CS: Tracy Barlow has improved so much

MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
Forum Member
It's hard to believe that she was this cold, one dimensional character not so long ago.

Now, she's warmer and funnier. She's one of my faves now.

Comments

• boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed seeing her more compassionate side tonight.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, if she were an old lady she'd be just like Blanche. I enjoy watching her, she's pantomime and I love it!
  • HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    It's hard to believe that she was this cold, one dimensional character not so long ago.

You are joking I presume Mr James...

The best thing about Monday's ep was when Tracy got a phone alert about the For Richer For Poorer catwalk :D - which she left her dying brother's bedside for :D:D and returned with about 5 designer dress bags :D:D:D
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's time she softened
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the only character worth watching for these days
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is still a cold blooded murderer who should be serving the remainder of her sentence. Give it time and she will be back to making stupid snide remarks, she never changes.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always like Tracy, and she's always been funny and had a lot of one liners. But recently she has become more compassionate to her family
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand her. Both the actress and the character.

A lousy actress playing a lousy unlikeable over the top character.

Please have her run over by a large lorry!
    The character, that is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »

I've always liked Tracyluv. But then, I like the evil ones
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QueenAmy wrote: »
    She's the only character worth watching for these days

Which, considering that she's a murderer, liar, cheat, thief and tart, is rather worrying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's being written more consistently, with the writers making her closer to Deirdre and Blanche in her general approach (and one-liners). She's also shown a more caring side, which seems to be playing to the actress's strengths. She and Deirdre now get most of the good one-liners (along with David).
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always like her and I think the actress is actually ok, granted not the best but not as bad people make her out to be. Tracy is one of the best characters in Corrie atm, compassionate, funny and not a complete misery.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always liked Tracyluv and contrary to what a lot of people say I think she is a very good actress she excels in comedy and the bitchiness though it is nice to see her more caring side and I hope the writers keep this going.....
  • MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great to see more dimensions to Tracy's personality, and I love her relationship with Deirdre. Her bitchy comments still make me laugh, and it looks like Amy is another Tracy in the making,. since she got away from Michelle.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Tracey compassionate? You must be joking!!!

She and Rob did Peter no favours when they negotiated toe lease on his bookies shop.

She's nasty to just about everyone in the street.

She's brought her daughter up to be a liar and believes her over everyone else.

She took dodgy goods from Tony behind Rob's back for the shop.

She went to a fashion show and is more concerned about her wedding than she is about her brother at death's door.

And that's just the things that immediately come to mind.
  • HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely J43! Is it just us? Where's all this love for Compassionate Tracy coming from? Sure, the writers might throw her the odd nice gesture once in a while, just to change the record - but she's the most gloriously self-centred, scheming, emotionally retarded character on the Street. And I wouldn't have it any other way :D
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's hilarious. Gutted that Rob will eventually have to leave as they make such a good pair. Compassionate Tracy is OK but keep it in small doses please. I like my Tracyluv evil!
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Tracey compassionate? You must be joking!!!

She and Rob did Peter no favours when they negotiated toe lease on his bookies shop.

She's nasty to just about everyone in the street.

She's brought her daughter up to be a liar and believes her over everyone else.

She took dodgy goods from Tony behind Rob's back for the shop.

She went to a fashion show and is more concerned about her wedding than she is about her brother at death's door.

And that's just the things that immediately come to mind.

Yep. Nothing against people liking her, but if they think one brief nice gesture is her softening up or being a great character it is no surprise why the writers churn out such rubbish.

Apparently soon she tells Deirdre
    to put down Eccles when her obnoxious brat makes up a lie the dog bit her.
    Wow, isn't she so likeable. Terrible mother, a user, sociopath, liar and killer.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    OldEnough wrote: »
    I've always liked Tracyluv. But then, I like the evil ones

I am totally the same :D
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been much better since being paired with Rob.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand her, and her daughter is even worse!
  • johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I don't have a problem with either the character or the actress.

As an actress she is much more accomplished than the 'actors' who play themselves as Fizz, Katy or Maria and has brilliant comic timing. As a character, she is certainly not someone I would want as a friend, but a street full of Marias would be pretty dull to watch.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Tracy's always one snide comment away from being her smutty self.

That said, I welcome her forthrightness at times.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    She has been much better since being paired with Rob.

Yes she has been better with Rob they do work well together, I have actually preferred Rob too since he got with Tracey, the thing is though is that I still cannot forgive her for murdering Charlie >:(
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll kind of feel sorry for her when Rob leaves as she genuinely seems to really love him. And I have liked Tracey a lot more since she's been paired with Rob. They suite each other very well. I wish Rob wasn't the murderer. Then he could of stayed.