So as Vince is about to resign how long until an election?

Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
Forum Member
Only a matter of months now surely?

Comments

• VellumVellum Posts: 6,825
    Forum Member
    I reckon it will be next week, won't be able to survive without him :rolleyes:
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May 2015.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't last the full term, anyway.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    next spring/summer will be the major wobble.
    I think this talk from Vince just confirms a few of the libdems have let power totally confuse the grip on Reality.

for him to assume him walking away would bring down the goverment is just nothing short of crazy (unless he knows a good number of other libdems are willing to withdraw support).

its when the AV vote and other Elections take place that IMO is going to be the turning point of this goverment.I used to really like Cable but he has been a total prat since he entered goverment.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jason, wrote: »
    Only a matter of months now surely?

What do you mean? If a minister resigns he is still an M.P. There will be no election.:)
  • Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    What do you mean? If a minister resigns he is still an M.P. There will be no election.:)

You believe the coaliton will last after this?!

Good luck.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The coalition has to last otherwise we are all in deep trouble.
  • tigertimtimtigertimtim Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    wallster wrote: »
    The coalition has to last otherwise we are all in deep trouble.

thanks to the cuts and attacks on the poor n vulnable in society a lot of people are in seroius trouble now
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Good luck.

Yes I do.:)
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Yes I do.:)

Everyone now saying he's going to resign tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good luck.

A lot will depend on the 2 former leaders.
    Campell and kennedy I think are just waiting this out until something really massive comes along they know will kill the party off as a whole.

I can see this last 3.5 -4 years then some of those Mp's will realise the chances of being elected again is in trouble then kick off.

I think the EU is going to come back and haunt the tories as time goes on,the amount of money the UK is paying was one of the key factors in the record borrowing figures today its only going to be a matter of time before that old chestnut is back roasting again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks to the cuts and attacks on the poor n vulnable in society a lot of people are in seroius trouble now

We are all in serious trouble as we are in deep debt.
  • Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Lets hope so. Labour need to get back in power and the country needs them to sort out this mess the Tories have put the poor into.
  • TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good luck.

Cable suffers from the 'This place wouldn't run without me' syndrome.

Like all of us who have thought that, he is about to discover otherwise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets hope so. Labour need to get back in power and the country needs them to sort out this mess the Tories have put the poor into.

Labour put us in the mess that the coalition is getting us out of. Attribute blame where it is due.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Within 2 years labour will ditch milliband.
    the guy should be making as much capital out of the snow/cable farce as possible.

labour wont want another 5 years out of power.its going to be a IDS all over again.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you'll find that it was Labour who have created the huge mess we are in and it's the coalition governments job to clear it up. They have to make decisions that aren't popular but they need to be made.

I just can't believe how short some people's memories are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I think you'll find that it was Labour who have created the huge mess we are in and it's the coalition governments job to clear it up. They have to make decisions that aren't popular but they need to be made.

I just can't believe how short some people's memories are.

I'm afraid you will just have to believe it, otherwise there are some stupid folk around :(
  • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's an argument that it should be like snooker, where you can put your opponent back in if they create a messy situation by foul means. The Tories could have put Brown back in to sort out the mess he created.

I'll give you five words to explain why there won't be a GE soon:

Lib Dem opinion poll rating.

Here's another five:

Turkeys not voting for Christmas.

See you in May 2015 :)
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member

Nice one.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol and thrice lol to all this. it's like pass the parcel regarding who's responsibility anything is.
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    wallster wrote: »
    We are all in serious trouble as we are in deep debt.

No you are not.

A Capitalist country doen't work like the household finances.

Don't be fooled!
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    for him to assume him walking away would bring down the goverment is just nothing short of crazy

And if he goes on to say that Clegg has sold his soul, or at least sold out his principles, and goes on to say what a horrible mistake it has been getting into bed with the Tories, and perhaps lets us in on just how much Cameron and the toffs are planning to grab from us.... Just how much credibility would the government have?
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vince Cable has made a huge error of judgement which makes it likely that he will be judged unfit to continue in public office. Once he has been removed and a successor appointed, I see no reason why this should affect the position of the government.
  • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No you are not.

A Capitalist country doen't work like the household finances.

Don't be fooled!

Try telling that to the Irish.

The interest on our national debt is £43 billion per annum. Imagine what £43 billion would buy if we didn't have to pay it out in interest.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/uk-economy/uk-national-debt/

Now confirmed: Cable will not be quitting the cabinet.