Options

Well this is... intriguing.

Comments

• Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about a series of 15 minute specials. Each on featuring doctors 4-8, to be show on the red button on the week leading up to the 50th.

With BBC worldwide putting out a DVD the Monday afterwards..... And ideally with a cameo from Clara in each one. I've been fantasying such a project for month....
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about a series of 15 minute specials. Each on featuring doctors 4-8, to be show on the red button on the week leading up to the 50th.

With BBC worldwide putting out a DVD the Monday afterwards..... And ideally with a cameo from Clara in each one. I've been fantasying such a project for month....

....plus I'd want it to end with the 8th regeneration into john hurt.
  • Options
    ryanellisryanellis Posts: 183
    Forum Member

I so want this! One can be released each day Monday - Friday! But 25 minutes each please, and including the original
    opening credits for each respective Doctor! Wouldn't it be amazing!
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably just bbc jumping on the 4th of July bandwagon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new one, it's apparently advertising 'Terror of the Zygons' on DVD. So yeah, not a huge event we hoping for, but I didn't really expect it to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ujA-y9c5h2I
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just some casual trolling on behalf of the BBC then...
    ...seems they decided to advertise the Terror of the Zygons DVD in a way which may get some people excited for something which isn't realistically going to happen such as a Tom Baker minisode.
    Any reason other than trolling why the BBC would do this?
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just some casual trolling on behalf of the BBC then...
    ...seems they decided to advertise the Terror of the Zygons DVD in a way which may get some people excited for something which isn't realistically going to happen such as a Tom Baker minisode.
    Any reason other than trolling why the BBC would do this?

It isn't even remotely trolling. Yet again fans got themselves worked up for something that was never likely or promised and then have the nerve to blame the BBC for them getting carried away. People need to grow up a bit.

This was a nice teaser campaign for what turns out to be a new DVD release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't even remotely trolling. Yet again fans got themselves worked up for something that was never likely or promised and then have the nerve to blame the BBC for them getting carried away. People need to grow up a bit.

This was a nice teaser campaign for what turns out to be a new DVD release.

If it provokes a somewhat negative response, in my view it is trolling. Remember, trolling is not fat people behind computers being needlessly abusive to people online as the media would have you think. If done well, it can be amusing and this is what appears to have happened here. The BBC knew that by releasing a teaser trailer simply called "#thefourth" they'd stir up interest and people would get carried away with the speculation of what the teaser might mean (especially because this is the 50th year), ultimately resulting in these excitable individuals being disappointed.
    Look at the comments on that youtube video. I think it's fair to say some people are disappointed.

I'm not disappointed. I didn't really think this would come to much. I personally take my hat off to the BBC. I think they've done some brilliant trolling here. I can just imagine Steven Moffat or someone else behind this just sitting behind their computer screens looking exactly like this
    Very well done.

:):)
  • Options
    C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I think this'll turn out to be a full Fourth Doctor box set collection actually, just from the design of the Zygons packaging and the shots of various companions in the original teaser. Exciting stuff, and I'm not dissapointed at all.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    I think this'll turn out to be a full Fourth Doctor box set collection actually, just from the design of the Zygons packaging and the shots of various companions in the original teaser. Exciting stuff, and I'm not dissapointed at all.
    How much would that cost?:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You may be on to something here.
    However...as another poster has mentioned, how much would a Fourth Doctor boxset cost?! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the size of the DVD box, I'd also say it's part of a set. Perhaps it's only a kind of 'best of' selection? I can't see it being every story, otherwise this video wouldn't focus on just one episode. Or since this video was titled 'Fourth', maybe they'll be an episode from each Doctor in a set? Maybe the one which is most relevant to the 50th, since Zygons are in both this story and the 50th.
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom has been "lined up to return" since he left the show 33 bloody years ago :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jw2011 wrote: »

That's from last year and obviously isn't true considering no other more reputable source has mentioned anything of the source since then.
    Also, what a hideous website. Every single comment I read seemed to be some angry prat insulting anyone who likes the modern programme, claiming they must have an IQ below 100 or they must be hormonal imbecilic teenagers. I understand people hate the show now, but do they have to be abusive to those who still enjoy it?
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Theres no reason why they cant fit the whole of bakers episodes and audio stuff on on 4 blu-ray disks.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    Theres no reason why they cant fit the whole of bakers episodes and audio stuff on on 4 blu-ray disks.

Sadly there are commercial reasons why they won't.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it provokes a somewhat negative response, in my view it is trolling. Remember, trolling is not fat people behind computers being needlessly abusive to people online as the media would have you think. If done well, it can be amusing and this is what appears to have happened here. The BBC knew that by releasing a teaser trailer simply called "#thefourth" they'd stir up interest and people would get carried away with the speculation of what the teaser might mean (especially because this is the 50th year), ultimately resulting in these excitable individuals being disappointed.
    Look at the comments on that youtube video. I think it's fair to say some people are disappointed.

I'm not disappointed. I didn't really think this would come to much. I personally take my hat off to the BBC. I think they've done some brilliant trolling here. I can just imagine Steven Moffat or someone else behind this just sitting behind their computer screens looking exactly like this
    Very well done.

:):)

Erm no. Trolling isn't fat people behind keyboards being abusive you are right. But nor is it teasing something.

Trolling in its purest sense is trying to wind people up usually by putting forth a contrary opinion to elicit a negative response whether the person stating that opinion believes it or not. The BBc have done none of this. Hence it isn't trolling at all.

Just causing a negative response isn't trolling. Its the motivation behind it. There is nothing to suggest at all that the BBC posted and made this video to trick people into thinking it was something it wasn't. If you did then that's not the fault of the BBC. Its your own fault. Look at this thread. Within moments of that video being posted people had already begun fantasising about mini episodes for each surviving Doctor. Based on nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's from last year and obviously isn't true considering no other more reputable source has mentioned anything of the source since then.
    Also, what a hideous website. Every single comment I read seemed to be some angry prat insulting anyone who likes the modern programme, claiming they must have an IQ below 100 or they must be hormonal imbecilic teenagers. I understand people hate the show now, but do they have to be abusive to those who still enjoy it?

Those people are not the measuring stick as far as true fans go. They're the chav underbelly who, at their core, never "got" the change had to change with the times. They've lashing out because they've actually grown out of the show and are fuelled by their rosey specs, thinking their snail-paced stories and wobbly sets are still better than the faster-paced, slicker modern style. It is to laugh really. No sense of perspective or reality at all.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    TEDR wrote: »
    Sadly there are commercial reasons why they won't.

Real world reasons why they won't as well as someone else pointed out that blu-rays have to contain HD content.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm no. Trolling isn't fat people behind keyboards being abusive you are right. But nor is it teasing something.

Trolling in its purest sense is trying to wind people up usually by putting forth a contrary opinion to elicit a negative response whether the person stating that opinion believes it or not. The BBc have done none of this. Hence it isn't trolling at all.

Just causing a negative response isn't trolling. Its the motivation behind it. There is nothing to suggest at all that the BBC posted and made this video to trick people into thinking it was something it wasn't. If you did then that's not the fault of the BBC. Its your own fault. Look at this thread. Within moments of that video being posted people had already begun fantasising about mini episodes for each surviving Doctor. Based on nothing.

I don't agree.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Real world reasons why they won't as well as someone else pointed out that blu-rays have to contain HD content.
    Blu rays dont have to contain HD, there are some titlles starting to come out now under the banner of "sdBlu=ray"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mystery is solved!
    http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/are-you-ready-for-thefourth

Turns out it's a £63 "time capsule" containing a DVD of Terror of the Zygons, some pictures, a novel, an audio version of Genesis of the Daleks, an action figure, a sonic screw driver toy and a letter from Tom Baker.
    Very much a hardcore collector item. I have no interest in pictures, audio stories of television stories or action figures so I will not be buying this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suspect the audio for Genesis is for nostalgia hounds that remember buying the LP of that serial back in the 70s, it enjoyed a new lease of life in the 90s too. I've always found that odd, it's one of those stories that is complimented far more by the visuals
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I suspect the audio for Genesis is for nostalgia hounds that remember buying the LP of that serial back in the 70s, it enjoyed a new lease of life in the 90s too. I've always found that odd, it's one of those stories that is complimented far more by the visuals

I have that LP!!!

"I stepped from the TARDIS onto a cold barren planet"

(Someone's now going to tell me that isn't how it starts)