The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    Sorry our JJJ friends didn't like hearing yesterday that John is happy now. Hope you return soon to keep us updated. :)

I am going to add my surprise at this as well....and also hope that andy returns to us soon.....

what a shame...this has happened......I dont think John created it at all himself....it seem to be so called supporters thinking they know best.....:(

Surely we need to take responsibliity for our own actions..

Maybe people are cross that the whole JJJ dream is now over and buried...:confused:....., JOhn has finally comie over to the UK and made no discernable effort to contact Josie, and with JOsie making no discernable effort to contact. John.... the romance between them both is obviously over...

yet JOhn has had time to contact quite a few of his other BB11 housemates and even if he didnt see them, he seems to have at least befriended them on twitter!!!,

and he has even had time to catch up on a few select supporters, and do a meet and greet in southend arranged by Mario...

But he doesnt seem to have made any effort to contact Josie, and nor has she tried to contact him.....

surely that fact speaks volumes....:confused:
  • nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    I agree and cant believe people still have sour grapes lol or day dreaming maybe:rolleyes:
    Or both:D
    augusta92 wrote: »
    I am going to add my surprise at this as well....and also hope that andy returns to us soon.....

what a shame...this has happened......I dont think John created it at all himself....it seem to be so called supporters thinking they know best.....:(

Surely we need to take responsibliity for our own actions..

Maybe people are cross that the whole JJJ dream is now over and buried...:confused:....., JOhn has finally comie over to the UK and made no discernable effort to contact Josie, and with JOsie making no discernable effort to contact. John.... the romance between them both is obviously over...

yet JOhn has had time to contact quite a few of his other BB11 housemates and even if he didnt see them, he seems to have at least befriended them on twitter!!!,

and he has even had time to catch up on a few select supporters, and do a meet and greet in southend arranged by Mario...

But he doesnt seem to have made any effort to contact Josie, and nor has she tried to contact him.....

surely that fact speaks volumes
    ....:confused:

Loud and clear to me.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

surely that fact speaks volumes....:confused:

Absolutely, it's even plainer now to see that both John and Josie are getting on with their own lives ..... and Mario's tweets pretty much sum up how I've felt about things JJJ for a long time.

Unfortunately, some supporters seem unable to let go and still feel that John (and Josie for that matter) have some sort of obligation to them. It just seems such an alien notion of fandom. For me, it's simple....you either support a z-lister, with perhaps reservations about certain aspects, or you walk away from them. You can't expect to change or influence them directly, so I don't really understand anything in between! :eek:

Holding out hopes for reunification inevitably turns to criticism of John and Josie for not acting in the way a particular supporter wants them to. That's the problem I've always had with reuniters ..... not that they mean any harm, but that their dream-world delusion leads them to criticise and show disappointment towards John (and Josie). :(

John and Josie's split was acrimonious and I don't believe either of them would benefit from "resolution". It's just some crazy fans who need the resolution. Well too bad, noone owns John and Josie....however much money you may have spent on or time invested supporting them. They have their own wellbeing to consider and, based on my reading of both of their characters, why would they do anything other than what they've been doing for the last year?? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Absolutely, it's even plainer now to see that both John and Josie are getting on with their own lives ..... and Mario's tweets pretty much sum up how I've felt about things JJJ for a long time.

Unfortunately, some supporters seem unable to let go and still feel that John (and Josie for that matter) have some sort of obligation to them. It just seems such an alien notion of fandom to me. Either you support a z-lister or you walk away from them. You can't expect to change or influence them directly, so I don't really understand anything in between! :eek:

Holding out hopes for reunification inevitably turns to criticism of John and Josie for not acting in the way a particular supporter wants them to. That's the problem I've always had with reuniters ..... not that they mean any harm, but that their dream-world delusion leads them to criticise and show disappointment towards John (and Josie). :(

Those who hold outhopes for reunification

yes exactly.......

We should be able to accept john and josie for who they are ....and not exactly expect them to change for us....

yes we can comment on aspects of their actions that they chose to show us......if they are in the public arena, like a magazine or on twitter....., we do have a right to say what we think ...

but we dont have any right to expect them to conform to our wishes or to act upon them......they are their own people who can do as they wish.. If john and josie have no intention of even speaking to each other ever again....we have to respect their wishes......and not to try and push them into doing something they dont want to do.........( within of course the legal and moral boundaries of society)
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me exactly what has been going on in the past few days....as ! im aware something has happened but not exactly what it was all about ?

If its true its extremely scary cos it looks as if a DS poster has been banned from DS by a group of people ganging up on twitter and facebook ??

how on earth can this have happened?

This group who have taken an instant dislike to this poster, havent wanted to tackle anything in public, or to address any problems and issues on DS itself, but have prefered to go behind closed doors and to talk about it...make a decision in private and then to act upon it....

ok so this isnt exactly a critical issue.....but.....it is pretty unjust and unfair......if a group did this in a work context....discussed someone and made a decision and acted upon it.....without even speaking properly to the people they think might be involved.....the unions quite rightly would be outraged....whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty, or having the right to reply or to defend yourself?

I am amazed that anyone thinks that this is right...
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Unfortunately, some supporters seem unable to let go and still feel that John (and Josie for that matter) have some sort of obligation to them. It just seems such an alien notion of fandom. For me, it's simple....you either support a z-lister, with perhaps reservations about certain aspects, or you walk away from them. You can't expect to change or influence them directly, so I don't really understand anything in between! :eek:

John and Josie's split was acrimonious and I don't believe either of them would benefit from "resolution". It's just some crazy fans who need the resolution. Well too bad, noone owns John and Josie....however much money you may have spent on or time invested supporting them. They have their own wellbeing to consider and, based on my reading of both of their characters, why would they do anything other than what they've been doing for the last year?? :confused:
    yes exactly.......

We should be able to accept john and josie for who they are ....and not exactly expect them to change for us....

yes we can comment on aspects of their actions that they chose to show us......if they are in the public arena, like a magazine or on twitter....., we do have a right to say what we think ...

but we dont have any right to expect them to conform to our wishes or to act upon them......they are their own people who can do as they wish...( within of course the legal and moral boundaries of society)

As you know, I concur absolutely with you both :)

I would like to add, those that think I am Bitter and Twisted shouldn't be throwing stones in them there glasshouses!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woop Woop Murray wins Gold Lol
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tooty wrote: »

So pleased for him x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tooty wrote: »

TeamGB's no 16 gold........yay!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Sad for the Fedmeister, but he won the one that mattered! :p;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, well done Murray!
    Forum Member
    TeamGB's no 16 gold........yay!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Sad for the Fedmeister, but he won the one that mattered! :p;)

well done murray.....:D

wow im almost feeling exremely proud to be British......

the olympic team have done us proud......im so impressed.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done murray.....:D

wow im almost feeling exremely proud to be British......

the olympic team have done us proud......im so impressed.....

totally agree. As someone who isn't normally that keen on patriotism or big global events, I've gotta admit to being totally won over by Olympics2012 ..... right from the unexpectedly impressive opening ceremony.

And here's a big positive of twitter - being able to share that feeling of excitement and pride REAL-TIME (as it happens) with a bunch of tweet buddies....not just my 'real world' friends and colleagues! :)
  • bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Oh,who's been naughty and sen to sit on the chair?Anyone knows for how long?:p

Have to say the Brits having a successful Olympic campaign thus far:cool:The home support does wonders!:D

Don't think anyone is pushing John to get back together with Jose,but more to do with what they would want to see happen,think the bad thing is those who encourages them to feel like that,that there is somehow still a possibility of that happening,even though they know that it's not gonna happen!

The only thing that i don't agree with is some of the tweets i sometimes read on John's TL,some of it are patronising to say the least,but they're in the minority now:)

At the end of the day,anyone is entitled to their opinions,and how they feel,see the situation really!

Love the clips i've been watching of BB this past 2 days,they seem like a relaxed group,no more divide,but i'm sure BB will throw something to rile them up:rolleyes:
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    bblover wrote: »
    Oh,who's been naughty and sen to sit on the chair?Anyone knows for how long?:p

Have to say the Brits having a successful Olympic campaign thus far:cool:The home support does wonders!:D

Don't think anyone is pushing John to get back together with Jose,but more to do with what they would want to see happen,think the bad thing is those who encourages them to feel like that,that there is somehow still a possibility of that happening,even though they know that it's not gonna happen!

The only thing that i don't agree with is some of the tweets i sometimes read on John's TL,some of it are patronising to say the least,but they're in the minority now:)

At the end of the day,anyone is entitled to their opinions,and how they feel,see the situation really!

Love the clips i've been watching of BB this past 2 days,they seem like a relaxed group,no more divide,but i'm sure BB will throw something to rile them up:rolleyes:

Poor AP
    it seems you're not allowed
    to say john is happy, healthy and well
    in a appreciation thread
    with johns name on it :confused:

Go figure :D
    Forum Member
    Poor AP
    in a appreciation thread

Well he looks fit.

He looks healthy.

Fit and healthy equals happy:D

Simples:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor AP
    in a appreciation thread

lmao :D
    Forum Member
    Well he looks fit.

He looks healthy.

Fit and healthy equals happy:D

Simples:p
    muggins14 wrote: »
    lmao :D

well i don,t understand it

i called john a little sh*t
    and i,m still here :p
    Forum Member
    well i don,t understand it

i called john a little sh*t
    and i,m still here :p

We like you more than the red buttons:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But not as much as the red smarties :p
    Forum Member

:D

:eek:
    one red smartie :o
    or are we talking a
    whole tube :D
    Forum Member

True,love me smarties me,nothing compares but M&M's:D:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True,love me smarties me,nothing compares but M&M's:D:o

Peanut M&M's... yum :D Especially in a bowl of vanilla ice-cream :D I'm such a pig lol
    Forum Member
    Peanut M&M's... yum :D Especially in a bowl of vanilla ice-cream :D I'm such a pig lol

Me and you both then:D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, for keeping us lurkers informed. xxx :)
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Have to say Alex you put into words everything I am thinking.

Well done to Team GB. My friend saw the canoeing team get gold - and she is going to Tae Kwando, Synchronized Swimming and another event I can't remember. I told her she just should have camped rather than come back home.

Anyway, here are the questions for DARK FIRE.

Remember to head your reply BOOK GROUP DISCUSSION
This discussion has been closed.