Dynasty finally being repeated on UK TV

CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just came across this great news

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/937948/CBS-Chello-deal-puts-Dynasty-back-UK-TV-screens/

It's about time it got a rerun. It hasn't been on since UK Gold last reran it nearly 10 years ago now. I'd imagine it'll be shown on Zone Romantica. I think CBS also own the rights to Melrose Place reruns. I hope it gets a rerun too.

Comments

• Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Very excited about this, I love Dynasty. Always preferred it to Dallas (highly overrated in my opinion). Bring it on! :D

Wasn't Melrose Place repeated recently on Living? I saw it on there a while ago.
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Very excited about this, I love Dynasty. Always preferred it to Dallas (highly overrated in my opinion). Bring it on! :D

Wasn't Melrose Place repeated recently on Living? I saw it on there a while ago.

It has been rerun variously between Living and Trouble for a number of years at different times but they only ever show the first 3 seasons. When the season 3 cliffhanger episode airs, the run either ends or they just go back to the start again. Sky One gave the series a full run but the later seasons were aired in the middle of the night so many viewers would have missed it. Sky One haven't aired it since. I was lucky enough to see the full run on Irish TV where they practically ran the later seasons back to back but it would be great to see them all again. Especially now that the new MP has started in the US.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but I like the Zone channels as they are! Cheap and tacky!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohh thats great news! Cant beat a bit of dynasty for real fantasty!
  • SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant!!!
    Can't wait for the slanging matches between Crystal and Alexis.
  • cmrxxcmrxx Posts: 7,048
    Forum Member
    Can't wait. Love Zone Romantica. I have very much been enjoying the Falcon Crest re-run.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About bloody time!!!

finally my shoulder pads..black tacky wig and OTT makeup wont look out of place!
  • donovan graciedonovan gracie Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will be surprised that these shows will have aged badly (apart from dallas) they all don’t really translate toaday..Falcon crest is a lot more boring than I remembered..And I’m sure this will be no different
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will be surprised that these shows will have aged badly (apart from dallas) they all don’t really translate toaday..Falcon crest is a lot more boring than I remembered..And I’m sure this will be no different

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are boring. The writing style and plotting might be slightly different from what we're used to today but some of the storylines are far from boring. I mean what other soap had various returns from the dead, multiple marriages, attempted murder via poisonous paint, wedding day massacres, UFO abductions and catfights galore. In saying that, season one isn't the best but viewers will be well rewarded by sticking around for the arrival of Joan Collins at the beginning of season 2.
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I for one can't wait to see the great Dynasty back on tv. Hopefully one of the CBS channels will be a soap channel. :)
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the DVDs (the ones they've released anyway!) and I don't think they're boring at all. It's very fast-paced in fact, compared to as you say, Falcon Crest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    I for one can't wait to see the great Dynasty back on tv. Hopefully one of the CBS channels will be a soap channel. :)

CBS have made a deal with company that owns the Zone channels so I imagine it'll be aired on Zone Romantica which has repeated Falcon Crest as well as alot of the big 80's miniseries like North and South and The Thornbirds. I'd love to see it's spinoff The Colbys get an airing too.
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    CBS have made a deal with company that owns the Zone channels so I imagine it'll be aired on Zone Romantica which has repeated Falcon Crest as well as alot of the big 80's miniseries like North and South and The Thornbirds. I'd love to see it's spinoff The Colbys get an airing too.

The Zone channels are being rebranded as CBS channels. I hope they don't rebrand them as CBS Romantica. I hope CBS show a bit of imagination.

I agree it would also be good too see the Colbys again. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    The Zone channels are being rebranded as CBS channels. I hope they don't rebrand them as CBS Romantica. I hope CBS show a bit of imagination.

I agree it would also be good too see the Colbys again. :)

I didn't realise they were being rebranded. I wonder if they'll air much of CBS's current content on them or just the classic stuff they own the rights to? Most of the CBS soaps are already airing on digital with the exception of As The World Turns which I don't think has had an airing here since the days of Sky Soap.
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise they were being rebranded. I wonder if they'll air much of CBS's current content on them or just the classic stuff they own the rights to? Most of the CBS soaps are already airing on digital with the exception of As The World Turns which I don't think has had an airing here since the days of Sky Soap.

There is a thread in the Broadcasting Forum about the rebrand. It makes very good reading.
  • Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Worth another look although how anybody could think it was superior to the original Dallas is beyond me. That's like saying Abbot and Costello were better than Laurel and Hardy

Flamingo Road next ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worth another look although how anybody could think it was superior to the original Dallas is beyond me. That's like saying Abbot and Costello were better than Laurel and Hardy

Flamingo Road next ?

Dallas and Dynasty were two very different shows at the end of the day. Their origins might have been similar with them both centering around families making money from oil but the men ran the show on Dallas while the women ruled the roost on Dynasty. Dynasty too was much more glamorous than Dallas and there sometimes appeared to be more detail put into the fashion and set dressing than there was into scripts and plotlines. Dallas had a dash of glamour but didn't rely on it and was more story driven. In their later years, they both chartered the same territory when it came to ridiculous plotlines. It's hard to gauge which of them was more outlandish as Dallas had its dream season and then Rambo style antics at Southfork when Carter McKay showed up while Dynasty had wedding day shootouts and alien abductions but I don't think the two shows could ever really be confused with each other as they both had very different tones to them.

With reference to Flamingo Road, I would love to see it. I've never seen it rerun anywhere before and it seemed to be a fun show with a slightly darker tone than the other nighttime soaps. I always struck me as a kind of sexier Falcon Crest. Plus Morgan Fairchild is awesome.
  • Adam14Adam14 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that the rest of Falcon Crest (Seasons 6-9) is still going to be repeated next year as planned. I would like to see the rest, as I watched up to the end of Season 5, but I must say that I was slightly disappointed with it ie. not as good as Dallas/Knots Landing. The only characters that made me watch were Angela, Richard, Emma and Melissa. Morgan Fairchild's character was also good. The Gioberti's were simply dull and I'm looking forward to seeing when they all finally leave. I mean Maggie, Chase, Cole...(yawn), to be honest. Although, I think Maggie and Richard will be good together.

It also gives us hope that Knots Landing might be repeated aswell. I'm surprised that Dynasty would be making a comeback on this channel, as that was an ABC/Disney show, not CBS.

More likely to be Dallas - which I would much rather see. Although, Dynasty is more than due for a re-airing.

Perhaps they might turn it into be a CBS Soap channel - here's hoping.
    Forum Member
    Adam14 wrote: »
    I just hope that the rest of Falcon Crest (Seasons 6-9) is still going to be repeated next year as planned. I would like to see the rest, as I watched up to the end of Season 5, but I must say that I was slightly disappointed with it ie. not as good as Dallas/Knots Landing. The only characters that made me watch were Angela, Richard, Emma and Melissa. Morgan Fairchild's character was also good. The Gioberti's were simply dull and I'm looking forward to seeing when they all finally leave. I mean Maggie, Chase, Cole...(yawn), to be honest. Although, I think Maggie and Richard will be good together.

It also gives us hope that Knots Landing might be repeated aswell. I'm surprised that Dynasty would be making a comeback on this channel, as that was an ABC/Disney show, not CBS.

More likely to be Dallas - which I would much rather see. Although, Dynasty is more than due for a re-airing.

Perhaps they might turn it into be a CBS Soap channel - here's hoping.

I agree. I am also looking forward too seeing the rest of Falcon Crest. I also hope that one of the CBS channels would be dedicated to soaps as Zone Romantica should have been renamed Zone Soap.

As for DynastyI really hope we see all seasons from the beginning. I am looking forward too seeing Alexis and Krystle's fight in the mud again. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else watching ???

I am absolutely loving it !
    First time round I was quite young so maybe never noticed but they all seem to be getting in on with each other - it's great !! :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Im one thats watching and loving it !! have to record it though because Im working but its the first thing I watch when I get home love the early stuff never realised that Fallon was such a saucy minx !! all them men !! lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Yep Im one thats watching and loving it !! have to record it though because Im working but its the first thing I watch when I get home love the early stuff never realised that Fallon was such a saucy minx !! all them men !! lol :D

I tape it too - Well I sky plus it (It takes up 7% which i find really odd for a one hour show - maybe to stop you having a whole series on your planner ?!?!)
    Series 1 finishes this Friday so I am hoping series 2 starts next monday - will have to check !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Candy39 wrote: »
    I tape it too - Well I sky plus it (It takes up 7% which i find really odd for a one hour show - maybe to stop you having a whole series on your planner ?!?!)
    Series 1 finishes this Friday so I am hoping series 2 starts next monday - will have to check !!

Series 2 is when Joanie comes into it..........
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    I've been watching it, although I'm looking forward to it perking up a bit when Joanie arrives. I don't remember Blake being such a complete git though! :eek: Either I have a selective memory, or he has a traditional soap personality turnaround! :D
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I just came across this great news

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/937948/CBS-Chello-deal-puts-Dynasty-back-UK-TV-screens/

It's about time it got a rerun. It hasn't been on since UK Gold last reran it nearly 10 years ago now. I'd imagine it'll be shown on Zone Romantica. I think CBS also own the rights to Melrose Place reruns. I hope it gets a rerun too.

Alright if you've got SKY - as always. We on Virgin don't get it - as always.