Options

Altiyan Childes - winner of OZ X Factor?

woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
Forum Member
✭✭
Judging by his last two performances is this guy going to walk away with the title - is he a True Rock Star?

U2's Beautiful Day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rIEJUAioQY

Bon Jovie's Living On A Prayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSGuOyDuHc

Comments

• Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's how a performance need to be done! truly amazing. It puts the UK Xfactor to shame.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't he go AWOL ? Ronan tweeted asking if anyone had seen him, he was missing. Don't get me started on xfactor oz they got usher, snoop dogg, Kelly Rowland and we get sinitta for judges houses.
  • Options
    casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    I was watching clips on utube yesterday.

Haven't been following it much, but girl group 'Mahogony' should of been in the finals and won. They were amazing. Lead singer looked like Beyonce. They reminded me of a new destinys child.
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should start getting this Aussie version on ITV2, they look fantastic singers and would put most of ours to shame to be brutally honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimmyangel wrote: »
    Didn't he go AWOL ? Ronan tweeted asking if anyone had seen him, he was missing. .

He eventually turned up ok. He spent the night sleeping in a cave on the beech:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    See, this is what happens when you don't have Cowell on the panel or creatively involved in the process... you get proper talent.
  • Options
    Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Him from Daybreak?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    casa_nova wrote: »
    I was watching clips on utube yesterday.

Haven't been following it much, but girl group 'Mahogony' should of been in the finals and won. They were amazing. Lead singer looked like Beyonce. They reminded me of a new destinys child.

Mahogany did make the finals and are still there. They're not great though, a bit wooden and boring for my liking.

Altiyan deservesthe win, he is definitely the finished package, although he is obviously having a tough time of it what with his disappearing act earlier this week.

Think it'll be between him and Sally but I'm backing Altiyan - he's really managed to turn it around after he was pretty much unanimously hated in Australia when he was put through to the top 12.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See, this is what happens when you don't have Cowell on the panel or creatively involved in the process... you get proper talent.

He has such a raw talent and if he'd have had any other judge/mentor he would not even have made it in the top 12. He constantly forgot his lyrics in the audition stage but, Ronan saw something in him that set him apart from the others. He gave him the chance to prove that he is a star - the belief that he has in him has given him the confidence to shine in the competition.
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is some great talent on the Australian one. I'm still annoyed about the exit before last.

Mahogany would probably go the way of all the other girl bands if they appeared on our version.
  • Options
    johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of a world do we live in, when an ex-footie presenter & now a host of morning TV can win an aussie version of X Factor! what next Eamom Holmes winning Belgium's Got Talent!
  • Options
    GirlfromEireannGirlfromEireann Posts: 4,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Altiyan went AWOL for 24 hours, but Ronan just "tweeted" to say they found him. Apparently he was finding the pressure of the show a little too much and he slept out in a cave for the night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Altiyan went AWOL for 24 hours, but Ronan just "tweeted" to say they found him. Apparently he was finding the pressure of the show a little too much and he slept out in a cave for the night.

Sounds like a true rockstar, sleeping in a cave, nice one.
  • Options
    GirlfromEireannGirlfromEireann Posts: 4,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be worried about him to be honest. If he can't take the pressure at this stage, what would he be like if he won the show or achieved some degree of "fame" after it.

Also, a bit childish running away like that. He could have just asked for some time to reflect.

Having said that, he's a great singer and performer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Skip_Tech wrote: »
    Him from Daybreak?

I read it as him too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gutted about Amanda leaving! Her audition, and pretty much all her performances, were great. I don't get why she never got the votes :(

I'm placing my money on Sally winning. I get the feeling they really like her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8YY-BMOjLc&feature=channel

This is a real girl band, Mahogany doing The Beatles, they sound and look amazing, love this version. Does seem more talent down under and so glad to see Natalie Imbruglia doing the judging, I'll shut up about her getting the Brit version gig next year now I know she is doing the aussie version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good singer, I've just discovered on their version Amanda Grabunakis singing Wonderwall, really nice version in places and again seems to put her own stamp on the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpcPG0-0RT0&feature=related

What's anyone's opinions on this version.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8YY-BMOjLc&feature=channel

This is a real girl band, Mahogany doing The Beatles, they sound and look amazing, love this version. Does seem more talent down under and so glad to see Natalie Imbruglia doing the judging, I'll shut up about her getting the Brit version gig next year now I know she is doing the aussie version.

Crikey O'Reilly and they didn't have some massive over-superimposed backing track, they sounded like they should be recording already.

Why can't british groups sound this good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Yeah hes awesome! Wish he was in the UK X factor :rolleyes:

This is kind of what I thought storm would be like, but storm turned out to be absolutely tragic anyways.

I love watching ronan going bonkers dancing on the panel aswell hahaha its great and the bloke is kind of sexy to :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't know, maybe we do have bands equally as good but for some reason they slip through our net because the judges we have are missing them. I bet there is loads that we never see that maybe have huge potential.

But yes this band tick all the boxes and actually sound like they know what to do. I like Belle Amie, not so keen on 1 Direction but they have a long way to go to be as good as this band in my eyes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He reminds me of Jamie Afro! Last years UK x factor was far better than this year! This year the only ones i could classify as talent would be Matt Aidan and Rebecca! Mary and Treyc are just able to belt out a song, they're good but nothing really individual about them. Paije and John have good voices but again nothing standout, Wagner is a joke act (Jedward) and One direction as cute as they are are just a "boyband" nothing special (I think they're sweet though!) Belle Amie COULD be good with work! Just my opinion!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He certainly is a one off disapearing like that:eek:
  • Options
    Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is 5th favourite to win..

Behind the 3 girls from the girls category and a girlband.

I think that would probs be unheard of on our x factor! :D