Options

HumaxFreesat Freetime 1TB

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
Forum Member
I have just purchased the 1TB Humax Freetime sat box. Love the product but disappointed that the remote is not a universal one like my old Humax Freesat box. Any suggestions in getting a specific remote to operate the new box and a LG lcd tv.

Comments

• Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,626
    Forum Member
    Does not the old Freesat remote operate their new Freetime box?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    No unfortunately not
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,626
    Forum Member
    I use a Harmony 555 as my one remote to rule them all but that is no longer available. The Harmony 300 is a popular choice and comparatively inexpensive.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deznottsuk wrote: »
    No unfortunately not

Every remote made for Humax Freeview/Freesat boxes will control any box made since the Foxsat-hdr (2008). You can also change the ir channel (1-6) so you can use up to 6 remotes in the same room with no clashes.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No unfortunately not

Mine does and so does Grahams - be careful if you have previously changed the remote "channel?"
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just purchased the 1TB Humax Freetime sat box. Love the product but disappointed that the remote is not a universal one like my old Humax Freesat box. Any suggestions in getting a specific remote to operate the new box and a LG lcd tv.
    The remote that came with my new HB 1000S can control my tv. In fact there's a long list of codes at the back of the manual to program it.

Doesn't the higher end HDR 1000S units remote have that capability?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    The remote that came with my new HB 1000S can control my tv. In fact there's a long list of codes at the back of the manual to program it.

Doesn't the higher end HDR 1000S units remote have that capability?

No the HDR1000s comes with a single device multi ir channel capability.

I guess Humax got fed up of fielding calls from punters that said there remote control had failed when they had accidentally pushed one of the white device keys. There are four white buttons on the earlier remotes (PVR TV DVD AUDIO), these remotes will control the HDR1000/1010S with the PVR control button activated.

Does your HB1000S remote actually control the TV, or just reassign the volume control functions from the box to the TV (Volume punchthrough) ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The HB 1000S remote has a dedicated 'TV' button at the top and a list of codes in the manual.

I've managed to find one code that controls nearly all the functions of the tv from the Humax remote, which is very handy.

Hard to believe that functionality isn't available on the more expensive unit.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does your HB1000S remote actually control the TV, or just reassign the volume control functions from the box to the TV (Volume punchthrough) ?
    I think it is fully functional - While I have not tried much - the TV can be put in standby and brought out of it.

The TV and (from Memory) PVR keys have background LEDs to show what device is selected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The HB 1000S remote has a dedicated 'TV' button at the top and a list of codes in the manual.

I've managed to find one code that controls nearly all the functions of the tv from the Humax remote, which is very handy.

Hard to believe that functionality isn't available on the more expensive unit.

Humax may well eventually include the newer remote in new purchases of the HDR1000s. I think early buyers of the HB1000S didn't get this remote either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The HB 1000S hasn't been out all that long and I'd consider myself a fairly early adopter, so if they changed the remote they must have done it very quickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The HB 1000S hasn't been out all that long and I'd consider myself a fairly early adopter, so if they changed the remote they must have done it very quickly.

I could easily be wrong, just think I saw a post from a new purchaser asking if the remote was multifunction. Replies indicated no device buttons so I assumed the remote was the same as the HDR100xx models.

Had a look round to see if I could spot anything, problem is any early photos don't have enough detail as the old remote has a redundant button marked AV where the TV one is on yours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be a case of people just assuming that the HDR and HB remotes would be the same, (which would be a natural assumption given the box similarities) so saying that there's no tv control functionality on them.

Interesting that if you look at this review from joinfreesat on 27th Sept http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/review-humax-hb-1000s-freesat-hd-receiver/ the remote in the large picture seems to be a stock image of the old style one, but the first photo showing the box contents on the floor shows the newer remote with the two function buttons at the top for STB and TV.

That's the same as I have with my HB1000S :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be a case of people just assuming that the HDR and HB remotes would be the same, (which would be a natural assumption given the box similarities) so saying that there's no tv control functionality on them.

Interesting that if you look at this review from joinfreesat on 27th Sept http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/review-humax-hb-1000s-freesat-hd-receiver/ the remote in the large picture seems to be a stock image of the old style one, but the first photo showing the box contents on the floor shows the newer remote with the two function buttons at the top for STB and TV.

That's the same as I have with my HB1000S :)

Interesting just looked at my HDR1000S remote the button is marked TV/AV but is doesn't appear to have any function. I can't find a model number on it. One for Reppasac, can you set up the original HDR1000s to work the HB1000s and use the apparently redundant button to control the TV ?

EDIT

Daft question where the PVR button would be has a mute button, does the HB1000S have a mute button somewhere else ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mute button on the HB1000S remote is on the second row down in the middle, between Recordings and Text buttons.

The top row is STB, TV and Power. The STB and TV buttons flash red when pressed. The settings menu is accessed via the Home button in the middle of the remote.

Here's a pic of my HB1000S remote, which may be useful. :)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14wf4pi&s=5#.UsGqxLRIq70
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mute button on the HB1000S remote is on the second row down in the middle, between Recordings and Text buttons.

The top row is STB, TV and Power. The STB and TV buttons flash red when pressed. The settings menu is accessed via the Home button in the middle of the remote.

Here's a pic of my HB1000S remote, which may be useful. :)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14wf4pi&s=5#.UsGqxLRIq70

Interesting, there are quite a few differences.

Yours first

STB is Mute
    PVR is TV/AV
    Mute is Settings
    Text is Search
    Search is Home
    Info is Text

If you had both boxes could be fun and games :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I am a little lost on this one - planned to purchase the HDR-1010S but want basic functionality with the remote able to control TV volume etc.,

Lots of posts out there saying there is a 'TV' button on the remote but there also seems to be some posts saying that the function does not work. Another post above saying that there may be a different remote with newer boxes that does have the option?

I called Humax and their Technical Services team said 'the button does not work yet' but wouldn't give anything in terms of when it may be enabled. I have just written to them to at least lodge a message that the function should be available on their high-end model - it is available on my 4-year old Foxsat!

Anyone else have the definitive here - does the TV button work on the HDR-1010S at all?

Thanks!
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    michaelm wrote: »
    I am a little lost on this one - planned to purchase the HDR-1010S but want basic functionality with the remote able to control TV volume etc.,

Lots of posts out there saying there is a 'TV' button on the remote but there also seems to be some posts saying that the function does not work. Another post above saying that there may be a different remote with newer boxes that does have the option?

I called Humax and their Technical Services team said 'the button does not work yet' but wouldn't give anything in terms of when it may be enabled. I have just written to them to at least lodge a message that the function should be available on their high-end model - it is available on my 4-year old Foxsat!

Anyone else have the definitive here - does the TV button work on the HDR-1010S at all?

Thanks!

No there is no button that controls the tv.
    Best advice is to get a One For Remote that has a learning feature which is far superior than the original remote as then that way you'll only need the one remote for everything that requires a remote.
  • Options
    carvellcarvell Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to get a fancy Logitech remote, but I got this in the end:
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/tv-accessories/remote-controls/one-for-all-urc-7140-essence-universal-remote-control-07737494-pdt.html

It's great, it'll control anything as it has a learning function. You can also have common 'volume' controls, so you always control your tv (or amplifier) volume regardless of what mode you're in.

It does 'macro' functions too, I have mine set to press 'schedule' then 'red' when I press the 'guide' button for my HDR. You'll need to google to work out the macro function, the manual doesn't mention it but it works perfectly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys - no response from Humax as yet. What a weird decision to use a restricted remote for the 'high-end' product.

Some suggest using the old remote from the previous gen boxes - may give this a go...