Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    I don't believe for a millisecond greedy boy has contributed a single, solitary penny from his own personal bank account!! Nope, nadda, never. Any links to prove the contrary and I will stand humbly corrected!

Now now BEL. I think you're being too harsh. Tangoman has contributed a lot. Don't forget he's offered to serenade a lucky, lucky person and they get to have dinner with the the very man himself, too. Forget fundraising the old fashioned way, like say walking the length of Ireland a la Ronan Keating, eh?!

Oops I feel ashamed now:blush:

Too late to nominate him for a Pride of Britain award?
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

How long ago did he set up his foundation? When he first set it up he put "Will raise" of course he did, that's what it was set up to do, to raise funds. You yourself have berated him on many an occasion for not updating the details on the foundation.

The Cancer Research UK website says his foundation is funding the bus..not "will be". Personally, I think a well established and well respected organization like CR is the most reliable source of info.:)

Nicola, I'm not arguing this, you choose to believe he has part funded the service out of his own pocket, I see nothing to indicate that this is the case and have explained why I think this. And it's certainly not his MO to do something like this without publicising it. Let's agree to disagree.

Don't blame you for laughing though at my suggestion that his foundation is a reliable source of info though. :cool::D
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £83000.00

http://www.peterandrefoundation.com/petes-champions/

Very well done his Champions.

ETA: Cazzz I only quoted your 2nd post, I don't know how the 1st post appeared.:confused:

Well done to all those who raised such an amazing amount ...
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops I feel ashamed now:blush:

Too late to nominate him for a Pride of Britain award?

Oh God BEL, don't. That would satisfy far too many of PA's pathetic little philanthropist fantasies. The insincere, patronising humble-bragging which would inevitably ensue would be utterly cringe-worthy (and possibly also hilarious).
    Forum Member
    I have no bloody idea.
    Hence my question.
    Honestly, I think the least logical explanation is the one that involves Peter Andre funding it from his own pocket.
    Because if that was the case, there is no flipping way that the news of his generosity wouldn't have somehow "leaked out", more than likely thanks to his good, good mate Dan Wooden.
    And even if PA had suddenly come over all humble, you can bet your bottom dollar that CR would be (rightly) thanking him publicly for such a gesture.

And that would be the biggest "if" ever!!!
    cazzz wrote: »
    I don't know. Could be any of the following:

1. PA has paid out of his own pocket and asked for no publicity, no pap shot with a large cheque. (well don't Pete if that's the case)
    2. The charity is still waiting for the funds to roll in as and when PA's charity is able to release the money raised.
    3. Only the money raised by the Champions has been handed over to date.
    4. Peter is paying on the drip each week.

I've probably missed out something else,:blush: anyone can feel free to reply

Nicola I really don't know the answer, hence my original question. I am not doubting the charity info about PA funding the busses, just have they already been fully funded or is it all still ongoing...that's all.

Option 4...........:D:D
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    5. CR UK is making up the shortfall out of their other funds.

According PA's Foundation website the Foundation will fund the London and North West buses, but according to CR's website it is funding the London bus. Presumably, insufficient funds to fund the North West one as yet. £83,000 will go surprisingly quickly for funding those buses - paying staff, fuel, maintenance, equipment, printing leaflets etc.
    The really sad thing about the PA Foundation page on the CR website, is the first thing it says in bold is that the charity was set up in memory of Peter's brother Andrew. It's just down the page from the Marie Keating Foundation. I'll never stop being astonished that he named a charity in memory of his brother after himself.
    The Jenson Button Trust is on there, but that wasn't set up in anyone's memory and it works with a number of causes.

Well done to those who actually raised money.

BIB is a reasonable explaination
    Forum Member
    Oh God BEL, don't. That would satisfy far too many of PA's pathetic little philanthropist fantasies. The insincere, patronising humble-bragging which would inevitably ensue would be utterly cringe-worthy (and possibly also hilarious).

Definitely a mixture of lots of:blush::blush: & :D:D

Can you imagine the prep for his acceptance speech!:o
  • HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He really is just so totally insincere. I can just picture the scene when he drives off from the local Asda after doing a signing for his latest pong - and as soon as the people carrier driven by Carl, pulls off you can just imagine him saying 'thank flip that's over with', of course this would be sans camera crew! Mr nice, affable, friendly, good guy Pete my ass!! Edited to say this is not a FACT, but merely MHO!!!;-)

The good thing is we have lots of laughs coming up any day now. I've never looked more forward to an album release as much as BIg NIght. I'd say there's no burial for this thread any time soon for that reason alone! Fun times ahead, detractors!:D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will anyone take one for the team and download Big Night just to see how bad it is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Will anyone take one for the team and download Big Night just to see how bad it is?

Maybe his great friend Dan Wootton could arrange, along with MMC, for it to come free with the Sun on Sunday one weekend? It will be then found in all good charity shops several days later. Save ourselves the £5.99 download fee.
    Forum Member

I'd like to nominate Hmmbop, look at her pretending she's going to loathe it, when in fact, she'll be pacing the floor waiting for it to be released.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I applaud his fans for raising £85k ( including donations on the foundation just giving page) it will not be enough to fully fund the buses... But it will help and I'm sure CR will have a contingency plan as they couldn't be sure the foundation would make the full amount ( no one can )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to nominate Hmmbop, look at her pretending she's going to loathe it, when in fact, she'll be pacing the floor waiting for it to be released.;-)

In the interests of the life span of the suffering thread, I goggled the release date. From memory, I think it's the 26th May. Fantastic news. That's a bank holiday weekend and I will play it on a loop all afternoon.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the interests of the life span of the suffering thread, I goggled the release date. From memory, I think it's the 26th May. Fantastic news. That's a bank holiday weekend and I will play it on a loop all afternoon.

Thats half term week here - I'll be in Spain what a disappointment I'll miss the launch :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats half term week here - I'll be in Spain what a disappointment I'll miss the launch :cry:

I will be in south of France ...so will miss the launch as well...:cry::cry::cry:
    Forum Member

Why not have a "Big Night" party? Album of the decade being released, why not celebrate it?:D
    Forum Member
    I will be in south of France ...so will miss the launch as well...:cry::cry::cry:

I'll be at Hmmbop's:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not have a "Big Night" party? Album of the decade being released, why not celebrate it?:D

Will you be able to do a link so I can join in? I'd hate to miss out on a party
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be at Hmmbop's:D

Me too:D I'll bring wine and chocolate:p
    Forum Member

As long as Hmmbop agrees to the party & you promise to learn the words of every track (audience participation) I don't see why not.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o
    What the **** is wrong with you people?
    Forum Member

Marvellous! :D
    Forum Member
    :o
    What the **** is wrong with you people?

Now now Az, don't be a party poop. I'll be picking you up, be ready!

Right I must go, if I keep talking about "Big Night's" release, I'll be too excited to sleep!
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D
    They absolutely are.
    So why haven't they mentioned that Tangoman is funding the buses from his own pocket?

Why would they need to do that? The money comes to them via The Peter Andre Foundation...so all they need to state is that the foundation is supplying the funds. I doubt they feel the need to ask PA where every single penny comes from.

By the same token then, if it were true as some on here are suggesting that CR are making up the shortfall from other funds...why don't they state..

The Peter Andre Foundation is helping us to fund the London bus?

If you want to be pedantic about it.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How wonderful. A BIg NIght themed party at hmmbops it is. Hopefully the weather will be good, and I'll bring the speakers outside and we can sing along, full blast, in full big band/swing mode. Dress accordingly please. As tangoman has gone for a new sophisticated styleeee, we will also have quite a strict dress code, too. And the only alcohol permitted is champagne and the finest Swiss chocolate. I think that is only fitting with TM's new classy image.

Thing is, I'm good friends with all my neighbours. I don't want to upset them, and if they hear the music we're celebrating, they might not like me anymore! However, It's a risk I'm prepared to take. I'm sure once they've heard it on a loop, they'll come to love it, too!

:D
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now now Az, don't be a party poop. I'll be picking you up, be ready!

Right I must go, if I keep talking about "Big Night's" release, I'll be too excited to sleep!

You know, I'd only just taken off my camouflage gear, seeing as the war seems to have been called off - but if you're coming to look for me to drag me to some hideous Tangoman-themed night in hell, I'm putting it back on again.
    And changing my name by deed poll.
    And growing my moustache.
    And moving house.
This discussion has been closed.