Options

Embarrassing bodies

RhondaRhonda Posts: 248
Forum Member
The bodies belong to my two dogs who, after many years on the same food have started producing the most VILE wind.
You expect a bit with dogs, but believe me this is above and beyond normal. In the evenings we have had to banish the poor things to the kitchen as it is just unbearable. I'm wondering if the manufacturers have changed their formula?It's a tinned food which we've always used because it has no artificial anything.
However it's clear their food has to be changed if the problem is to be solved and I wondered if anyone on here has had a similar thing with their dog, and if so what food they changed to?

Comments

• Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try charcoal biscuits (don't have a dog now, but you certainly used to be able to get dog biscuits with charcoal in, they were black). You could also mix the canned food with a dry food. Humans fed on an all-meat diet are pretty revolting as well! Dogs are omnivores, and benefit from a more mixed diet.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We started having a problem recently too, not just windy but enormous amounts of poo. I assume they have changed the recipe of the food we buy so we have made the decision to take them off the commercial food and cook for them ourselves.

One third protein, one third vegetable, one third carbs. It's easy and doesn't take much time and we are amazed at how little their stools now are and the wind is so much better.

They also have a vitamin pill daily from vet just to be sure they get everything they need. But he is very impressed with their condition now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Charcoal biscuits are great but make sure you don't feed them constantly as its likely to stop observation of vital minerals.