The X Factor Australia [2014 Discussion Thread]

Comments

• woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Hmm... Interesting thought Danni & Ronan would be equal.

Ronan said he was possibly going to leave at the end of last years show, I suspect he was given an reason to stay for another season;-) He is the head judge though so I guess that's why he is on more than Dannii
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodlands wrote: »
    Interesting that the XF judges salaries have been leaked. Nat Bass is on 1.25 mil, Dannii and Foo are both on 2 mil and Ronan earns 2,5 million

Ronan is on a lot more that Nat,doesnt seem fair,they should all be on the same amount.
  • Adsie1989Adsie1989 Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me who made it to home visits
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    After seeing the top 24 reveal, my top 12 would be:
    Boys:
    James Johnston
    Tee
    Dean Ray

Girls:
    Sydnee Carter
    Shanell Dargan
    Chloe Papandrea

Overs:
    Reigan Derry (My winner)
    Stephanie Totino
    Amali Ward

Groups:
    Brothers 3
    Girl Group
    Tril
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adsie1989 wrote: »

BOYS
    Jaymie
    James
    Adrien
    Dean
    Jesse
    Tee

GIRLS
    Alice
    Sydnee
    Shanell
    Chloe
    Marlisa
    Caitlyn

OVERS
    Reigan
    Jason
    Ryan
    Rochelle
    Stephanie
    Amali

GROUPS
    Brothers 3
    Majikhoney
    Paris, Inc.
    Trill
    <Ellis, Harry, Joel>
    <Serenity, Tahnie, Chaska, Nada-Leigh>
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adsie1989 wrote: »

Girls-Alice,Syndee,Shanell,Caitlyin ,Chloe and Marlisa
    Boys-Tee,Dean,Jessie,Jaymie,James and Aiden(all pretty boys)
    Overs-Rochelle,Regan,Ryan .Amali,Jasson and(dont know the last one)
    Groups-3 Brothers,Boy and Girl Groups,Trill,Paris Inc and Majikhoney
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My top 12 now with this top 24 would be

Girls
    Alice
    Syndee
    Marlisa

Boys
    James
    Aiden
    Dean
    (I know Tee will be in there though and prob Jessie over Dean :(Nat seems to love him)

Overs
    Regan
    Rochelle
    James

Groups
    Boygroup
    Trill
    Paris Inc
    (I really dont have a top 3 out of the groups)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Majikhoney win. Their name is so good!
  • Adsie1989Adsie1989 Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    I reckon Paris inc r gonna win n become masive they remind me of a young little mix
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    there's about 1-2 special acts in each category now but here's my ideal top 12 with the special one bolded.

Girls: Syndee, Alice and Chloe

Boys: Dean, Jaymie and Tee

Overs: Reigan, Rochelle and Ryan

Groups: Brothers 3, Trill and Paris Inc

I really hope that's the top 12 but I have such a bad feeling that Dean won't make it just because Nat doesn't seem fond of him, but then again said the same about Joelle and Foo last year so who knows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronan doesn't like the Boys lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Ronan doesn't like the Boys lol

They are all pretty much the same - Nat has gone for a certain type, good looking, ok voice (not a stand out) guitar playing boy! Nat has chosen with her hormones and not her head! They will all appeal to the same type of girl, and they will all be singing the same type of song! Her choices could have been more interesting:confused Ronan is probably thinking what is she going to do with them in the live shows!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I think that on the whole, the right decisions were defintley made. I think that they all have strong categories, except for Nat. I think Ronan will win, Dannii 2nd and Foo 3rd. My top 12 are:

Girls: Shanell, Chloe and Marlissa
    Overs: Reigan, Rochelle and Ryan
    Groups: Paris Inc, Trill and Boy Band
    Boys: Honestly I dont see a stand out boy and think they are all the same and the only one I particularly like is Dean

I would love the top 3 to be Chloe, Reigan and Paris Inc. With Paris Inc winning, Reigan 2nd and Chloe 3rd!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who doesn't see the fuss over Paris Inc they're not bad they're just ok to me I honestly prefer girlgroup over them but Paris Inc is more likable though oh and team reigan all the way
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kirdej_M wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't see the fuss over Paris Inc they're not bad they're just ok to me I honestly prefer girlgroup over them but Paris Inc is more likable though oh and team reigan all the way

I dont see the fuss really but do think they will make the top 12 along with Trill could be wrong though.
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The boys category is just dreadful this year, incredibly samey and so-so as others have said. Such an obvious downgrade compared to the diversity Taylor, Omar and Jay (even though I wasn't fond of the latter) brought to the table last year.

That said, I'm loving the three other categories this year. There's some amazing talent in there!
    Forum Member
    I agree with everyone. The boys category is awful. Why do they keep going on about it being the strongest category? I feel sorry for Nat who I really wanted to do well this series. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boys category is just dreadful this year, incredibly samey and so-so as others have said. Such an obvious downgrade compared to the diversity Taylor, Omar and Jay (even though I wasn't fond of the latter) brought to the table last year.

That said, I'm loving the three other categories this year. There's some amazing talent in there!

Last year's top 3 boys was great and I think it was always going to be hard for the boys this year.They were all really different to each other and so appealed to different people,I think that why they went so far last year without being in the bottom 2 .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    I agree with everyone. The boys category is awful. Why do they keep going on about it being the strongest category? I feel sorry for Nat who I really wanted to do well this series. :(

Don't feel sorry for her, she chose her top 6, the look on Ronan's face was a picture! All 6 boys are the same, there were others she could have chosen to mix it up, but she went with the lookers!:o
    Forum Member
    Don't feel sorry for her, she chose her top 6, the look on Ronan's face was a picture! All 6 boys are the same, there were others she could have chosen to mix it up, but she went with the lookers!:o

Who could she of chosen instead? The others in that category were really boring I thought.
  • peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Who could she of chosen instead? The others in that category were really boring I thought.

Agreed.

Also I think she has picked boys she thinks can actually work in the "real" world . Don't understand the hate towards Natalie's picks.

3 of her 6 boys are similar I agree, but realistically not all 3 will make live shows so she should be ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing this group will be in the Final 12 as they appeared on 'Sunrise' A breakfast news show on Channel 7.
    Boyband
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Remember when Mel chose ugly guys? She was lucky to have an act in the final! :p The Boys are a safe category; they can go the distance, but they won't necessarily win.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kirdej_M wrote: »

Nope I do go get the fuss over them either
  • daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the hate that Sydnee is getting all of a sudden. Yes, she forgot the words, but that isn't enough to hate her. Dami forgot her words at Bootcamp last year, but she didn't get any hate. Same with Bella the year before. And these two made it very far. She deserved to get through, and why people and the judges find it shocking is just a bit unfair as Dami and Bella didn't get this much hate.

Love Sydnee, and I hope she can prove the other judges wrong!!!!!!