How long will Scotland blame England for there problems?

gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
Forum Member
if there is a YES How long will Scotland blame England for there problems?

1 year, 5 years, Forever?

Im going for FOREVER

Comments

• Angels_babyAngels_baby Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't blame England for anything. They do however feel disenfranchised from the UK government.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long will England blame immigrants for their problems?
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Dear Scotland,

If you go, that's it. We don't want drunken phone calls in a few months saying what a huge mistake it was.

Regards,

England.
  • The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    They don't blame England for anything. They do however feel disenfranchised from the UK government.
    Why do they feel disenfranchised though? I've never understood that. They were given their own parliament with powers over areas like health and education. As an Englishman I feel the disenfranchised one. When are we going to get our own parliament?
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,563
    Forum Member
    The Turk wrote: »
    Why do they feel disenfranchised though? I've never understood that. They were given their own parliament with powers over areas like health and education. As an Englishman I feel the disenfranchised one. When are we going to get our own parliament?

The Scots didn't get our Parliament just because we asked for one It took many decades of hard work and political activity to get one Many false dawns and broken promises along the way too
    If you feel disenfranchised then get off your backside and take a leaf out of our book Get involved instead of whingeing
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey with Scottish independance there's a whole new set of foreigners to hate, the immigrants will probably get it easy for a while
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Hey with Scottish independance there's a whole new set of foreigners to hate, the immigrants will probably get it easy for a while

The Daily Mail will love that :D
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail will love that :D

Yeah pesky Scots Coming down here and winning Wimbledon and giving lessons in how to manage a football team How very dare they!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When you all actually stand up and do something to get it rather than sit back and expect it just to be given to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and powers over education and health wasn't given to the Scottish Parliament they were always separate from the act of Union (education) and the establishment of the NHS (health)
  • PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    When you all actually stand up and do something to get it rather than sit back and expect it just to be given to you.

Exactly, its not as if the SNP just magicked itself out of nowhere. It was formed and, through years of hard work, we are where we are currently.

Message for The Turk, you feel disenfranchised and want your own parliament? Good. Here's something you obviously haven't twigged, there's nothing stopping you! All you have to do is get off your backside, make the effort and start a party or movement to campaign for one. It will take hard work and a good amount of time, but enough effort and support, and you will get there. What won't result in you getting there is sitting on your backside and moaning about how hard done by you are and feel.
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    The Scots didn't get our Parliament just because we asked for one It took many decades of hard work and political activity to get one Many false dawns and broken promises along the way too
    If you feel disenfranchised then get off your backside and take a leaf out of our book Get involved instead of whingeing
    Fair enough, I'm sure we will do. As a matter of fact I'm a member of the CEP (Campaign for an English Parliament). Here's the link: www.thecep.org.uk What I don't understand though is having been given your parliament why do you STILL feel you haven't got enough power?
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well first someone would have to ask the English people if they actually want immigrants in the first place.
    Forum Member
    Really? How do you explain the Welsh being given their own assembly even though they didn't really ask for one either?
    Forum Member
    Fair enough, I'm sure we will do. As a matter of fact I'm a member of the CEP (Campaign for an English Parliament). Here's the link: www.thecep.org.uk What I don't understand though is having been given your parliament why do you STILL feel you haven't got enough power?

Because we are still beholding to Westminster for the money to run the thing for starters And another thing Why is it that Scotland is the only country in the history of the world to discover oil and become POORER?
    For me Turk it is simple We want to shape our own destiny and stand or fall by the choices we make
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? How do you explain the Welsh being given their own assembly even though they didn't really ask for one either?

I'm sure Plaid Cymru would disagree with you on that one.
  • Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Because we are still beholding to Westminster for the money to run the thing for starters And another thing Why is it that Scotland is the only country in the history of the world to discover oil and become POORER?
    For me Turk it is simple We want to shape our own destiny and stand or fall by the choices we make

*probably cos you're piss poor in managing money.:D

edinburgh tram project (costed at £375 million in 2003, but by May 2008, when contracts were signed, the cost had risen to £521 million. After extra interest payments are factored in, the final cost is expected to top £1 billion),

and the scottish parliament building (ten times over budget)

*for all you of a sensitive nature, this is a joke.
    Forum Member

edinburgh tram project (costed at £375 million in 2003, but by May 2008, when contracts were signed, the cost had risen to £521 million. After extra interest payments are factored in, the final cost is expected to top £1 billion),

Thank god you're joking! Saves typing the never ending list that would be Westminster follies
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    BBC News: Scotland is to be the home for the new "UK Spaceport".

Handy.

Now Alex Salmond and the SNP can travel quickly between Earth and the other planet they clearly live on.
  • delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

we dont want SOME of the power, we want ALL of the power.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i can take a joke, even one I suspect has a grievance or point behind it.

I'd just like to point out that the Scottish Parliament has balanced its books every year, unlike Westminster.
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can take a joke, even one I suspect has a grievance or point behind it.

I'd just like to point out that the Scottish Parliament has balanced its books every year, unlike Westminster.

But they won't following Independence, without Tax increases and cuts...
    You don't go to contributing towards costs to paying for them wholly without a massive cost increase.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they won't following Independence, without Tax increases and cuts...
    You don't go to contributing towards costs to paying for them wholly without a massive cost increase.

14th highest GDP in the world, no house of Lords, no Trident, simpler tax system.

we'll be fine

every other country manages its own finances, we invented economics, ffs
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member

Im going for FOREVER

Scotland doesn't blame England for its problems.
    If half of Scottish residents are voting to stay in the union, then they obviously don't have a problem with the English.

The other half have mostly bought into salmonds promise of utopia, only a small minority of these blame the worlds ills on England.
    They are the illogical foaming at the mouth little scotlanders who will blame the evil English for everything until they die ( which will also be the fault of the English).
    They may be small in number but they give the impression they are more numerous because they are loud shouty types.
    Some of them inhabit these boards.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im going for FOREVER

I take it you mean from now on?

Certain Scots have been doing it all of my life, and it's a trend that's been off and on for hundreds of years.

It's no coincidence that support for Independence got a substantial boost when Braveheart was released.