Options

Exercise - Do you do it because you should, or because you enjoy it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    I hate exercise, but I like how my body looks when I do it so I endure it. I don't really trust people who claim to "love" it tbh...

People might love the feeling of pushing ones body to the limits

Just like some people love siting around not doing very much at all, which technically isn't a natural thing for our bodies to be doing.

Personally I love exercise, not everyone experiences it I know but I feel so great afterwards it's like a drug.

There's days where I can't be bothered admittedly, not often mind, but every single time as soon as I get going, I'm in the zone, and feel fantastic afterwards.
  • Options
    whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I really like exercise, but once I am in a routine I don't find it a chore. I do however feel so much better for it that this motivates me to keep going.

As you get older I think exercise and keeping in reasonable shape make you feel better about yourself and gives you a more positive outlook for the future. It has certainly helped me overcome periods of anxiety and depression and kept those feeling away.
  • Options
    AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    A mixture of both. I don't like warming up because it always feels tough but once you get into it you love it and there's no feeling quite like having finished a workout. There's days when I really don't want to though and some days I don't but I have never regretted doing a workout once I've gotten into it.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I have recently got back into swimming, not for weight loss, but it helps my wellbeing, just as Pumping Iron put it 100 lengths twice a week at moderate pace is fantastic and i can focus on my thoughts etc.

finally my flu and chest has cleared so back at it on wednesday!
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit of both, I joined the gym because I needed to get fitter and healthier and started the running because I fancied a new challenge.

I would love to go swimming more than I do but it's finding the time.
  • Options
    coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love exercising. :o I go about 5 times a week and mix it up with classes, cardio machines and weight training. Am really into body combat at the moment, it's a real stress reliever :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Can't stand the gym. I don't like exercising with other people, never have. I do exercise 5 times a week though. I use body weight exercises. You don't need gym equipment to say fit and lean. I hate the build up to doing it, but when it's done I feel fantastic. Better than an orgasm (almost).
  • Options
    CrimsonmonCrimsonmon Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    I hate exercise, but I like how my body looks when I do it so I endure it. I don't really trust people who claim to "love" it tbh...

If your body doesn't produce endorphins when you exercise there's probably something wrong.