Options

Donald Trump Apprentice USA

jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
Forum Member
✭✭
I have watched many a series of the Apprentice USA and absolutely love it.

It is in a class of it's own and our one really does look rather amateurish by comparison. The candidates also appear much smarter than ours.

I think the boardroom sackings can be lethal and he really has a very powerful presence.

Your thoughts thanks.:)

Comments

• Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Absolutely agree. US Apprentice was the first I ever watched, and I loved it. Makes both ours (Irish) and the UK seem small-time by comparison (AS sometimes is seen in a limo, El Trumpo flies around in his own helicopter! Now THAT's power!)
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spot on

better apprentices, better prizes, better boss.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched one series (the first I think) which the BBC showed a few years back. Yes its slicker and more glitzy. But what I didn't like was the number of recaps mid show (obviously the Beeb had no ad breaks) and the large amount of mid show interviews - we ended up seeing more of people talking about tasks than we actually saw task!
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the US version, much bigger and glitzier than the UK version (which I also like a lot I should point out!), and I really find The Trump funny, though the contestants all tend to be rather too "alpha" for my tastes, and the producers also seem to go out of their way to find women who all look like ex-supermodels...

The current season about to finish on Thursday has been great, and a welcome return to "real" people, though unfortunately the ratings have been poor, so it'll probably be back to the celebrity format again next year...
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    jules1000 wrote: »
    I have watched many a series of the Apprentice USA and absolutely love it.

It is in a class of it's own and our one really does look rather amateurish by comparison. The candidates also appear much smarter than ours.

I think the boardroom sackings can be lethal and he really has a very powerful presence.

Your thoughts thanks.:)

The first 3 Seasons or so are good, but then it went downhill quickly.

Mind you, the US version is much crazier (magic eight ball and bedazzler, anyone?), but certainly not better in terms of candidates.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the US version, much bigger and glitzier than the UK version (which I also like a lot I should point out!), and I really find The Trump funny, though the contestants all tend to be rather too "alpha" for my tastes, and the producers also seem to go out of their way to find women who all look like ex-supermodels...

The current season about to finish on Thursday has been great, and a welcome return to "real" people, though unfortunately the ratings have been poor, so it'll probably be back to the celebrity format again next year...

:D

Haa haa yes I'm waiting for Thursdays episode.

I think Donald has a soft spot for Brandy.;)
  • Options
    sveknusveknu Posts: 269
    Forum Member

Celebrity Apprentice Season 4 (Season 11) has started shooting already, and will air in Spring next year. It was never a question of normal OR celebrity apprentice this time, the plan was to do both. But sadly, the ratings probably mean an end to the normal version for now.

Btw, check out the cast for CA4:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_Apprentice_4