Yodel delivered to wrong address

CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've waited all day for a Yodel delivery for something I bought from an outlet store on Ebay. I paid via Paypal. Still nothing by 8pm, so as my house can be hard to find I rang the driver to see if he was having a problem. The signal broke up, so I left a message on his answerphone which he didn't reply to. I just checked the status page on Yodel and it's showing as delivered, and even shows the initials of whoever signed for it.

Unsurprisingly I am extremely pissed off. Before I start raising hell on the phone tomorrow I want to know where I stand. What recourse do I have in the event of a delivery to the wrong address? What happens if the person refuses to return it to the courier?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just start a claim on Ebay. The delivery has nothing to do with you. It's up to the supplier of goods to ensure delivery.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that a Yodel courier claims that he has delivered your item doesn't necessarily mean that he's done so. On several occasions the Yodel tracking information has shown that a package has been delivered to me when it hasn't and that I've signed for it when I haven't. Curiously, what then usually happens is that the item is delivered on the following day and I'm not asked to sign for it.

Conclusion: when Yodel couriers get behind with their deliveries, they lie and forge signatures.

It may be that your package has been delivered to the wrong address, but equally it may not have been delivered anywhere at all and it'll turn up tomorrow.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've managed to find out who the driver is, so either way there's going to be some interesting conversations tomorrow. Hopefully he just did as you suggested, Sigurd. If he didn't, he's going to have to tell me where it went.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did you get the drivers identity and phone number? Could be useful info for future reference...
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,426
    Forum Member
    Yodel delivered my amazon parcel to the wrong address, luckily the guy brought it round to me. Yodel are ridiculous, wish companies would stop using them
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    babinaba wrote: »
    Yodel delivered my amazon parcel to the wrong address, luckily the guy brought it round to me. Yodel are ridiculous, wish companies would stop using them

If your going to have to use yodel through amazon not giving you a choice of courier, there is delivery option on amazon, and your item is delivered on time

Amazon have a collect + for parcels. so your parcel is dropped of at a shop near you, and all you need to do, is go to the shop and collect the parcel

Most of these shops are open 7am - 10pm, and my local collection point is in costcutters, and last week, I had a set of slendertone shorts sent there

On speaking to the owner of the shop, he tells me yodel never miss a delivery, so if its next day, it will be at the shop the next day, as it seems yodel can afford to mess this up, as it is a big comtract for them
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    How did you get the drivers identity and phone number? Could be useful info for future reference...

Yodel gave me his first name and mobile number, I found the rest myself.
  • FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    Yodel gave me his first name and mobile number, I found the rest myself.

:eek:

Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SXsCkKuvOU

Just imagine you saying this to the Yodel driver. :D
  • beaglemumbeaglemum Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Yodel tracking is worthless in my experience. Ive had parcels delivered to another address according to the tracking then its been returned to the depot! Ive a great screenshot of their tracking but cant for the life of me upload it onto here for some reason. I stayed in solid for 5 days and they still alleged they'd delivered it/returned it to depot/delivered it to someone else & had a signature...all lies.

I dont shop at Amazon because they use Yodel. Ended up getting compo from Amazon because of Yodel's mess up.