Comments

• Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just saw this on twitter

That statement is a poor attempt to conceal the lie

facts are they put helen in there she did not apply
    no way on gods earth are the votes real. only a gullible hobbit would even consider it
    she should of and would of been chucked out of that house many times over her anticts but bb wanted her in and wanted her to win. everything was done to see it happen that is the biggest fact of all and cannot be denied.
    the fact they showed 2 warnings out of how many 20? just shows the level of their manipulation.

hopefully it will be investigated properly every minute part and the truth revealed.
    the public have been conned. and some dont even realize it or refuse to believe it. when the facts are all there.
    if it barks like a dog its not a chcken:)

Do you have any evidence of this or is it just made up. Your problem is that Channel 5 does have evidence which was supported by an independent examiner. What part of that is so difficult to understand. To correct your faulty analogy if it looks like a Duck and quacks it must be a Duck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    That plus the fact that they downright lied about Pauline not knowing she was giving Helen a pass to the final...

I honestly do not remember if she knew initially, and to be honest I'm not that bothered to go back through months of video footage.

But if you feel that strongly, fine the video through "big brother UK youtube" (they're all on there), copy the video of it, and email them, challenge them over it, and make a formal complaint, tell them you would like a reply within 10 working days or you will be taking their statement and the conflicting video to ofcom to have them investigated again, as they have blatantly lied.

Or you could just not watch it anymore?
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And nothing of one week taking the vote away from us when someone they didn't want to lose just then would have gone.

Maybe the Channel 5 supporters would like to comment on that as sure as hell Channel 5 haven't and won't.
    I'm not a Channel 5 supporter, I'm a BB supporter and if they hadn't have taken it on when C4 dumped it, you and others would have to find something else to spend vast chunks of your time complaining about.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DryIce wrote: »
    I honestly do not remember if she knew initially, and to be honest I'm not that bothered to go back through months of video footage.

But if you feel that strongly, fine the video through "big brother UK youtube" (they're all on there), copy the video of it, and email them, challenge them over it, and make a formal complaint, tell them you would like a reply within 10 working days or you will be taking their statement and the conflicting video to ofcom to have them investigated again, as they have blatantly lied.

Or you could just not watch it anymore?
    Don't be daft.

Moaning about BB is some people's life! :o
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    dialectic wrote: »
    Christopher fans?

Er .... don't think so!
  • Options
    yorkie11yorkie11 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cah wrote: »
    Helen won fair and Square ,time to get over it folks

^^ This^^

Glad I chucked a few votes her way as well. :)
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't have to, they are already posted on this thread.

You are telling us to accept the statement and move on but how can we accept it when we know that at least one part of it is demonstrably and undoubtedly wrong!
  • Options
    this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i new it would be like this in the voting in the last hours .. helens popularity was more then ashleigh people wanted the underdog to win...

ashleigh fans just thought the win was in the bag and didn't bother spam voting, helen fans were voting all the way to the final minute when they new she had chance to win
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you have to bear in mind in the "Helen vote surge" is that not only did her votes apparently suddenly close the gap and then pass Ashleigh's, but this would have been happening while more votes were still coming in for Ashleigh.
    It's not as if Ashleigh's vote would have stood still. The surge is more of a tsunami.
    Only by seeing the actual voting numbers instead of this "ahead" and behind" stuff would the scale of the turn over be revealed.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I dream the formal Warning aired on BBOTS long after Dan and Matt left?
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »

2. Votes cast are regularly monitored to detect any unusual voting patterns or to determine whether, for instance, computer programmes have been used to implement automatic voting for particular housemates. Where there are discrepancies in voting patterns, in consultation with the independent verifier, consideration is given as to whether the votes should be included.

3. No votes were discarded because of voting irregularities in the period after lines were open for voting in the final week of the last series up until the lines were finally closed, when Helen and Ashleigh were the two remaining finalists. No voting irregularities were detected during that period.

5. At 9.20am on August 15, the morning of the Final of Big Brother 2014, the voting stood as follows:

Ashleigh was 8,018 votes ahead of Helen.

Helen was 9,789 votes ahead of Christopher.
    Christopher was 4,945 votes ahead of Ash
    Ash was 8,730 votes ahead of Chris
    Chris was 11,237 votes ahead of Pav

6. At 8.55pm on August 15, immediately prior to the live broadcast of the Final of Big Brother 2014, the voting stood as follows:

Ashleigh was 7,887 votes ahead of Helen.
    Helen was 12,628 votes ahead of Christopher.
    Christopher was 6,319 votes ahead of Ash
    Ash was 10,296 votes ahead of Chris
    Chris was 13,365 votes ahead of Pav

7. At 10.03pm on August 15, when voting lines closed for the final time during the live broadcast of the Final of Big Brother 2014, the voting stood as follows:

Helen was 4,631 votes ahead of Ashleigh.
    Ashleigh was 75,818 votes ahead of Christopher.
    Christopher was 13,303 votes ahead of Ash
    Ash was 23,108 votes ahead of Chris
    Chris was 14,594 votes ahead of Pav

A sudden jump of 11,000 votes in just one hour isn't seen as irregular :confused:
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    AA2009 wrote: »
    So what happened during the final that suddenly made Helen win? The only highlights we got were the goodbye speeches and Ashleigh's was better...

The anyone but Ashleigh brigade and those who would like Helen to win but didn't think she was in with a chance - that sort of sums me up - I know a few others like that too.

A lot of people leave it until the last knockings to place their vote.
  • Options
    yorkie11yorkie11 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen will have probably got votes from Ash and Winston fans when it was head to head with her and Ashleigh. Plus many will have voted for her when they realised she was in with a chance in the final two, like I did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A sudden jump of 11,000 votes in just one hour isn't seen as irregular :confused:

It's not only the 11,000 - remember people would have still been voting for Ashleigh.
    Every vote for Ashleigh cancelled out a vote for Helen. For that turn round it takes a huge Helen vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie11 wrote: »
    ^^ This^^

Glad I chucked a few votes her way as well. :)

I actually voted for Chris, yet i don't feel duped, Helen won fair and square because I felt she actually turned it around and learned a lot.
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    You don't have to, they are already posted on this thread.

You are telling us to accept the statement and move on but how can we accept it when we know that at least one part of it is demonstrably and undoubtedly wrong!

So rather than wasting your time posting here about it when it will achieve nothing, put an official complaint together in email.

And don't watch it anymore.
    Bunions wrote: »
    Don't be daft.

Moaning about BB is some people's life! :o

It seems to fill a gap.

I remembered why I don't watch BGT anymore, it wasn't the voting I felt was fixed, it was that group who won it last year that did it for me, they did a performance early on in the show, and they were miming.

That for me is the the height of insult to anyones intelligence, I've never watched it since, so I don't feel the need to sit moaning about it.

Boycotting something relieves a person of their anger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    It's not only the 11,000 - remember people would have still been voting for Ashleigh.
    Every vote for Ashleigh cancelled out a vote for Helen. For that turn round it takes a huge Helen vote.

Precisely.

How Channel 5 finds that staggering turnaround of votes in just one hour regular is beyond me. I would find it extremely irregular.
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the lines opening and closing that creates the problem you get a lot of people sad the fav has gone and start voting in a contraversal Way ending as we saw on the final night I believe the same thing happened last year hence we get Sam as a winner
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member

it was 12,518 .most of which must have been cast after christopher was evicted and they were 1 on 1 , given the massive difference in their vote compared to christopher"s ,which must have been established once his lines had closed and theirs remained open.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So rather than wasting your time posting here about it when it will achieve nothing, put an official complaint together in email.

And don't watch it anymore.

I will continue to watch and, like you, I will continue to waste my time posting on here. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    what the hell do channel 5 have to gain from Helen winning other than a headache from idiotic fans behaving like children who havent got their own way?

Amen to this ^^^

I've yet to hear a convincing, coherent argument that'll convince me that Ch5/Big Brother were prepared to put their reputation and the possibility of a punishing fine in jeopardy to favour Helen.

It makes no sense whatsoever why they would do this.

I think it makes people feel better to believe this rather than admit that their own favourite was less popular and someone they didn't like actually won.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Precisely.

How Channel 5 finds that staggering turnaround of votes in just one hour regular is beyond me. I would find it extremely irregular.

Yes. The format of the statement means that people are lulled into the thought that Helen simply overtook by gathering up a few thousand votes. It's not the case.
    With the full figures you could work out the true pattern and whether the final hour votes were coming in 20-1 Helen/Ashleigh, 5-1 Helen/Ashleigh - what was necessary for the votes % tsunami.
    It would be interesting to graph the spike against previous BB voting.

By the way, I didn't watch BB15 after 3 days, had no favourite therefore, I'm just interested in numbers - and how people measure them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5,

I understand that the vote was not fixed, but the tasks and episodes were heavily manipulated. That's my problem with this series, and it's why I'm not watching CBB or any future Big Brother, after investing in the show for several series.

I want an explanation as to why Helen was chosen to be fake evicted. There is no justification for that farce. The last week heavily revolved around Helen's redemption. I'm not bitter at the result; I grew to like Helen. I just don't like the manipulation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amen to this ^^^

I've yet to hear a convincing, coherent argument that'll convince me that Ch5/Big Brother were prepared to put their reputation and the possibility of a punishing fine in jeopardy to favour Helen.

It makes no sense whatsoever why they would do this.

I think it makes people feel better to believe this rather than admit that their own favourite was less popular and someone they didn't like actually won.

I wasn't an Ashleigh fan, so her not winning doesn't bother me and given Christopher's tally, it's clear he wouldn't have won either way. I don't believe Channel 5 fixed the vote either.

However, the anomaly in those figures for the final hour make no sense to me. The fact Channel 5 finds no irregularities in those final figures is what's puzzling me.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I don't vote so I don't get mugged off so I don't have anything to complain about and I have no good reason to suspect any irregularities in this case BUT I don't see how that statement is supposed to reassure anyone.

In any event if they're prepared to release such information in response to fixing allegations why not just do it as a matter of course? The conspiracy theorists do go get way too carried away but BB could help matters considerably by being more transparent.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I'd feel bad for them if they really did fix it for Helen to win. If they'd have managed to pull off the whole redemption angle then it would have been better, but since she got booed by the very people who should lap that up then they didn't do a very good job of it and certainly soured the moment for them. Plus Helen seems more disliked than ever and has pretty much vanished now.

I don't think they fix it for certain housemates though, at least not intentionally, but they certainly attempt to manipulate things in order to make the most money and attract media interest in the show.

Anyway, the way BB15 was handled was appalling, so the fact they are having to wheel out all this defense against the accusations is pretty funny. If they did a better job and were overall much more competent then viewers wouldn't be so mistrustful of them and suspicious of everything they do.