Major XFactor USA Cock Up, contestants have to sing again

SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
Forum Member
There was a major cock up on yesterday's first live episode of XFactor USA... The voting numbers at the end of the show were wrong for every contestant.

As a result, in tonight's results show, every contestant has to sing once again [with a new song] with voting lines opening once again.

Cowell has apologised to fans on twitter for this major cock up.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Just like the show wasn't already a mess.....
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Lord.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Translation: They weren't getting the result they wanted. :D
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    wasn't the first live episode , it was the second ;)

cant help but think this is something to create drama tho , imagine how many conspiracy theories there would be on here if something like this happened on the UK show
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Sort of sums up XFUS tbh - a big mess
  • supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omg lmao just another sign of a fast sinking ship!
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great publicity, plus, voting is free in the US (they are not allowed to charge money for phone votes by law) so not the nightmare it would have been here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many will tune in to see what happens? Very, very clever Mr Cowell!
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a hot mess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FYI, this happened once before:

American Idol Season 4.. Top 11 in 2005... Two contestants' numbers were mixed up. The next night they just played back recording of the performances, and then the judges gave their feedback all over again.

Was memorable for me b/c that was the week Carrie Underwood sang "Alone" and Simon predicted "not only will you win this show but you will sell more records than any other previous Idol winner".... well, the following night, the other judges Paula and Randy were asked to respond after they played back the performance, and they got all excited saying it was too early to say such things and unfair to the other contestants.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lmao XF US live shows are such a ridiculous mess :p
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear me!! I guess Simon will have to scrap the show and come back to the UK
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Oh dear...
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Wow that's a cock up. Can't complain though. I missed it last night, and I actually enjoy listening to the contestants on the US version so now I get to hear them sing (Presumably at their best since they're doing their save me songs :))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ablahh wrote: »
    FYI, this happened once before:

American Idol Season 4.. Top 11 in 2005... Two contestants' numbers were mixed up. The next night they just played back recording of the performances, and then the judges gave their feedback all over again.

Was memorable for me b/c that was the week Carrie Underwood sang "Alone" and Simon predicted "not only will you win this show but you will sell more records than any other previous Idol winner".... well, the following night, the other judges Paula and Randy were asked to respond after they played back the performance, and they got all excited saying it was too early to say such things and unfair to the other contestants.

Also memorable because Fox allegedly created the whole thing so the re-vote show could go longer and cause Point Pleasant to not air which was a show Fox was trying to cancel ASAP. After PP wasn't aired

I loved it and was upset to hear from the PP writers and producers when the DVD came out that this was basically the case. Total bull.

So thus whenever cases like this happen I call BS immediately. It just doesn't make sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Probably for publicity but I dont mind hearing them sing again I like the contestants anyway its like 2 live shows in one week win win for me of course
  • vanillalimevanillalime Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Translation: They weren't getting the result they wanted. :D

If you look at the show's ratings, it's more likely that no one was voting at all, for anyone.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    IIRC something similar has happened on the US version before too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Turn it into Hunger Games/Jigsaw

"Here are the voting numbers...but here's a twist, you won't know who you're voting for...until you ring, let the games begin,"