Options

Doctor Who Fans (Part Ian)

Comments

• Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    The One Show has just done a whole segment on the history of the Post Office tower and didn't once mention the menace posed by its computer or how the Doctor saved us all.

UNIT cover these things up very well.

Could have been rewritten when the universe was rebooted.

Or perhaps WOTAN still controls the interwebs and everyone's afraid to admit it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    Just rewatched Doctor Who: The Movie with Paul McGann. As exciting as the first time I saw it.

Terrific romp with superb acting and directing. I know that some hardcore fans would like to wipe it off the Whouniverse, but it showed a new direction that carried into the Eccleston, Tennant and Smith eras. All three eras owe it a debt.

Transplanting this to a more appropriate thread. :)

I agree. It's a perfect transition between Old and New. If only it weren't for the h*** h**** business...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A date for yours and River’s diary. Next Friday 1st March sees the British premiere of Alex’s NCIS ‘crossover’ episode “Gone.” on the Fox channel 9.00pm. Repeated Sunday 3rd March 8.00.pm

Here’s a trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_vaj66Ww8k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the new Troughton shirts.

http://darkbunnytees.com/doctor-who/index.html
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    What will the December ones be I wonder? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What will the December ones be I wonder? :confused:

Dunno, but I think we can forget about it being a picture of the Twelfth Doctor as they're obviously just making whimsical company logo thingies without picturing the Doctors. Perhaps the last one will be something non-Doctor-specific like the recent Tardis Express shirt on TeeFury.
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    I like the new Troughton shirts.

http://darkbunnytees.com/doctor-who/index.html

Gosh. What excellent designs. I can tell from the silhouette that I'm going to love the Pertwee one. I don't really wear T shirts, apart from when pumping iron at the gym. Do you think they could weave them in tweed or silk for use in town and office?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see Broadchurch last night? A bit odd seeing the Tenth Doctor, Rory and the new Billy Hartnell in the same programme. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did anyone see Broadchurch last night? A bit odd seeing the Tenth Doctor, Rory and the new Billy Hartnell in the same programme. :D

Plus Prisoner Zero in a story by a Who scriptwriter.

Got it on tape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus Prisoner Zero in a story by a Who scriptwriter.

Got it on tape.

Literally, tape? :cool: I thought only Ting and I still used tapes.

It's not really a spoiler to say the music wasn't to my taste ... too droning. And a bit too much use of slo-mo for cheap dramatic effect. But I'll put my plot speculations in a spoiler tag. :)
    They're casting suspicion on a lot of people, as is only to be expected at this early stage, but so far the only person with a likely motive is the sister's boyfriend. At this point I'd bet Danny found out about them and the boyfriend lured Danny out at night with a promise of ... something (drugs? beer?), Danny invited Olivia Colman's son along and the boyfriend croaked Danny as Olivia's son arrived late and watched from a distance.

As for Danny's dad, he was probably having an affair and didn't get in till after Danny would have left for his paper route, then he cut the power to the clocks himself to cover up.

There, that's my guess and you can write it down. :p
    If it's no cleverer than that, then I hope Chibnall won't be the next Whorunner. :D
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Broadchurch. Was there a murder? I never noticed. ;):D

I've just read on the Broadhurch thread that there is going to be a
    nude scene and it's the (male) journalist!
    what a blinking waste! :(

Seriously, well semi-seriously, Rory wasn't in it enough. I hope he gets more to do next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Broadchurch. Was there a murder? I never noticed. ;):D

I've just read on the Broadhurch thread that there is going to be a
    nude scene and it's the (male) journalist!
    what a blinking waste! :(

Seriously, well semi-seriously, Rory wasn't in it enough. I hope he gets more to do next week.

Well, that journalist has already
    shown himself to be an exhibitionist.
    ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Literally, tape? :cool: I thought only Ting and I still used tapes.

Actually the hard drive of a PVR. I slipped into archaic language so that you'd know what I was going on about. These days I could also stream it directly to my SmartTV. I expect you haven't the foggiest what I'm babbling on about now. It's all to do with megabyte modems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually the hard drive of a PVR. I slipped into archaic language so that you'd know what I was going on about. These days I could also stream it directly to my SmartTV. I expect you haven't the foggiest what I'm babbling on about now. It's all to do with megabyte modems.

Well, I have got a PVR also, but this SmartTV of which you speak is throwing me for a foggy loop or two.

**wonders if anyone could really ever construct a megabyte modem**
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Acting Dean of Leicester Cathedral compares proposed Richard III tomb to a TARDIS.
    Unlike others, we have to take into account the context, environment, structure and life of the Cathedral. It’s hard to just put a Tardis into a space.

Obviously he doesn't understand that it can be smaller on the outside.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blogtor Who still promoting the anniversary special as 90 minutes. What do you know, eh, Cameron?
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Blogtor Who still promoting the anniversary special as 90 minutes. What are you know, eh, Cameron?

i have it on good authority it will 86 minutes and 10 seconds long exactly. ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else enjoy the sight of Chris Evans wearing Colin Bakers costume coat while interviewing Micheal Grade? As a dalek swivelled his eyepiece at him.

Colin told an anecdote about not being able to hit his marks in a "running down corridor" scene because if he moved away he could feel the set wall would collapse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Triumphant from taking the piss out of Micheal Grade right to his face, Doctor Who will be taking over TV again on BBC1 at 19:00 with "Pointless Celebrities (plus a bloke from the Cybusland rebel van)".

Both Mr Smith and the WWII pilot from "Widow" are asking the questions.

First question? Probably "We asked one hundred people if they've any idea whatsoever which characters you lot played..." :D

:o
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes it's hard being a DW fan.

Especially when your family don't have any interest in the programme.

I have just been informed that I am being taken on a family outing to the theatre and dinner as a special treat next Saturday. I had to smile and be suitably chuffed. And I am chuffed, but I do wish it had been any other day! :cry:

Maybe I will still be snowed in by then. (I am now).

But if I'm snowed in my TV may not work because the terrible wind and weather affects the aerial.

Ther's no hope for me seeing DW next Saturday, that's for sure.:(:(

Sorry, I just wanted a moan, and I didn't know where else to post it. :)
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One week till new Doctor Who :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noticed in Rome today they commemorated the 50th anniversary of the 1963 conclave with a multi-Pope special.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it's hard being a DW fan.

Especially when your family don't have any interest in the programme.

I have just been informed that I am being taken on a family outing to the theatre and dinner as a special treat next Saturday. I had to smile and be suitably chuffed. And I am chuffed, but I do wish it had been any other day! :cry:

Maybe I will still be snowed in by then. (I am now).

But if I'm snowed in my TV may not work because the terrible wind and weather affects the aerial.

Ther's no hope for me seeing DW next Saturday, that's for sure.:(:(

Sorry, I just wanted a moan, and I didn't know where else to post it. :)

Ah, no one watches it live anymore anyway, as I said on another thread-

I own every episode of Doctor Who, have every official dvd, vhs of the ones not out on dvd, CD soundtracks for all the missing ones, dozens of books about it, subscribed to Dr Who magazine for years, spend hundreds of pounds per year on Who merch, etcra etcra etcra. And I'm not gonna be able to watch Bells of Saint John live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Noticed in Rome today they commemorated the 50th anniversary of the 1963 conclave with a multi-Pope special.

Oi! Get your own material!

forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64940983&postcount=54