Boy suffocates 2 kittens for the lolz & puts it on Youtube (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Sick :cry:

There are some websites that have uploaded the original vid. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to watch that no matter how curious I was.
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Well at least he didn't do something as sadistic as plopping them into a wheelie bin. Let's not overreact and put it on level with that vicious crime.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least he didn't do something as sadistic as plopping them into a wheelie bin. Let's not overreact and put it on level with that vicious crime.

Agreed.

Now if only he had been a woman in her 40's before you know it there will be a hate campaign, death threats, major press coverage faux outrage on DS forums and we'd be on page 43 by now.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for ruining mine. :rolleyes:
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant you give us a clue what its about without us ruining our days ?
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Thanks for ruining mine. :rolleyes:

Same.
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Cant you give us a clue what its about without us ruining our days ?

I did think it a bit odd that if it ruined their day, they should share the misery.

It's a rather depressing story about a nasty little git killing animals in a rather torturous and voyeuristic way, then YouTubing the footage. Not a story for the easily upset.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you WokStation - i wont be opening the link then.
  • Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God that's terrible that.

Poor Kittens :eek:
  • chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1414301

It would have ruined your day a lot earlier if you had seen the above thread
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    What good does it do starting a(nother) thread? I suppose it might be cathartic for you, but isn't that selfish since all you're doing is ruining everyone else's day?

Donating to the RSPCA would achieve something.
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF is wrong with people? :(

I really hope they find the scum that did this. He should get life imprisonment IMO.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    What good does it do starting a(nother) thread? I suppose it might be cathartic for you, but isn't that selfish since all you're doing is ruining everyone else's day?

I'm loving you today, you're very practical and full of no-nonsense common sense.
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this about the kittens? I didn't click on that thread either. I did lol @ the OP wanting to ruin everyone elses day though. Way ta go :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Yeah some kittens get owned. It ain't good. They should do the same to the guy who did it.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'll get him eventually. They found/tracked that lass down who threw them kittens in the river.
  • danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All that needs to be done is report the YouTube video to the police they can then get the original IP the video was uploaded from, go to the courts for a subponea for that ISP the IP belongs to and voila, you have an address.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    /b/ got hold of this on Monday I think, and there was much action in trying to find who the killer was. Not sure if they managed to find him though.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As long as it's in within community guidelines, posters are entitled to start whatever thread they see fit.

I agree that donating to the RSPCA is a good thing.

As far as the thread topic is concerned, it's yet another story of animal abuse. Horrible, and maybe emphasises that stiffer penalities are needed for such barbaric acts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    As far as the thread topic is concerned, it's yet another story of animal abuse. Horrible, and maybe emphasises that stiffer penalities are needed for such barbaric acts.

It's truly awful - this is one of those occasions where I can't bring myself to find the video - and I don't really want to in all honesty - the description's enough.

What's interesting is that on 4chan, there are some old 'collages' that do the rounds now and then of cats and kittens being killed in a variety of horrific ways, and I recall that most of them originate in Russia or Eastern European countries. Perhaps they don't think of cats like pets over there, more beasts of utility?

I recall my cousin's grandfather drowning kittens in a bucket. However, they lived on a farm, and it was something that they'd just always done if they didn't have a need for extra mousers, which essentially is what the cats' purposes was.. were..

But anyway.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just like to think of the boy sat opening his gifts and unwrapping a feral cat that scratches his face off. :D
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    As long as it's in within community guidelines, posters are entitled to start whatever thread they see fit..

That's a straw man.

I have never disputed the entitlement to post. I'm asking just because you CAN do something, is it necessary or required that you SHOULD? Actions have consequences, and some of those consequences can be unintentional. With freedom of speech comes a responsibility to know when not to.

If you think catharsis is sufficient reason to post, I have some sympathy with that, but for me, as I said, it doesn't unreservedly justify the need to draw attention to despicable behaviour, and it may do more harm than good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just like to think of the boy sat opening his gifts and unwrapping a feral cat that scratches his face off. :D

Or we get invaded by a race of massive cats from outer space on a revenge mission, who put him in plastic bag and vacuum pack him.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it's in within community guidelines, posters are entitled to start whatever thread they see fit.
    That's a straw man.

I think you'll find it's a statement of fact.