Where Was Susan Boyle?

Maybe I missed something but I was amazed that Susan Boyle did not appear on last night's final of BGT.

Thought it was a good show last night and despite the numerous commercial breaks moved at a good pace. Be interesting to see if the ratings are better than last year.

Comments

• currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. Not even mentioned.
    Maybe she told Cowell where to go!
  • spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why should she have been, not as if she won last year, diversity should have been on:rolleyes:
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was at Bathgate Galaday yesterday :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    She's too big for Britains got Talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceman05 wrote: »
    why should she have been, not as if she won last year, diversity should have been on:rolleyes:

Ashley Banjo and Paul Potts were on - at least they won, more than Subo achieved.
  • BlueKantrellBlueKantrell Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Ashley Banjo and Paul Potts were on - at least they won, more than Subo achieved.

Yes, quite right, ian, Subo has really all but disappeared from view since crashing and burning last year on the venerable career launcher that is BGT.

I suppose there's the small matter of being the biggest selling recording artist in the world (I use artist in the broader sense as believe it or not, I'm not a Boyle fan) however, the fact remains, she is the most successful winner of a talent show ever - whether she can maintain that success is of course in the lap of the Gods.

But why split hairs, you're quite right, her achievements have been paltry, her success immaterial, she had no right to be there. And Simon Cowell doesn't get down on his knees and thank God for Susan Boyle every single night.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, quite right, ian, Subo has really all but disappeared from view since crashing and burning last year on the venerable career launcher that is BGT.

I suppose there's the small matter of being the biggest selling recording artist in the world (I use artist in the broader sense as believe it or not, I'm not a Boyle fan) however, the fact remains, she is the most successful winner of a talent show ever - whether she can maintain that success is of course in the lap of the Gods.

But why split hairs, you're quite right, her achievements have been paltry, her success immaterial, she had no right to be there. And Simon Cowell doesn't get down on his knees and thank God for Susan Boyle every single night.

Susan Boyle isn't 'the most successful winner of a talent show ever' because she didn't actually win! Diversity won. Susan came second.

Possibly Susan turned down the chance to appear. It's easy to forget that contestants do have lives (and in some cases busy careers) after BGT. If Susan really is as successful as you maintain, then it's highly likely that she had some other engagement to fulfil that day. Though I suppose it's easier to assume that she was snubbed rather than that she was just too busy to attend.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got an album out in November. She'll be on X Factor.
  • PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In bed with me
  • BlueKantrellBlueKantrell Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Susan Boyle isn't 'the most successful winner of a talent show ever' because she didn't actually win! Diversity won. Susan came second.

Possibly Susan turned down the chance to appear. It's easy to forget that contestants do have lives (and in some cases busy careers) after BGT. If Susan really is as successful as you maintain, then it's highly likely that she had some other engagement to fulfil that day. Though I suppose it's easier to assume that she was snubbed rather than that she was just too busy to attend.

Oh for the love of God you know what I meant. Okay, Susan Boyle is the most successful participant in a talent show ever, to date and whether she can maintain that success is in the lap of the Gods. And her psychiatrist.

There happy now M. Pedant's Corner?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good ole Susan sticking to traditional home-grown events over media hype. :)
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »

I didn't even think about her being on BGT since I think Cowell has officially promoted her to X Factor which is much more important for shifting singles/albums as this year showed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was practising for her role in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - The Musical'...who says art can't imitate life?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,917
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »

Cowell's ridiculously predictable, isn't he?:rolleyes: I expect JLS will be on too at some point.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes bigger then the show now!.. So she didnt need to be on it
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Cowell's ridiculously predictable, isn't he?:rolleyes: I expect JLS will be on too at some point.

Not just Cowell, the music industry is predictable in that regard (I suppose you could say all businesses are).

Big albums in the 4th quarter. That's why X Factor can always get good guests.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the fact remains, she is the most successful winner of a talent show ever

Her first single didn't do as well as Will Young's Evergreen! Or Gareth Gates' either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PeteJB wrote: »
    In bed with me

:eek::eek::D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did they have her in mock Stocks with Kids chucking pies at her for 50p a go ?

LOLOL
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Oh for the love of God you know what I meant. Okay, Susan Boyle is the most successful participant in a talent show ever, to date and whether she can maintain that success is in the lap of the Gods. And her psychiatrist.

There happy now M. Pedant's Corner?

Actually you are a little misinformed Terry Fator that won season 2 of Americas Got Talent is by a million miles the most sucessful participant in a talent show ever.

He is currently 2 years into a 5 year $100m deal with the Mirage hotel in Vagas with an option for a further 5 years for another $100m which puts SuBo to shame.

As for SuBo herself there are much better singers out there and had she shown up on show looking like Katherine Jenkins and not a bag lady would anyone have noticed?

Bárbara Padilla who finished runner up in AGT last year could sing SuBo under the table but has vanished without the Boyle hype machine behind her.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Okay, Susan Boyle is the most successful participant in a talent show ever, to date and whether she can maintain that success is in the lap of the Gods. And her psychiatrist.

LOL! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    All this hype over an average singer who behaves like a prima donna and who cannot be relied upon to appear on time.

While the lovely, talented, modest, level headed, polite and gracious Faryl quietly goes about learning the business of carving a career in music. Receiving plaudits from the highest in her profession and charming audiences up and down the country with her talent and easy manner. Nothing flashy, no headline grabbing crap. At the same time attending school, and when her singing requires her to be away from school, work and tutoring are arranged to keep her up to date. She is one of the very few true professional artists to be discovered on BGT. :)
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    SuBo hasn't disappeared! :) She's been touring the world (twice cancelled her gig in Toronto) and will be/is working on her second album. Truth is she doesn't need to show her face on British TV that much.
  • LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    back at her house hiding away!!

If i never see her on british tv again it will b too soon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael a wrote: »
    All this hype over an average singer who behaves like a prima donna and who cannot be relied upon to appear on time.

While the lovely, talented, modest, level headed, polite and gracious Faryl quietly goes about learning the business of carving a career in music. Receiving plaudits from the highest in her profession and charming audiences up and down the country with her talent and easy manner. Nothing flashy, no headline grabbing crap. At the same time attending school, and when her singing requires her to be away from school, work and tutoring are arranged to keep her up to date. She is one of the very few true professional artists to be discovered on BGT. :)

Could you please elaborate on this?

I have not read of such behaviour.

SuBo is preparing to record her new album this week so probably didn't want to do the final.