[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
Forum Member
✭✭
Best actor : Danny Dyer

Bests actress Lindsey Coulson

Best newcomer : Kirsty Leigh Porter

Best Storyline : Hayley's Cancer

Best Soap : Eastenders

I thought Ross from ED should have won best newcomer.

Comments

• Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Delighted that EastEnders won best soap! The comeback is on!

And Lindsey Coulson as well! Wow. What a night!
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny Dyer winning best actor *shakes head*
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Sam or Maddy had got Best Newcomer, but I'm really happy for Danny, Lindsey and EE getting best soap. Very much deserved.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big congrats to EE especially from me :)

Danny's going to be happy :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow amazing night for EE, looks like it's game on from now on.

So happy for Lindsey Coulson, deserved win.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

lol. as much as I like danny in eastenders he's not the strongest but he is likeable imo. adam wodyatt should have won though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Wow amazing night for EE, looks like it's game on from now on.

So happy for Lindsey Coulson, deserved win.

Emmerdale coming away with nothing though I do think Ross should have won best newcomer he would have been a deserved winner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol. as much as I like danny in eastenders he's not the strongest but he is likeable imo. adam wodyatt should have won though

but it's not a likeable award, there are much much stronger actors in the other soaps AND, I want this on record so nobody thinks I'm bad mouthing it, EE. On the plus side maybe he'll win a couple of these things and think his sh*t doesn't stink and leave soon rather than later and I can watch more of the show.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Best actor : Danny Dyer

Bests actress Lindsey Coulson

Best newcomer : Kirsty Leigh Porter

Best Storyline : Hayley's Cancer

Best Soap : Eastenders

I thought Ross from ED should have won best newcomer.

Who's Kirsty Leigh Porter?
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Cool! Good for EE!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale coming away with nothing though I do think Ross should have won best newcomer he would have been a deserved winner.

I agree with you there, Michael Parr has been brilliant, I think Hollyoaks has a bigger online presence if it was public vote that is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »

She plays Leela in Hollyoaks, has also been in Corrie and Emmerdale.
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »

When I see posts like this it makes me wonder if there are people out there who are yet to discover the existence of google :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you there, Michael Parr has been brilliant, I think Hollyoaks has a bigger online presence if it was public vote that is.

It was a public vote I just hope he wins something.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member

Cheers. Don't watch Hollyoaks so that's why I didn't recognise the name.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Michael Parr (Ross Barton in Emmerdale) should have won Best newcomer.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

Ah come on, it takes great skill squinting your eyes and staring out of the window swaythed in melancholy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    but it's not a likeable award, there are much much stronger actors in the other soaps AND, I want this on record so nobody thinks I'm bad mouthing it, EE. On the plus side maybe he'll win a couple of these things and think his sh*t doesn't stink and leave soon rather than later and I can watch more of the show.

I agree with you re not being a likeable award. However I hope he doesn't leave. I know you're not bad mouthing Ee pat. obviously we all have different tastes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

new comer eh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agree with you, I hope he's up for best actor next year hopefully he might win that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Ah come on, it takes great skill squinting your eyes and staring out of the window swaythed in melancholy :D

Is that what the award was based on because then I'm sorry Mr Dyer, I take it all back. :D
    I agree with you re not being a likeable award. However I hope he doesn't leave. I know you're not bad mouthing Ee pat. obviously we all have different tastes!

That's cool, I'm glad you like him and have engaged with the character. I haven't but maybe the rape storyline will change my mind. No be fair Pat, he is commited to his job. I mean look...even on a night out he is still in character, acting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that what the award was based on because then I'm sorry Mr Dyer, I take it all back. :D

That's cool, I'm glad you like him and have engaged with the character. I haven't but maybe the rape storyline will change my mind.

I couldn't stand him before eastenders tbh. I just engaged with his character. saying that I'm sure he'll be surprised at beating out adam wodyatt etc. Not sure who the other nominees were but I am glad Lindsey won. She's been great.

loving Emmerdale at the moment too though so it's a shame about Ross not winning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't stand him before eastenders tbh. I just engaged with his character. saying that I'm sure he'll be surprised at beating out adam wodyatt etc. Not sure who the other nominees were but I am glad Lindsey won. She's been great.

loving Emmerdale at the moment too though so it's a shame about Ross not winning

The other people were Roy from CS and Ste from HO
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the Awards that doesn't air on tv?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's totally myself, I can't see past Danny Dyer and see the character of Mick and for me his media personality of Danny Dyer (I say that because he's probably different) is completely off putting.

Yeah ED is great, it's a genuine sadness that they never win as much as they should but it's still good despite that and that's fine. I think the bigger two need that gratification, the two underdogs don't need it as much.