Options

League Cup MK DONS 3-0 MAN Utd

BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think this has to go down as one of the biggest cup upsets in recent times. not just the score line but the match over all MK Dons where by miles the better side. Man Utd have had just one goal on target all night.

Okay it is not a full Man UTD squad but their are first team players with de gea, evans, anderson, kagawa, hernandez and england international welbeck.

The problem is Van Gaals tactics they just do not get it. Not even the basic idea of playing the formation he wants. They are being pulled apart all over the pitch. Full credit to MK Dons but this has to be a wake up call to stop with these tactics until they get more time to train with the system.

01 de Gea
38 Keane
41 James Booked
06 Evans
36 Vermijl
28 Anderson
37 Janko (Pereira - 45' )
22 Powell (Wilson - 57' )
26 Kagawa (Januzaj - 20' )
14 Hernández
19 Welbeck

MK DONS Team

01 Martin
05 McFadzean
06 Kay Booked
03 Lewington
18 Baldock
09 Bowditch (Powell - 56' )
10 Reeves
22 Carruthers (Green - 61' )
14 Alli
08 Potter
11 Grigg (Afobe - 68' )

Full credit to goal scorers Grigg and Afobe.

Comments

• Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wish it was 3-0
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4-0, get it right :D
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    You should edit that title.

If this topic was necessary, couldn't you have waited until it finishes before starting this?
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was ANY other team doing this to Man U I would be loving it but Franchise MK winning gives me no pleasure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    You should edit that title.

If this topic was necessary, couldn't you have waited until it finishes before starting this?

Yes to be fair i never expected 4 !!!! OMG !!!!! I think i will keep the title as it shows what a shock this is !!!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't normally like to get involved in these threads as they're usually just designed to bait United fans, but I suppose with this scoreline, the obvious question is was moyes really the problem ?

are the problems with the personnel a lot deeper ?

was it a case of fergie's continued success papering over obvious cracks ?
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    4 now :o
    Welbeck 12 million., if I.was van gaal I snap Steve Bruce hand off at that price ;-)
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to be a long hard season for United fans.
  • Options
    simonl87simonl87 Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play to MK Dons they played very well tonight. I'm surprised with no Europe Man U didn't take the competition more seriously.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Dear me, a few games into the season and we're getting threads like this, which is clearly designed to bait the Utd fans on here - just embarrassing.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    Dear me, a few games into the season and we're getting threads like this, which is clearly designed to bait the Utd fans on here - just embarrassing.

United have just lost 4-0 to League One MK Dons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't normally like to get involved in these threads as they're usually just designed to bait United fans, but I suppose with this scoreline, the obvious question is was moyes really the problem ?

Sorry if it was seen to bait united fan that was certainly not my purpose. I was following the saints game with an eye on this one and at 3-0 i just could not believe the result. It is such a big shock I certainly did not give MK Dons enough credit they where outstanding on the night.

I think their are two issues in this case. I think Fergie added something to the team which lifted the players to another level that managers coming in have the build it is never instance fix. I think moyes took a lot of stick and perhaps rightly but clearly the players are just not performing. even with this squad they should be doing enough to beat MK Dons, Swansea and Sunderland it is not Man City or Chelsea.

I just think Van Gaal has got the tactics wrong. He is trying to play the dutch national team style and these players dont get it. It is a shock because pre-season they played it well but in matches that matter it is hopeless. I think one big step is to find a captain to drag the squad into shape. Sorry but Rooney is a good player and leads by example but not the sort of leader they need right now.
  • Options
    denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its disgraceful for a team like Utd to lose to a league one team like that, even if it was their B team. Terrible performance, Van Gaal not impressing at all. Don't think Di Maria will solve their problems fully either. Top 4 is it likely? I dont think so.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Jason C wrote: »
    United have just lost 4-0 to League One MK Dons.

Yep, hardly their first XI is it - get a grip.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Entirely fair to start this thread, it's silly to dismiss it as baiting United fans. It's a seismic result which deserves a thread.
  • Options
    crakecrake Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Van Gaal is a tactical genius.
  • Options
    simonl87simonl87 Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »
    Sorry if it was seen to bait united fan that was certainly not my purpose. I was following the saints game with an eye on this one and at 3-0 i just could not believe the result. It is such a big shock I certainly did not give MK Dons enough credit they where outstanding on the night.

I think their are two issues in this case. I think Fergie added something to the team which lifted the players to another level that managers coming in have the build it is never instance fix. I think moyes took a lot of stick and perhaps rightly but clearly the players are just not performing. even with this squad they should be doing enough to beat MK Dons, Swansea and Sunderland it is not Man City or Chelsea.

I just think Van Gaal has got the tactics wrong. He is trying to play the dutch national team style and these players dont get it. It is a shock because pre-season they played it well but in matches that matter it is hopeless. I think one big step is to find a captain to drag the squad into shape. Sorry but Rooney is a good player and leads by example but not the sort of leader they need right now.

Nothing wrong with the thread. Someone questioned Van Gaal in the Man United thread and got told to get lost by two posters. they obvioulsy don't want non fans in there.
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    Now that was fun.
  • Options
    crakecrake Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fair point. It would probably only have been 2-0 against their first team. :)
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member

Did you see who actually played in this game?
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem with the thread at all. It shows that despite us now being officially crap, we still matter.

Hated. Adored. Never Ignored.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch the game as I assumed it would end up as a routine United win. I was surprised to say the least when I checked the score and it was 3-0.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    Entirely fair to start this thread, it's silly to dismiss it as baiting United fans. It's a seismic result which deserves a thread.

Yes and if you went in their thread and said stuff they'd bite your head off. If Man U fans don't like the thread they can stay out of it!!
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course, but even a virtual Man Utd reserve team should not capitulate as easily as that to a team two divisions below them.

Furthermore, when you consider how many up-and-coming youth players were in tonight's Utd line-up, you can't help but wonder whether tonight offers some sort of glimpse into what could lie ahead at Old Trafford in the years to come.

Have to agree with what Bosox said earlier, though, that the victory loses a touch of gloss by the fact that it's been secured by a club as dubious as MK Dons - with an owner as dreadful as Pete Winkleman, who Sky have just shown giving a grandstanding speech to his players in the dressing room with several press photographers snapping behind him.
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder how long it will take before the "what have i done" di maria memes to pop up.