Here is the song list

1 Foxes 60 23.81%
    2 The 1975 45 17.86%
    3 Lily 43 17.06%
    4 Haim 41 16.27%
    - - -
    5 Hurts 35 13.89%
    6 Aluna 28 11.11%

The top 4 this show is exactly how the final finished!

As a vote counter, it was perhaps way more interesting for me to see the competition in the middle of the pack as I assumed Foxes pretty much had this in the bag. The fight for 2nd place between Lily and 1975 was very exciting and similarly the fight for survival was more intense! Hurts unfortunately did not live up to their consistent 4th place finish and left the competition in 5th place. AlunaGeorge was also eliminated in 6th place.
  • r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I thought the fight would be for second and it definitely was!
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semi Final
    1. MO – 64
    2. Shiny Toy Guns – 53
    3. Charli XCX – 47
    4. Anna Calvi – 43 (four 6s)
    5. The Weeknd – 43 (one 6)
    6. Dry The River – 42

And now on to last week, where after two songs MO had quite a substantial lead. Again, her sparring partners across the competition, Shiny Toy Guns, came in second place, a few points above the other acts.

Charli XCX was actually out for most of the show until a late surge of votes pushed her into third position, earning a well deserved place in the final for David's act.

In the bottom half of the vote, Alex was heartbreakingly eliminated by just one point, whilst the margin for The Weeknd was even closer - it was just Jack who awarded The Weeknd a 6, whereas 3 neutral people chose to give theirs to Anna Calvi, which awarded the final place in tonight's showdown into Nail's hands.
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well f*ck that vote.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Aw damn lmao...I'm glad though that Hurts had some fans at least. I should have used Illuminated instead of the Road maybe lol?

Indie was epic that week! I used Glass and Red in the Gray which are two of my favorite Mo songs so happy that she ended in 2nd. STGs though using the emosh Waiting Along that week - EPIC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought MO would dominate this week a bit, and why I thought she was definitely most likely to win it all tbh! DTR and the Weeknd going like that is heartbreaking - would've been awful for whoever left to go like that :(
    Forum Member
    Oh my god Mo topped the semis. :o Fire Rides is my favorite Mo song tbh. And XXX88 is just so badass.

But so emosh at The Weeknd and DTR leaving that week - High For This + No Rest = Heaven.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final part one
    1. Shiny Toy Guns – 48
    2. MO – 44
    3. Anna Calvi – 37
    4. Charli XCX – 33

Well, tonight it was always going to be Shiny Toy Guns, who finished four points above MO after the first three songs were performed.

MO had an interesting night for the most part tonight, in third behind Anna Calvi until about ten minutes before the deadline when a few last minute votes pushed her to safety - that most certainly would have been a shock given her strong past performances against Anna's up and down placings. Ultimately though, Anna's valiant efforts weren't enough, and MO's effortless brilliance was enough to take it to the next level against Rory & STG.

Sadly for Charli XCX tonight didn't really go in her favour despite some excellent performances, ending up 4 points shy of Anna Calvi.
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NTA Mainstream: The Finale.

Round 1:

Foxes 44 29.33%
    The 1975 39 26.00%
    - - -
    Lily Allen 38 25.33%
    Haim 29 19.33%

Foxes lead by 5 points in Round 1 of the final. The 1975 and Lily were both 1 POINT apart and unfortunately Haim were always going to be 4th place. The toss between The 1975 and Lily had changed several times throughout the night and in the end The 1975 managed to grab it.

Round 2: Winners single

Foxes - 7
    The 1975 - 8

Foxes 51 52.04%
    The 1975 47 47.96%

In an interesting turn of events, it was actually the 1975 who won the FINAL vote, however the votes were added to the previous rounds' results and Foxes emerged victorious after a VERY tight top 2 showdown!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great.

Thanks for compiling all these stats Aliyah and Gav, this must have taken you generations D: In future NTAs there will hopefully be a robot who can do it all themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final, part two

Shiny Toy Guns - 10 votes
    MO - 7 votes.

Whichever way you calculated it, adding the votes to the previous rounds scores or standalone based on just this round of voting, Shiny Toy Guns emerged victorious as the winners of NTA Indie 7, with MO a super deserving second place. I can't actually ever remember a top 2 stronger, super congrats to both of you on being so consistently brilliant!
    Forum Member
    Wow - it was all very close but thank you to those last minute voters - all of you are so fabulous and late (like me <3:D). And I knew it was always Shiny Toy Guns round tbh! Flawless mentoring Rory.

And yeah Anna and Charlie's journeys were up and down but they had a great final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks again for your STG votes and I'm so glad they did consistently well throughoutthe series! And so happy Lily did awesome as well. Thanks for doing them Gavaliyah as they're always so interesting!
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonderful, thanks you two!
    Forum Member
    And I can't believe Mo ended up 2nd still. She's so fabulous and ty again to all the voters who got her there. I'm glad people did enjoy Walk This Way. But yes it seems like no matter what happened STG were clear winners! :D Well done to Rory once again!

And once again massive thanks to Aliyah and Gav for putting the time and effort into making NTA 7 so incredible especially with all the power struggles and 24 mentors voting. Really great job guys - wouldn't have been the same without you two! <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay guys I know it's really really late but Gav and I are going to post some of the awards. If it's running too late then we'll post some tomorrow too!
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Rory & Alex :)
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also remember to send DSSC songs to Alexos it's the last one before we do a special 'mainstream' contest to celebrate #10 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your kind words for STG and I am thrilled again! And thanks to GavAliyah for a flawless series - I've gotto get some sleep now but can't wait to see awards tomorrow! Thanks everyone...leaving Shiny Toy Guns' best song ever (imo) just once more
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex's Ranking of All the Acts (Based on their NTA Performances Only)

MAINSTREAM

23. Marvin Gaye
    22. ABBA
    21. Cher

20. Agnes :cry:
    19. Sophie Ellis Bextor
    18. Paloma Faith
    17. Eliza Doolittle
    16. Icona Pop

15. Kodaline
    14. Natalia Kills
    13. The Saturdays
    12. Cher Lloyd
    11. Lorde
    10. Leona

9. Little Boots
    8. Haim
    7. VV Brown

6. The 1975
    5. AlunaGeorge
    4. Kele
    3. Lily Allen
    2. Foxes
    1. Hurts

INDIE

23. The Summer Set

22. Blake Shelton
    21. Reba McIntyre

20. Jungle Giants
    19. Lady Antebellum

18. Jem & The Holograms
    17. Matthew Mayfield
    16. Luke Bryan
    15. Ben Howard

14. Anna Calvi
    13. Paper Aeroplanes
    12. Angel Haze

11. Owl Eyes
    10. Kyla La Grange
    9. Grouplove
    8. The Weeknd

7. Santigold
    6. Lissie
    5. Mo
    4. Charli XCX
    3. CHVRCHES

2. Dry the River
    1. Shiny Toy Guns
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The M.I.A. award for most inconsistent act

INDIE:

Here are some of the commentaries for this award:

Charlie XCX - felt like Marina Diamandis and Frankie Cocozza's love child half the time, and a tescos version of Sky F the other half of the time.

This award goes to GROUPLOVE, hands down.There were some weeks where they were great and there were other weeks where it felt like they were singing a hidden track from the Glee album.

Grouplove, I realised that Grouplove's popular songs are the good songs, and the rest sound like something rejected from a Disney Channel musical.

Dry The River - 1
    Anna Calvi 1
    Luke Bryan 1
    Chvrches 1
    Paper Aeroplanes - 1
    The Weeknd - 1
    Chvrches - 2
    GroupLove - 2
    Santigold - 2

And with 3 points, the WINNER is.
    CHARLI XCX!

This vote was pretty widespread for this award, however Charli won it by a single vote. Both winners of this award actually finished in 4th place, so I guess you did do something right!

MAINSTREAM:

Agnes (Did anyone else forget she was in the competition??)

AlunaGeorge – sometimes I felt like hitting her, other times I felt like she must be embraced.

Haim- Some weeks they were good hence why they're in the final. Some they were really bad hence why they were in the bottom 3 in week 2

Haim – every week I never knew whether it was a P or N week with them

Haim, they had good weeks but then others they sounded like they were getting fisted

Lorde - 1
    Paloma Faith - 1
    Hurts - 1
    Cher - 1
    Agnes - 1
    Icona Pop - 1
    AlunaGeorge 1
    Little Boots - 2

Aaand with 6 VOTES...the winner is
    HAIM!

(Sorry Dylan, clearly a popular vote, however similarly to Charli, Haim still managed to get to the final so well done!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ? wrote:
    Haim, they had good weeks but then others they sounded like they were getting fisted

Literally laughed out loud.
    Forum Member
    'Grouplove, I realised that Grouplove's popular songs are the good songs, and the rest sound like something rejected from a Disney Channel musical.'

These comments are amazing! :'(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Aaaand that was a little taster of what's to come tomorrow!

Gav and I are really tired so we'll be posting the rest tomorrow! Thankfully we both have days off tomorrow and i'll be spending the day packing <3 whilst revealing these amaze awards
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, stay tuned, MANY more to come tomorrow!