Great British Menu Series 8

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    i always serve my meals at least 1500 metres away from my house....

do you make real volcano desserts?
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww Toms daughters a cutie
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    addix wrote: »
    Is all this 'the lift isn't working' and 'the kitchen's already being used for Carmen' baloney meant to build the tension to unbearable levels? Yawn
    It happens every year. The other year they had the cooking downstairs and then a portable kitchen/finalising point upstairs to finish off the dishes.

In another (or possibly same) final they had the desserts being prepared in a completely different room to the kitchen and other chefs.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness the main is in a tagine, at least it has the hope of arriving to the table with some heat left in it.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Very odd, makes you wonder if either of them really want to marry.
    Clarkie66 wrote: »
    True. It's all either a publicity stunt or they need to get their priorities sorted out.

Good Evening.

I thought something about his fiance's smile seemed rather forced.

[Sorry to crash the party at the last minute.:o I'm not usually home from work in time to watch.]
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    fender101 wrote: »
    do you make real volcano desserts?

but of course, whoever escapes the pyroclastic flow gets a jeroboam of champagne
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It happens every year. The other year they had the cooking downstairs and then a portable kitchen/finalising point upstairs to finish off the dishes.

In another (or possibly same) final they had the desserts being prepared in a completely different room to the kitchen and other chefs.
    Looks like they are doing it again this year. Oliver 'sorted' it last time as well
    Forum Member
    shouldn't the event manager known about this BEFORE the day as you know his actual job??
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Of course the temp upper kitchen is arranged at the last minute..............it would have been booked and arranged weeks/months in advance.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know the producers think all this tension is good for the show but I'm just finding it all a bit negative and I want positivity for the banquet show
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, at least the lights work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shouldn't the event manager known about this BEFORE the day as you know his actual job??

I'm absolutely sure he did know and this is all a manufactured situation to add 'drama'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what will be next year's venue, on top of an active Volcano? The tension being that everyone might die any minute, the banquet theme Barbecue..
    Forum Member
    Oh no.... it's all going wrong. Lucky the head chef of the place knows about the helium restrictions eh

They even have a food critic fine tuning the lighting. I suppose they had to fit him into the show somehow.
  • Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    This is getting a bit ridiculous now. Pru would have known the set up at the Albert Hall when the chose a frozen dish and there just seems to be one drama after another. I suspect they think it adds to the drama of the programme but I'd prefer it without.
    Forum Member
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    I know the producers think all this tension is good for the show but I'm just finding it all a bit negative and I want positivity for the banquet show
    The editors/producers think that drgger eyes make a tv show.
    One of these days they may actually show the chefs cooking
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,089
    Forum Member
    Mishcoll wrote: »

Not just 'a bit negative' is my reaction. Ridiculous contrived nonsense, all of it. What a load of bollocks. :mad:
    Forum Member
    is this the comedy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this the comedy?

It's not even funny though.
    Forum Member
    I see that 'all' the chefs are mucking in with the team work.
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    It's not even funny though.

i thought the fact it was so obviously contrived was some kind of weird post-modern humour....
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Change of plan guys, no electricty today, here's an open fire and a block of ice to work with"
    Forum Member
    "Change of plan guys, no electricty today, here's an open fire and a block of ice to work with"

:D:D:D
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Just get on with it:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought the fact it was so obviously contrived was some kind of weird post-modern humour....

Well at least your post made me laugh :D