X-Factor US Ep.2 - Ratings DOWN

Comments

• SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was crushed by The Voice, The Middle and Survivor, in every demographic and overall viewers, it came fourth out five.

Turkey is cooked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was crushed by the voice, but the voice were down a considerable amount (4.7 to 3.6).

Fox has ruined this shows chances completely. It was getting good ratings but now they are abysmal after the baseball and scheduling cockups.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was crushed by the voice, but the voice were down a considerable amount (4.7 to 3.6).

Fox has ruined this shows chances completely. It was getting good ratings but now they are abysmal after the baseball and scheduling cockups.

Ok ratings before the baseball but still down on last year. Abysmal now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Ok ratings before the baseball but still down on last year. Abysmal now.

No the ratings were good before baseball. Not great or outstanding, but still good considering they were in the higher 3's and were getting around 8-10 million viewers a week.

They are terrible now, it surprises me that Fox aren't really trying to do anything to help it even though they have renewed it for next season.
  • SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought I'd say this, but I feel a little sorry for Simon Cowell. All matters considered - the hype, the hyperbole, rubbish Britney Speares - the whole thing is a monumental embarrassment for him. It's a BIG fall from that height.

When you already have everything materially, it's the success and prestige of being at the top which keeps you driven, this is a big slap in his face. Focus on 1D Simon and fixing the UK show. The US series is a write-off now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course the voice ratings were down. That was anticipated since it shares half its audience with x factor. Fortunately for the voice, only 2 million or so of it's regular 12 million audience switched over. If you look at the half hour ratings, the voice high was 4.0. Can't say near the same for x factor.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the fact that it wasn't Halloween and is back to a regular scheduling pattern counteracted the impact of The Voice so it's flat with last week in fast nationals (assuming it gets the tenth in finals to match last week). I was expecting a bit of a fall last night although I can't say I'm upgrading a low forecast for tonight. I think they'll hope for something over a 2 with The Voice probably just over a 3. CBS will absolutely walk the 8pm hour with their sitcoms.

They should post some gains in the next two weeks. They'll never face worse circumstances than they have for the first two weeks of live shows but things are back to normal for a fortnight at least and it won't take much to put FOX back on top for the night.
  • vanillalimevanillalime Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    They should post some gains in the next two weeks. They'll never face worse circumstances than they have for the first two weeks of live shows but things are back to normal for a fortnight at least and it won't take much to put FOX back on top for the night.

Well, that's not really the case....

Ratings should be better next week, but the week after that is Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 22). I can't imagine XF will stick to their Wednesday/Thursday schedule that week , that would be catastrophic. If they move it up a day (Tuesday/Wednesday), which is what they did last year I think, they will clash with the Voice on Tuesday, and Wednesday is such a busy day, a travel day for so many. The ratings that week can't avoid taking another hit, and any momentum from the previous week will again be killed.

If the show is lucky, they will then have 4 weeks of normal programming. But at that point people start getting distracted by the holidays. (There is a reason why most network time is taken over by repeats and holiday specials after the first or second week of December.) Last year, XF didn't get any kind of real "bounce" during its final weeks, even against weaker competition on other networks. In fact, I fully expect that the 47th annual showing of the Charlie Brown Christmas special to get better ratings than XF.

Bottom line, the fall is just a horrible time to try to schedule this show. I've started to wonder if it would be better off becoming a summer show, some sort of companion to America's Got Talent, maybe. But I doubt if Simon's ego could take the off-season downgrade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    I guess the fact that it wasn't Halloween and is back to a regular scheduling pattern counteracted the impact of The Voice so it's flat with last week in fast nationals (assuming it gets the tenth in finals to match last week).

It didn't (get adjusted up) so definitely DOWN from last week.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't watch this show any more because of the hysterical and completely moronic screaming of the brain-dead audience. :(
  • vanillalimevanillalime Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I spoke too soon. Unbelievably, Fox is airing the X Factor performance show on Thanksgiving Eve, with the results show on Thanksgiving Day.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/fox-to-air-glee-x-factor-thanksgiving-night-x-factor-final-dec-19-and-20.htm

I swear, it looks like Fox no longer cares about the show, or they wouldn't be treating it this way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's not really the case....

Ratings should be better next week, but the week after that is Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 22). I can't imagine XF will stick to their Wednesday/Thursday schedule that week , that would be catastrophic. If they move it up a day (Tuesday/Wednesday), which is what they did last year I think, they will clash with the Voice on Tuesday, and Wednesday is such a busy day, a travel day for so many. The ratings that week can't avoid taking another hit, and any momentum from the previous week will again be killed.

I thought Thanksgiving was the last Thursday of the month, so as you say that only gives them a week.
    Bottom line, the fall is just a horrible time to try to schedule this show.

It certainly looks that way. Seems like FOX have ordered a show that they simply don't have room to accomodate. They started two weeks earlier this year yet got into more of a mess than last year.
    I spoke too soon. Unbelievably, Fox is airing the X Factor performance show on Thanksgiving Eve, with the results show on Thanksgiving Day.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/fox-to-air-glee-x-factor-thanksgiving-night-x-factor-final-dec-19-and-20.htm

I swear, it looks like Fox no longer cares about the show, or they wouldn't be treating it this way.

There is some logic to it - at least in the minds of FOX executives. They've apparently got an NFL game which will likely run into primetime delivering a big lead-in. So they've scheduled X Factor and Glee for primetime to capitalise on it.

Whatever they did they'd have to air a low rated episode on Wednesday because they could only do Tue/Wed or Wed/Thur. Basically they're betting on the Thursday show doing better than a Tuesday one would have.

The problem as far as I see is that it'll be a results show for a performance show which will have rated very badly on Thanksgiving Eve. It's not a great episode to draw in casual viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The irony of it all is that NBC fought tooth and nail to get X Factor, lost it to FOX so settled for The Voice. I think what helped them is that they had the room to put The Voice out before X Factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8pm
    The Big Bang Theory/ Two and a Half Men - 5.0/4.0
    The Voice - 3.0
    The X Factor - 2.3
    Last Resort - 1.4
    Vampire Diaries - 1.4

X Factor flat with last week despite The Voice arriving on the night, FOX will hope things pick up next week however. The Voice way off its usual pace but probably just due to being on an irregular day and it should bounce back on Monday. CBS comedies crushed them both.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8pm
    The Big Bang Theory/ Two and a Half Men - 5.0/4.0
    The Voice - 3.0
    The X Factor - 2.3
    Last Resort - 1.4
    Vampire Diaries - 1.4

X Factor flat with last week despite The Voice arriving on the night, FOX will hope things pick up next week however. The Voice way off its usual pace but probably just due to being on an irregular day and it should bounce back on Monday. CBS comedies crushed them both.

They were both results shows. Very few watch results shows anymore. You can get them online, especially us in the west coast. I didn't watch either because I found out who went home before it even aired here and neither had performances I was eager to catch. Plus, Thursday will forever belong to Big Bang Theory. They got a 5.0. No one can compete with that.
    Forum Member
    Down to 2.2 (7million viewers) and IMHO won't recover from this spiral of a mess.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KToure wrote: »
    Down to 2.2 (7million viewers) and IMHO won't recover from this spiral of a mess.

The Charlie Brown special got the same rating and it's shown every year. :eek:
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see viewers going up at all this season, if this show is too recover it will happen in the third season if that is still going ahead. But they will need to make big changes and no doubt their budget will be slashed massively.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit strange how no one talked about last week's rating when it went up to a 2.9.

Regarding the 2.2, it's thanksgiving, a low rating was expected.
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    The Charlie Brown special got the same rating and it's shown every year. :eek:

I know:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    It's a bit strange how no one talked about last week's rating when it went up to a 2.9.

Regarding the 2.2, it's thanksgiving, a low rating was expected.

A 2.9 is still pretty bad for this type of show. It should be breaking 3s. I find it weird that all networks decided to run new shows last night and FOX is tonight as well. X Factor will probably be up, tonight because of the Thanksgiving football game lead in. If you look at the trends, ratings have been down all week and viewership has taken a massive dive for networks collectively. It looks as though almost half of viewer's switched off before the 10 o'clock hour.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    A 2.9 is still pretty bad for this type of show. It should be breaking 3s. I find it weird that all networks decided to run new shows last night and FOX is tonight as well. X Factor will probably be up, tonight because of the Thanksgiving football game lead in. If you look at the trends, ratings have been down all week and viewership has taken a massive dive for networks collectively. It looks as though almost half of viewer's switched off before the 10 o'clock hour.

I know it's still not great, but everyone is talking about how the show isn't rising when it went up to a 2.9 last week.

It's FOX's fault why the ratings have gone down, the show was steady before they messed with the schedule.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KToure wrote: »

It'll recover next week - this week was always going to be the season low. But there's no doubt that the scheduling mess has knocked a fair bit out of it. Judging by last week, probably about half a point or more.

FOX are going with new X Factor and new Glee tonight, hoping that they cash in on a football lead-in. Airing new content on Thanksgiving is quite unusual so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out for them.

Networks airing shows on Thanksgiving Eve is common and every year people ask why they do it. I think it's because it's November Sweeps so every point counts. But ABC have thrown in the towel this year at last. The Charlie Brown specials always do well for them but the past few years Modern Family has been taking a massive hit (they'd always class it as a "special" so the ratings weren't included in final season calculations).
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Expect a 1.7 demo or around there tonight with it being thanksgiving and a football game on at the same time!
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....and last night? Did it dip below 2.0?