Options

If your a women and you vote for Jim tell me why !

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim reminds me of my grandad - sexist racist and has the ability to make you feel very small and worthless...but still oddly likable..:confused::confused:
  • Options
    jason_strenthamjason_strentham Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digiqueen wrote: »
    Well, he would only have served 12 years in that case. There was violence from both parties in the marriage so there was also the chance that she could have killed him. We never know what goes on within other people's four walls.

No we don't. But i do find it harder to believe she was beating him up. I imagine she hit him sure. But it's a different ball game. He is a tall, biggish intimidating figure.

At the end of the day he can be forgiven. & redemption for any man is nice. But we have to calm down a bit on the praise. I totally understand opposing the attacks on him or the hate mob against him. But he's not 100% innocent.
  • Options
    Popcorn4461Popcorn4461 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Because I like him. Yes, I know he can be nasty but so can most other human beings, man or woman. I really don't care about sexist remarks because if any man has ever said something that could be considered sexist to me or in my presence I've fired back with a suitable response, more often than not men and women in the group end up laughing. People get offended over nothing these days. Men are men and women are women, we each have our role in life. In general men are expected to get up a ladder and unblock a gutter or use the chainsaw to cut some wood or lift heavy furniture and build a wall in the garden etc., etc. in return women, in general are expected to do the washing and ironing etc., Though we allegedly live in an equal. society the old roles of men and women still exist in the majority of households. So called sexist remarks used to be called banter between the sexes. Note that I say "in general" because there are no doubt some households where some men do their own ironing etc and some women who would go up the ladder and get the chainsaw out. Most men like to take on the protective role towards women and most women like to feel protected by the man in their life. Jim makes me laugh, full stop.
  • Options
    xblingxbling Posts: 2,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the series only knowing the older stars. That means I was aware of stories about them which actually could have drawn me to the younger housemates. But I always make my own mind up on a person and judging them on the house time and Jim has come across as one of the best. He has had a lot to put up with and sadly Linda has defined his experience. Yes he's grumpy but not in the company of all of them. He has spoken his mind, and does get on well with some of the younger ones. He does like his sleep and peace and quiet but there's nothing wrong with that, we can't all be the same. Someone like Luisa is just so different from Jim so I have no problem with them not getting on. Sadly, Linda influenced too many in the house and that is apparent with BBBOTS. I really think there is now a plan to make sure he doesn't win. I'd rather spend a month in Jim's company that an hour in Linda's.