Things can only get better

:(

Comments

• Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why so glum?

You've played two of last season's top 5 and taken one point from those games, which as a newly promoted club seems fair enough to me.
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mate, we lost 9 of the first 10 last season and still finished 11th so I wouldn't worry at this stage.
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I expected us to be in the bottom three after our first 5 games.

Second half against Everton we got a grip. Today the performance was a lot better than the result indicated. We had our chances but just couldn't put them away.

Looking forward to Arsenal next week.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you the same guy who pessimistically claimed Leicester wouldn't get promoted despite having an enormous lead with only a handful of games to go?

God forbid that a promoted team lose at Stamford Bridge, what an upset!
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester have never had a really sustained stay in the top flight. So i am not expecting anything else from this season but relegation come may. Not being a pessimist but a realist
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least you are up.

You should try supporting Millwall.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member

Ridiculous, Leicester have had a very hard 2 games to start and should be happy with a point. They have been pretty widely praised for how well they've done from what I've seen so why you're being so negative unless you're joking I can't comprehend.:confused:

I would expect Swansea to get 0 points in those two fixtures, but anyone will tell you it's not the games against the big teams that define where the bottom half finish - out of 32 points avaialable against the top 6 last season we got 2 points, if you still haven't won a match come December feel free to come back here all doom and gloom, but doing it now is silly.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a tough start, I wouldn't worry. They did pretty well actually, you should be happy that even the top teams are not getting an easy win.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member

I always find that starting a thread on DS is the best way to show how quiet I'm keeping.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    I always find that starting a thread on DS is the best way to show how quiet I'm keeping.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How many points did you expect from those games? :confused:

There's not many teams in the league who will get more than a point from Everton at home and Chelsea away
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've got Arsenal next so the poor guy could be suicidal by next weekend :D

Seriously though, I would be trusting Pearson. I think he's first rate - he'll see you alright.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    They've got Arsenal next so the poor guy could be suicidal by next weekend :D

Seriously though, I would be trusting Pearson. I think he's first rate - he'll see you alright.

Wouldn't put money on it but I could see them getting a point in that game.

I can only the echo the sentiments of everyone else, Leicester fans have no reason to be glum (yet).
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this delusion or entitlement? I'm keeping quiet.
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not all Leicester fans are glum, depressed or anything else negative. Some are encouraged by the start we've made and believe there is more to come from the team.

You'd think after 10 years away people might try and enjoy this season but each to their own.
  • Options
    HarryNelson1805HarryNelson1805 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    This thread reminds me of the kid at school who was really good at art but would say, "oh my pictures rubbish", so everyone else would crowd around and say how good it was.

Get a grip ffs, I don't know what's more pathetic, you genuinely believing you've had a bad start or seeking comfort on message boards because you've lost to the probable champions elect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester City arent really a top flight side As has been shown throughout the years they have yo yoed between the top two divisions. Though it snap and they did go down to division 3 within ten years of them being relegated. Me thinks It is going to be a long hard season
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,077
    Forum Member
    Think Leciester have done well in the 2 games so far.

Better than QPR for example.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    No addition to the thread since your League Cup exit last night OP?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think retention of top flight status pre empts cup runs for leicester city. What is a pain in the backside is the stop start to the fixtures. No game til mid sept after sunday. Why cant football be like rugby union where the teams just have to get on with it while the england national rugby team is competing.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can I join you? I got a ribbing at work after we lost 4-0 to Milton Keynes last night.
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    I think retention of top flight status pre empts cup runs for leicester city. What is a pain in the backside is the stop start to the fixtures. No game til mid sept after sunday. Why cant football be like rugby union where the teams just have to get on with it while the england national rugby team is competing.

Yes that would help Leicester City - I imagine you have fewer international players than most other top division sides.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Leicester aren't competing with the top half of the league this season, the competition is with the clubs who'll finish in positions 12-20. We still have to play the big guns though but with an expectation of getting nothing out of those matches; any point, like the one v Everton, is a bonus.

That said the performance in the first two matches gives grounds for optimism so once these first few tough fixtures are out of the way and we get on to the weaker beatable teams like Stoke, Palace, man u, the baggies etc, it's safe to expect the points tally to increase. And the hard start to the first & second halves of the season means an easier run-in. I fancy a low-teens finish, 14th or 13th.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Ps - playing league fixtures at the same time as internationals would see a huge leap in the number of players 'unavailable for international selection due to injury', those injuries that always happen to players like Rooney, Giggs, Lampard etc in the last few minutes of the last game before an international break and always just need the corresponding 5-7 days rest to clear up.
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    Leicester aren't competing with the top half of the league this season, the competition is with the clubs who'll finish in positions 12-20. We still have to play the big guns though but with an expectation of getting nothing out of those matches; any point, like the one v Everton, is a bonus.

That said the performance in the first two matches gives grounds for optimism so once these first few tough fixtures are out of the way and we get on to the weaker beatable teams like Stoke, Palace, man u, the baggies etc, it's safe to expect the points tally to increase. And the hard start to the first & second halves of the season means an easier run-in. I fancy a low-teens finish, 14th or 13th.

^ This, bit of a setback against Shrewsbury as I thought a win would boost our confidence.

If we picked up a point this Sunday I would be ecstatic.