT going to playlist will-i-am feat britney.
    they snubbed the song at a playlist meeting because britney was 'over the hill' and not representative of radio 1.
    it was only a week later the song was released and was riding high on the itunes chart that they then decided to playlist it!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    :eek: So what are they going to play instead? More crap?

You got that right. I love new music but some of the tripe they have been playing of late bleeds my ears.
    And as another poster commented i can really see Muse being next to be targeted.:mad:
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    This sounds like Princess of China
    :o

The intro is similar, but it soon goes off on its own way.