Options

Ex Corrie actor joining Emmerdale (spoiler)

Comments

• Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant news - Bill's a good actor, and I really liked him on Corrie.

But please bring in some family for Moira - Dawn Steele as her sister and Maureen Beattie as her mum...
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very much looking forward to the arrival of this character and the accompanying storyline. Have always liked the Bartons and Bill Ward is a good actor, so all in all very promising :-)

Agree:D
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Excellent casting. Bill is a great actor in my opinion, so I am happy with this Emmerdale casting, Well done to Kate Oates for getting him back on a soap.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they dont go down the route of Adam possibly being James's son after he and Moira had a fling years ago! It just wouldn't look good at all!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they dont go down the route of Adam possibly being James's son after he and Moira had a fling years ago! It just wouldn't look good at all!

Agreed.

I do hope that James and Moira don't have "history". That would be very lazy plotting.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder if he might end up having feelings for Moira - maybe that's why he fell out with John?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed.

I do hope that James and Moira don't have "history". That would be very lazy plotting.

John was her first love and I don't think she cheated on John before her affair with Cain. I agree it would be very lazy of the scriptwriters to do this and make him a rival for Cain.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

One of the sons is bound to be a good match for Amy.

As long as he isn't Scottish. The poor lass has suffered enough...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    I wonder if he might end up having feelings for Moira - maybe that's why he fell out with John?

I dont know, i hope not just like huck said it would be lazy plotting!

I'd like to see James and Moira develop a brother/sister bond with each other it make such a change and would work nicely!

And with this whole thing with Adam she would need a bit of emotional support there especially since it will look like that Adam and Moira's relationship might become very strained!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    One of the sons is bound to be a good match for Amy.

As long as he isn't Scottish. The poor lass has suffered enough...

Well i havnt had the call yet to be cast as one of the son's so for that i dont think they would make a good match! :)
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

And with this whole thing with Adam she would need a bit of emotional support there especially since it will look like that Adam and Moira's relationship might become very strained!

I foresee lots of Adumb shouting.

I bet the words 'You're not my Dad!' come up at some point.

Let's hope they aren't followed by 'YES I AM!'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We know that most of village is up for sale. Does Declan also own the Barton farm? We know they have some sort of business deal but It's not clear whether Declan or the the Bartons own the farm. But if Declan does I suppose he'll want to sell. Maybe James decides to settle in the village in order to save John's farm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I foresee lots of Adumb shouting.

I bet the words 'You're not my Dad!' come up at some point.

Let's hope they aren't followed by 'YES I AM!'

Now where have I heard that line before...:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    We know that most of village is up for sale. Does Declan also own the Barton farm? We know they have some sort of business deal but It's not clear whether Declan or the the Bartons own the farm. But if Declan does I suppose he'll want to sell. Maybe James decides to settle in the village in order to save John's farm.

Its a puzzler. I thought he did own it because Declan was chasing John for money. But if this is the case, why was he trying to buy some land off Moira for the festival?

After John died didn't Moira ask Declan to buy the farm and he refused?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete: Double post
  • Options
    Sisney_HunterSisney_Hunter Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they repaired the dent in his head Tracy Barlow gave him? :), just kidding. Seriously, this is good news indeed. Nice to see they are going to fill in gaps in storylines once the Cameron/Declan thing is through. Kate Oates is trying to be one step ahead, and I have to comment her for that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a puzzler. I thought he did own it because Declan was chasing John for money. But if this is the case, why was he trying to buy some land off Moira for the festival?

Declan did try that! IIRC that was why he brought Megan in to do the deal easier because Adam was adamant that he wasn't selling to Declan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »

Good point. It's been so long now. If I remember
    Declan gave John the option to buy the farm. John couldn't raise the money to buy it outright. Then he came up with a plan selling products produced from the farm and cutting Declan on with the profits. The percentage Declan demanded from the venture was fairly steep - it meant the Bartons flogging themselves stupid to make enough money to meet the terms, but John had no choice and signed up (after nearly his silly son nearly scuppered the deal). That's all I remember, but could be wrong though

PS Not much of a spoiler since it's been aired a long time ago. But best be on the safe side:)
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John was her first love and I don't think she cheated on John before her affair with Cain.

Yes, I think that is correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Declan did try that! IIRC that was why he brought Megan in to do the deal easier because Adam was adamant that he wasn't selling to Declan!

Wasn't it the day after John died that he and Katie went to see Moira to 'pay his respects' and he then asked her to do the deal? Tactful Declan :mad:
  • Options
    Sisney_HunterSisney_Hunter Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Also, I am sure that there would be good chemistry between him and Adam, since I am sure they know each other pretty well from the days when Bill worked with his brother Ryan in Corrie.

Looks like KO is taking to her job really well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha! How can he sell something that he doesn't even own? When did he nick the farm off Declan, lol?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't it the day after John died that he and Katie went to see Moira to 'pay his respects' and he then asked her to do the deal? Tactful Declan :mad:

That's right but mind Declan dosnt let things like dead people get in the way of his precious festival! :rolleyes:
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Haha! How can he sell something that he doesn't even own? When did he nick the farm off Declan, lol?

Declan put the farm on the market and John wanted to buy it i dont remember if he did! But then why would Declan need permission to use a field if he did own it!
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MMMMMM He is very sexy....oh and can act too...that helps...I guess..;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's right but mind Declan dosnt let things like dead people get in the way of his precious festival! :rolleyes:

Declan put the farm on the market and John wanted to buy it i dont remember if he did! But then why would Declan need permission to use a field if he did own it!

I thought the Wyldes had sold it to the Bartons but obviously not if Declan sold it?

I have come to the conclusion that the ownership of the farm is the same as the garage. The owner changes depending on the current storyline.

When Dom was given a share of the garage Cain and Charity were the shareholders with Debbie but when Debbie threatened to sack Cain it was her garage.

And if you add Scott Windsor into the mix it becomes even more confusing.