Options

I highly doubt that the twins will win..

digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I personally think they're great, but my friends and family cannot stand them because of their arrogance.

You can say they aren't arrogant and it's just confidence but let's face it, some of the things that, Karissa in particular, is saying are not doing them any favours with the public.
"If we face eviction the public will definitely save us" is just one example..

When watching I find my family tutting and rolling their eyes at what they say in the diary room, quite the contrary to how they love Natalie and everything she says and does. Clearly they haven't picked up on her sly game playing as they focus on the arrogant comments coming from the twins.

They are obviously intelligent but I don't think they're thinking about what they say and how it may appear to most viewers.
(Yes I'm aware that my friends and family do not represent the public as a whole, but I haven't seen much support for the twins anywhere other than here..)

Comments

• Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love for them to win, but I agree that the general public may not take to them.

It's just a cultural thing - from what I've noticed, people in the UK aren't as open braggarts as we in the West are.
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digichant wrote: »
    They are obviously intelligent but I don't think they're thinking about what they say and how it may appear to most viewers.

Maybe they are just "being themselves".

They have had and will have some memorable moments but that's all it will amount to.

There is no way they will even reach the final ahead of Natalie, Denise, Gareth, Frankie and possibly Romeo.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh they are deffo arrogant as opposed to confidant and they will never endear themselves to the public! They'll likely be booed hideously when they leave, but I think they're brilliant telly!

I find the refreshingly honest! Some other housemates think they themselves are refreshingly honest but they are being a bit weasly and dishonest IMO!
  • Options
    Tarquin84Tarquin84 Posts: 1,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    I would love for them to win, but I agree that the general public may not take to them.

It's just a cultural thing - from what I've noticed, people in the UK aren't as open braggarts as we in the West are.

'You' in the West? I think the UK is in the West, too. Typical American lacking knowledge of the rest of the world. :p
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Oh they are deffo arrogant as opposed to confidant and they will never endear themselves to the public! They'll likely be booed hideously when they leave, but I think they're brilliant telly!

I find the refreshingly honest! Some other housemates think they themselves are refreshingly honest but they are being a bit weasly and dishonest IMO!

I'd really hate them to leave with boos :/
  • Options
    Peel my OrangePeel my Orange Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweh wrote: »

I agree, being a yank myself, this is normal competitive behavior for us.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarquin84 wrote: »
    'You' in the West? I think the UK is in the West, too. Typical American lacking knowledge of the rest of the world. :p

Fiiiirstttllyyy - I'm Canadian! lol

And I personally refer to anything/anywhere EAST of the Atlantic Ocean as well, the East! :p

Exactly! That's why I don't see it as a big deal at allll.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arrogant or self-confident? Their downfall may be that being twins we can hear them discussing what the others are only thinking to themselves.

I like them a lot, but unfortunately somebody like Frankie is more likely to win as he is popular with the young girl voters.
  • Options
    Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Americans are just super, super confident. Not their fault. However, I still don't like the twins and I agree with your friends and family!
  • Options
    Tarquin84Tarquin84 Posts: 1,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But how is saying things like 'if we're up for eviction we'll be saved' competitive behaviour? How does that help one to win any type of competition? E.g., if I'm running the 100 metres and I say 'I'm going to win this thing, guaranteed', it doesn't help me win, imo.

Note: I don't mind the twins at all really.
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem quite nice and are much more open and friendly than they were when they went in. They seem to get on with most people. Hope they get into the Top 3 at least.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the twins, they are much more interesting than I thought they would be on launch night. I very much doubt that they will win though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    I think they`v been great HM`s...very watchable....My dream scenario for tonight is that Michael is saved....but there is a twist...Instead of Michael choosing who to put up on Friday...he has to choose another HM to make that decision...and in my dreams he chooses the twins....Their nominations would undoubtedly stir things up
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    Arrogant or self-confident? Their downfall may be that being twins we can hear them discussing what the others are only thinking to themselves.

I like them a lot, but unfortunately somebody like Frankie is more likely to win as he is popular with the young girl voters.

That didn't get Jedward the win!
  • Options
    SourGrapesSourGrapes Posts: 4,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they make the final - I think they'd go quite far in it if they did, can't see them winning but top 3 is realistic. They'd struggle in a head-to-head eviction against a lot of the others though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Tarquin84 wrote: »
    But how is saying things like 'if we're up for eviction we'll be saved' competitive behaviour? How does that help one to win any type of competition? E.g., if I'm running the 100 metres and I say 'I'm going to win this thing, guaranteed', it doesn't help me win, imo.

Note: I don't mind the twins at all really.

These girls are playing the game. We didn't hear the whole conversation but I bet what they said is part of their plan. They know their up next. I just think they want to be up with Nicola.
  • Options
    STUPID CUPIDSTUPID CUPID Posts: 2,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they will win but they have been highly watchable brilliant hms.
    I really hope they get to the final as they deserve to.
    When they first came in I thought they were boring and had nothing to say for themselves.
    How wrong I was.Lol.