Man United Supporters Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• TribecTribec Posts: 9,325
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    NFL culture is that you don't boot the coach during the season, pretty much under any circumstances.

Assuming the Glazers stick to this, I'd imagine it'll be the Monday after the season ends he'll go.

With reports that season ticket renewals are down and no waiting list it makes sense to change now, to generate sales on that front rather than wait till later. However, the Glaziers have hired badly in the NFL, so don't expect them to change anything in terms of selection this time if Moyes does go.
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Igloo_Man wrote: »
    I have to say I'm surprised (but far from disappointed) to hear that Moyes is set to be off. A lacklustre defeat to Everton shouldn't have been the final straw - that should have come two or three months ago, probably after the limp loss in Olympiakos.

So it seems likely that it was the mathematical confirmation that the top four is unattainable which has led to the decision. I guess CL qualification was the minimum requirement and there was a clause in Moyes' contract regarding it. So they'll be able to dispense with him without paying out as much.

'll is still my choice. He's the perfect fit and, crucially, has given all the indications over the years that he's desperate for the job. Of course this may have changed over the last year since he was snubbed last time round, but I'd still be rapping on his door. It would be understandable if he didn't want to come now though.

MNF is going to be interesting...
    Still wondering if we could get Mourinho. I would love it to happen but how realistic would this possibility be?
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David May has been suspended by MUTV for his comments yesterday. :D
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Thing is though there was high expectation on Moyes to keep up the pace. Now there will be even bigger expectation for an Immediate turn around from a lot of fans. As well as the media and the shareholders. I certianly would not want the job.

I think it will be easier if Moyes goes now as the fall guy has done his job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

The Peoples Republic of North Korea like this.

May will return after his haircut. ;-)
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    Still wondering if we could get Mourinho. I would love it to happen but how realistic would this possibility be?

Probably not that realistic but as has been said on here in the last week, we should still be enquiring to see if there's any glint of a chance.
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

How embarrassing. I don't subscribe to MUTV for this exact reason. It's just a continual stream of propaganda. It's the same with the official podcast which I once decided to try. No criticism of the club is tolerated. I know it's the club's own channel, but its pretty nauseating all the same.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    Starts at 7.30 today so they probably won't discuss it too much.

David Jones (from Sky) tweeted that they will talk about it tonight.
  • Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Jones (from Sky) tweeted that they will talk about it tonight.

Did I say they wouldn't? It starts later than it usually does, hence why i said "too much". It's becoming clear why you get so much shit thrown at you.
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I say they wouldn't? It starts later than it usually does, hence why i said "too much". It's becoming clear why you get so much shit thrown at you.

Jeez the guy just mad a statement, he didn't disagree with you and you go off on one, give him a break
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be easier if Moyes goes now as the fall guy has done his job.

Moyes will be blamed whatever. If the new person cannot turn around fans will say 'well look what he inherited from Moyes'. Yet, in terms of players, the successor is inheriting from Moyes what Moyes in turn inherited from Ferguson (plus Mata and Felliani).

I think the only hope is that the players bother to pull their weight for the next manager. Moyes has received a lot of criticism but it became very obvious early in the season that some members of the squad were not giving it their all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Moyes will be blamed whatever. If the new person cannot turn around fans will say 'well look what he inherited from Moyes'. Yet, in terms of players, the successor is inheriting from Moyes what Moyes in turn inherited from Ferguson (plus Mata and Felliani).

I think the only hope is that the players bother to pull their weight for the next manager. Moyes has received a lot of criticism but it became very obvious early in the season that some members of the squad were not giving it their all.

There are a few senior players who can follow him imo and not the usual suspects.

Carrick for one has played some absolute dog shite this season and it all can't be blamed on the manager.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would've thought Mourinho's behaviour this season will have only reinforced Charlton's stance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    Jeez the guy just mad a statement, he didn't disagree with you and you go off on one, give him a break

No, it wasn't just a statement, otherwise he wouldn't have quoted me. I insinuated that they wouldn't discuss it 'much' because it was a later start than usual, yet he commented like I had said they wouldn't at all.

Maybe he never intended it to come across like it did, but he seems to do that an awful lot on here. So no, he won't be afforded any breaks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it wasn't just a statement, otherwise he wouldn't have quoted me. I insinuated that they wouldn't discuss it 'much' because it was a later start than usual, yet he commented like I had said they wouldn't at all.

Maybe he never intended it to come across like it did, but he seems to do that an awful lot on here. So no, he won't be afforded any breaks.

you can see it how you like, to an outsider it just looks like you are jumping on the bandwagon and having a go at hime for nest to no reason IMO
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

There are a few senior players who can follow him imo and not the usual suspects.

Carrick for one has played some absolute dog shite this season and it all can't be blamed on the manager.

I agree that Carrick's not had a great season (certainly compared to last year) but we've got to be careful here. It appears that there's already going to be a large turnover of players (and probably staff now) in the summer before we even get on to those who aren't actually good enough. There are several who may leave or retire out of their own choice because they want to move on, and I fear that that will be enough 'outs' for one summer, and thus we will be stuck with the junk.

And someone like Carrick could be important over the next year or two - his experience is invaluable at a time of much upheaval, especially with Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra and Giggs potentially all leaving. But by all means, he needs to up his game next season.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member

Noticed that myself, he is following bat dude like a shadow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you can see it how you like, to an outsider it just looks like you are jumping on the bandwagon and having a go at hime for nest to no reason IMO

I don't really give a rat's arse how it looks to 'outsiders'. If you really need to, go and comfort him privately or let him deal with this 'situation' like most people, by themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »

If some people have issues with him they just have to ignore him, it's as simple as that
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I only merely pointed out that there would be a discussion on the topic, as David Jones tweeted that, nothing else was intended, so I am sorry if you were offended in any way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really give a rat's arse how it looks to 'outsiders'. If you really need to, go and comfort him privately or let him deal with this 'situation' like most people, by themselves.

you are such a nice guy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol, you couldn't talk more shit if you tried.
    I only merely pointed out that there would be a discussion on the topic, as David Jones tweeted that, nothing else was intended, so I am sorry if you were offended in any way.

Fair enough, but it just came across that way.
  • FireincairoFireincairo Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I've noticed you doing the same with Cantona07
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    I REALLY need to go do some shopping.

But I daren't move just in case there is some news.

I was shopping when it broke! I was queuing to pay for a dress and I heard a bloke tell his mate. I nearly put my stuff back to go outside to ring home!!!
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    I've noticed you doing the same with Cantona07

really? Ive agreed with him on loads of occasions.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Ogden was just on TalkSport, expects it to be done within the next 24 hours. -
    "Clear that yesterdays result was a tipping point"
    "Welbeck wanting to leave was the last straw" :o
    "Moyes seeking assurances but isn't going to get them"

Quite glad I've got tomorrow off, wouldn't be able to concentrate in work if nothing's happened yet!
This discussion has been closed.