Options

Do you think Davina Mccall did the interviews better?

Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
she would really roast the housemates especially the ones from this series. Don't get me wrong I like Emma but I do find her questions quite basic. Don't even get me started on Rylan. Davina was unbiased and said it like it was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wNwZK7nJW0

Comments

• Options
    PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. She sucked too. Neither of them go in hard enough and really ask the questions that people want to know. When she did show signs of upping the line of questioning, she was horribly biased. I remember her disgusting interview with Makosi like yesterday.
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Davina gurned and exaggerated her every gesture.
    Nowhere near as popular and irreplaceable as she thought she was/is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davina became a corporate gurning clown who had lost touch with the fans.

Willis has never had that connection...but has beguiling eyes... :-)
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. She sucked too. Neither of them go in hard enough and really ask the questions that people want to know. When she did show signs of upping the line of questioning, she was horribly biased. I remember her disgusting interview with Makosi like yesterday.

But doesn't that kind of sum up the difficulty of having 'hard' interviews? You felt that her interview with Makosi was too harsh, but to other people that might have been the harsh interview they were waiting for or even not harsh enough; it would be the same with everyone. How could anyone possibly interview someone like Katie H or Perez from this series and satisfy everyone? Who decides what 'the questions people want to know' are? That's surely a no-win situation.

I agree with your frustration though :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BB have yet to find a good interviewer
  • Options
    PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sycamore wrote: »
    But doesn't that kind of sum up the difficulty of having 'hard' interviews? You felt that her interview with Makosi was too harsh, but to other people that might have been the harsh interview they were waiting for or even not harsh enough; it would be the same with everyone. How could anyone possibly interview someone like Katie H or Perez from this series and satisfy everyone? Who decides what 'the questions people want to know' are? That's surely a no-win situation.

I agree with your frustration though :)

Well I see your point. I guess I thought I thought it was just too obvious she didn't like her. It was more her little digs like "oh wow..no shame at all" and side comments that made this apparfent rather than any decent line of tough questioning.
  • Options
    Speckled_HenSpeckled_Hen Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think Davina Mccall did the interviews better?

YES.

Even Brian was better than Emma.
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I'm glad to be rid of the gurning simpering idiot >:(
  • Options
    BonniekiltyBonniekilty Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    BB have yet to find a good interviewer

She doesn`t fit BB`s bill as a presenter for the show but I think Vanessa Feltz would be a good interviewer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    The interviewer is only as good as the interviewee
  • Options
    TeekyPieTeekyPie Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can hardly remember Davina but Emma is terrible. I think Rylan is a natural, he has a way of making interviewees feel comfortable and reveal all. Emma spends way too much time talking about her own opinions. She'll say "so....perez in the house is blablabla...NOT THAT I THINK BLABLABLA....but don't you think blablabla" and the interviewee is left to just say "yeah I guess"
  • Options
    cookincookin Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Could we have a vote and get some 'guest' interviewers?
    I nominate Jeremy Paxman, that'll show them :p
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    I don't miss her, no. Mostly because I don't agree she was unbiased. For the mid-to-late series it became terribly obvious what her take was of most of the HMs she was interviewing.

Around BB9, most people on here wanted her to go. It's possible some have changed their minds, but not me.

I understand people miss her presenting the eviction shows as Epic Events, although probably any presenter would feel a bit silly doing that in recent years as it's retracted - like someone moshing at a Schubert concert.

Possibly people feel that Davina went further off script with interview questions whilst Brian (especially) and Emma stick close to it. But really I'd prefer 2D interviews to eg the barely veiled disappointment at Bex being evicted over Mo in BB9, and the fascination with the nauseating Lubex showmance (that label is sometimes used unfairly but not here).
  • Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    mickmars wrote: »
    Davina gurned and exaggerated her every gesture.
    Nowhere near as popular and irreplaceable as she thought she was/is.
    Oh I loved her rich character! She was very entertaining. Brian Dowling would have been good too if he had loosened up. Emma is OK - a bit shrill...not as bright as Davina I don't think.
  • Options
    boy_number_8boy_number_8 Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma is not hard enough with her interviewing its always like shes too scared to push.

I liked Davina at first but as the years kept going she became less neutral. You could tell if she didnt like someone as she interviewed them quite mean.
    Yet ones she liked (even if the public hated them) she let them off scot free
  • Options
    hearts51hearts51 Posts: 2,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma Willis is garbage at presenting and interviewing I wish she would go back to MTV
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina was amazing at interviews Emma just pussyfoots around the questions
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The interviews have never been good. They have always been superficial and rather biased depending on the editing. In the early series they tried to make them appear more in depth but Davina and Emma are much of a muchness. It makes no difference who is asking the questions. The presenter just does as directed by the producers.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hearts51 wrote: »
    Emma Willis is garbage at presenting and interviewing I wish she would go back to MTV

But doesn't Emma just ask the questions she's given? Or does she ask her own questions?
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was a good presenter but a rubbish interviewer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I think Emma Willis is the most over-rated presenter on tv. makes so many mistakes and I find her too cheesy, awkward and unlikeable. she is without a shadow of a doubt the worst interviewer I have seen on the show though
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The way she treated Rachel in the post-finale edition of Big Brother's Big Mouth in BB9 was dreadful as well
  • Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    The way she treated Rachel in the post-finale edition of Big Brother's Big Mouth in BB9 was dreadful as well
    So is Davina to be judged by the one or 2 times she got it wrong or appraised for her body of work overall? I thought she was really great and I miss her presenting the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Davina was better - but Davina WAS Big Brother!

I still like Emma though, she has a great big personality and is doing great IMO.

She always had big shoes to fill, if you compare her with Davina.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina is a total different calibre of presenter and interviewer, puts everyone else into shame! Miss her so much!