The University of Liverpool - reputation?

Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
Forum Member
What is the overall reputation of the University of Liverpool. Have any forum members studied there or know somebody who has studied there?

Comments

• Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    It's got a pretty good reputation, although I never went there personally. I know several people who studied there, lots who've gone on to do PHDs etc. Plus I love the city :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why ask the idiot's on here when you have Google? ;-)

Click on the subject and see where they rank.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    Why ask the idiot's on here when you have Google? ;-)

Click on the subject and see where they rank.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

I take university league tables with a pinch of salt as they are heavily based on staff research rather than students academic performance or the reputation of the university.
  • Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    I take university league tables with a pinch of salt as they are heavily based on staff research rather than students academic performance or the reputation of the university.

A rather strange view, staff research is important in terms of the work that students can get involved in, including funding and equipment. I considered several unis when it came to my PhD, but I went where the research was solid, well circulated, peer established and most credible.

If your just talking undergrad, head to student rooms, there is usually a lot first-hand accounts from current and recent graduates.

I'm also sure, a quick Google search will give you student satisfaction survey results.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    Why ask the idiot's on here when you have Google?
    some of dese idiots can spell, can't dey dough
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone who went there, he loved it.
  • anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Uni. Russell Group. Good medical school - probably the best outside London or Cambridge.