i couldn't even watch the judges critiquing him, poor bloke was gonna cry

Comments

• Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Norn2 wrote: »
    i couldn't even watch the judges critiquing him, poor bloke was gonna cry

After carefully choosing the acts for these shows, those two buzzed him and put him off.>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I felt really bad for him, I had to mute it when I noticed that the audience weren't laughing.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BGT set him up to fail. Simon Cowell blamed himself for the impressionist's downfall. Says it all.

He's a comedy impressionist, so why the hell was he singing songs? Most stupid decision ever.
  • Options
    ItsNickItsNick Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was brilliant.
    I don't understand why Amanda and Alesha said it was dated. It doesn't matter whether it's the 1970s or 2015, impressions are impressions so the only thing that would have made it dated is if he did impressions of people who we hadn't heard of for over 30 odd years. He was doing Keith Lemmon who's around now. Dot from, EE who's around now, Tom Jones who's on The Voice now, Brucie who's still around now.
    It's not as if he was doing impressions of Larry Grayson or something so I'm not sure where Amanda and Alesha were coming from.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was really dire, and that is being kind.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    He was probably told what to do for his act. Wouldn't surprise me if he had his script writen for him by the BGT producers.

Reminds me of a female impersonator from a couple of years ago who I thought was ace in her live audition. In the semi final she was a car crash on stage - can't remember her name but she took off Katy Price and sang Barbie Girl as part of her semi final performance. It was woeful, and I had her down as a potential winner that year.
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Amanda and Alesha thought he was so bad that he needed buzzing but yet didn't buzz David's awful 'golden buzzer' act at the end. What a joke!
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter what variety act you are Simon seems obsessed with incorporating singing into the god damn show. An impressionist should NOT sing! End of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The inconsistency of the judges was disgraceful. A dog popping balloons, overweight women dancing like mothers on a hen do and David's golden buzzer act arsing about on stage murdering an awful self penned song and we see 1 buzzer from Cowell. This guy must have been seething
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the guy did a bit of singing in his audition. i didnt enjoy his routine the first time to be fair
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I thought he was alright, his impressions were decent and considering the dire acts that have been on tonight, I thought he wasn't worth a buzz
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ItsNick wrote: »
    I thought he was brilliant.
    I don't understand why Amanda and Alesha said it was dated. It doesn't matter whether it's the 1970s or 2015, impressions are impressions so the only thing that would have made it dated is if he did impressions of people who we hadn't heard of for over 30 odd years. He was doing Keith Lemmon who's around now. Dot from, EE who's around now, Tom Jones who's on The Voice now, Brucie who's still around now.
    It's not as if he was doing impressions of Larry Grayson or something so I'm not sure where Amanda and Alesha were coming from.

Totally missing the point. If a terrible Keith Lemon impression is the only up to date thing you can do then he really is a crap impressionist. People like Dot Cotton, Tom Jones and Bruce Forsyth have been done on tv millions of times by much better impressionists then him. It was woefuly bad and dated. He may as well have stuck a beret on and gone "ooooh Betty" and done Frank Spencer. It was THAT dated.

Even if his impressions were good (and they were crap) his actual script and material was also rubbish. The audience didnt laugh. He was'nt funny.
  • Options
    Purves GrundyPurves Grundy Posts: 43,929
    Forum Member
    Amanda hated him from the start when he seemed to state that some famous people hadn't got famous through talent, but luck. I wonder why she objected to this. ;)
  • Options
    treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    He's a comedy impressionist, so why the hell was he singing songs? Most stupid decision ever.

That's his act. He does his impressions whilst singing. It's what he did at the auditions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sympathy for him. In his audition he was full of himself and saying he thinks he's better than alot of other impressionists so he should be ready to take criticism.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Totally missing the point. If a terrible Keith Lemon impression is the only up to date thing you can do then he really is a crap impressionist. People like Dot Cotton, Tom Jones and Bruce Forsyth have been done on tv millions of times by much better impressionists then him. It was woefuly bad and dated. He may as well have stuck a beret on and gone "ooooh Betty" and done Frank Spencer. It was THAT dated.

Even if his impressions were good (and they were crap) his actual script and material was also rubbish. The audience didnt laugh. He was'nt funny.

Yep, the material was awful and the only half decent impressions were the same old ones that every impressionist does. Keith Lemon was absolutely awful, I only knew it was supposed to be him because he used his catchphrases.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wasn't great, as has been said, people have been doing Dot Cotton impressions for 20 years. Not very current. Practically everyone does Bruce Forsyth impressions as well.
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amanda hated him from the start when he seemed to state that some famous people hadn't got famous through talent, but luck. I wonder why she objected to this. ;)

She clearly took exception to his comments in his audition and her buzzing him had something to do with that as well as the odd 'you just haven't got it' comment. I think we can all work out why she in particular was offended by the comments!
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wasn't that bad
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bit cringe but his Tom Jones was actually rather good
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

He's a comedy impressionist, so why the hell was he singing songs?

Because that's what makes him stand out from the other impressionists?
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think he needed those dancers.
  • Options
    TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »

Not just him to be fair, I've seen so many wannabe impressionists resort to the same group of people; Keith Lemon and David Beckham being two of them. Harry Hill even more so (I really hate it when that one comes up!)

I think people going on BGT maybe need to reconsider impressionism acts full stop. Why don't we see groups of comedians doing their own written character based sketches for a change? And something original, not just a derivative of the dead parrot or four candles. It might have more potential in making people laugh than impressions.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked him, at least I knew who he was doing, unlike the impressionist who was on a couple of weeks ago, the judges raved about him, but I hadn't a clue who he was doing.>:(
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unfortunately he was awful