How Many Days Chris Evans On The One Show

occyoccy Posts: 65,045
Forum Member
✭✭
I heard Chris is presenting Wednesdays The One Show. He seems to be presenting a few days, as well as his normal Fridays. Was this the real plan?

In an interview with Heat Magazine. He said Adrian and Christine have not spoken to him since they went to Daybreak.

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    AFAIK he's contracted to the Friday show and is just filling in the other shows because of other issues.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any excuse. I think this is the plan for Chris to take the show over fulltime.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Any excuse. I think this is the plan for Chris to take the show over fulltime.

Madness.
    Has Alex Jones left - she hasn't been on for about a week.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Madness.

She was back on Friday, now she's sick again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »

Perhaps it was the prospect of working with Evans, Personally I find the Matt Baker/Louise Minchin combination much more appealing.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it was the prospect of working with Evans, Personally I find the Matt Baker/Louise Minchin combination much more appealing.

Yes, me too!... but Louise did say last night that hopefully Alex will be back today!. I think she has been off sick hasn't she?......

Oh and btw!, it's not surprising that Adrian and Christine haven't spoken to Chris Evans is it!, it was over his appointment to the friday slot of The One Show that they left the BBC in the first place! and started all this merry go round!......;)
  • Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    Yes, me too!... but Louise did say last night that hopefully Alex will be back today!. I think she has been off sick hasn't she?......

Oh and btw!, it's not surprising that Adrian and Christine haven't spoken to Chris Evans is it!, it was over his appointment to the friday slot of The One Show that they left the BBC in the first place! and started all this merry go round!......;)

Evans says in the Heat interview:

"Adrian told me he didn't like doing Fridays. He told me this directly. He didn't want to give up Match Of The Day 2 on Sundays, but the Friday show was a hassle," said Evans.

"Soon after that lovely night out – which went on until 3am, by the way – I got a phone call from the then One Show boss. She said: 'How do you fancy Fridays on The One Show?' Which I totally understood, because I'd just had that conversation with Adrian about Fridays being a drag," he added.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats interesting Killary!, i haven't seen the article i must admit!, but i suppose that is a case of Adrian saying one thing and meaning another eh!, i dont think anyone (i know i wouldn't), likes it if it feels like their territory has been invaded!,

And of course it was all done while Adrian was away on leave so i suppose that makes it doubly worse, as this woman exec went behind his back an arranged it all without any consultation, perhaps if she had had the decency to speak to Adrian about her thoughts and plans, the whole thing may have been resolved without all the hoo haa that has been caused!,....
  • Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And of course it was all done while Adrian was away on leave so i suppose that makes it doubly worse, as this woman exec went behind his back an arranged it all without any consultation, perhaps if she had had the decency to speak to Adrian about her thoughts and plans, the whole thing may have been resolved without all the hoo haa that has been caused!,....

That could explain Childes falling out with the boss of the One Show, but does not really explain his refusal to talk to Evans.

If you tell someone that you do not like working on Friday evenings and then he is offered the Friday job, it seems a bit Childe-ish to then go into a big sulk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killary45 wrote: »
    That could explain Childes falling out with the boss of the One Show, but does not really explain his refusal to talk to Evans.

If you tell someone that you do not like working on Friday evenings and then he is offered the Friday job, it seems a bit Childe-ish to then go into a big sulk.

Yes i know what you mean!, but people do get like that!, there was a woman who i worked with a few years ago!, she was a senior clerk and had to have time off for something or other and i was asked to step in until she came back and i mentioned it to her and, she never spoke to me again!.... weird woman!......;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i know what you mean!, but people do get like that!, there was a woman who i worked with a few years ago!, she was a senior clerk and had to have time off for something or other and i was asked to step in until she came back and i mentioned it to her and, she never spoke to me again!.... weird woman!......;)

I've always thought that attitude shows the vulnerability of the person, certainly seems to be so in the case of A & C.I think Christine made a huge mistake in joining Chiles, getting rid of her agent (who advised against moving). Where are all these other projects ITV are supposed to be offering her (at least Adrian has got his footie). Presenting yet another Simply Red Farewell concert is hardly the big-time when the BBC were offering her the face of the London Olympics. Very shortsighted view.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madness.
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Surprise, surprise... Alex is back tonight and coincidentally Chris Evans is on too...;)
    the only day she's been on for almost two weeks was last Friday when he was on! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats interesting Killary!, i haven't seen the article i must admit!, but i suppose that is a case of Adrian saying one thing and meaning another eh!, i dont think anyone (i know i wouldn't), likes it if it feels like their territory has been invaded!,

Coincidentally, the woman exec is a friend and ex girlfriend of Chris Evans,
    so I guess he can do pretty much what he likes on The One Show! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coincidentally, the woman exec is a friend and ex girlfriend of Chris Evans,
    so I guess he can do pretty much what he likes on The One Show! ;)

Really!, the plot thickens eh!...... typical!, it's not what you know!, it's who you know by the sounds of it!......;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really!, the plot thickens eh!...... typical!, it's not what you know!, it's who you know by the sounds of it!......;)
    Seemingly she used to produce his TFI Friday Show and the Jonathan Ross show....
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Matt Baker, who's been reported as being Jason's replacement, can't cover all four days because of Strictly. That's why Chris is doing extra days. Expect normality to return after Christmas.