I don't get the Britney backlash...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 921
Forum Member
✭✭
I find the backlash for Britney's performance last night ridiculous. I personally thought it was a fantastic performance, the Circus theme was fanatastic and the choreography was really cool. :D

Yes, she didn't sing live but I'm sorry it was completely ridiculous to assume she would. Britney has ALWAYS been an amazing performer, and singing live would have completely taken away from her performance. Also, Womanizer is NOT a song to be sung live, not even the best singer could pull it off.

On top of that, both her performances in the Bambi awards and Star Academy weren't live. Trust me, if she sung live it would have been a tragic performance.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    was awful.Not live and the dancing was all over the place
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because she's famous and the public have a backlash against her because of the gossip magazines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,285
    Forum Member
    She was allllright. There's been a lot of non-Live singers on the shows, what's so different about BS?
  • Steady40Steady40 Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrissy101 wrote: »
    I find the backlash for Britney's performance last night ridiculous. I personally thought it was a fantastic performance, the Circus theme was fanatastic and the choreography was really cool. :D

Yes, she didn't sing live but I'm sorry it was completely ridiculous to assume she would. Britney has ALWAYS been an amazing performer, and singing live would have completely taken away from her performance. Also, Womanizer is NOT a song to be sung live, not even the best singer could pull it off.

On top of that, both her performances in the Bambi awards and Star Academy weren't live. Trust me, if she sung live it would have been a tragic performance.

about 95% of celebs are given harsh treatment on these forums and this site has the most vicious people i have come across, so take it with a pinch of salt:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why they decided to have a Britney Spears week at all.

Unless she was going cheap, maybe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in two minds about it. I didn't expect Britney to sing live, since she never has and her act has been very much performance orientated over the years. However the dancing was significantly lacking in every aspect (she was out of time and didn't seem to know her own moves). As a former gymnast and dancer, I would've expected Britney's management and father to ensure she was well rehearsed in what I would call her 'original talents', since the singing seemed to be something of a by-product of the Britney brand. She looked a lot healthier and happier than she did at last years VMAs, if a little zoned out when Dermot interviewed her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    she seemed under rehearsed, her last best song she sang was toxic,from there its all been downhill.I think people wanted more
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She couldn't even walk properly in those boots she had on :D The whole thing was cringeworthy, disappointing and basically a waste of time.
  • Geelong CatGeelong Cat Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see her back performing, even if it wasn't all that great - the way the media have taken such delight in her breakdown is pretty awful, IMO...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The performance was good, she seemed full of energy and the womanizer remix is hot. People are always going to hate on her.
  • Billy NomatesBilly Nomates Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    To be fair, she was almost as good as she was at the MTV awards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her spirit was back, it was great to see her smile and enjoy it, she got really into it by the end. :)

I thought she was singing but with backtracking, you could only hear her live voice at a few parts.

But anyway I thought she did great. :)

The backlash is a result of the entire irrelevant celebrity-crazed media propaganda (:eek: ) - if people just look at the facts surrounding her career is plain to see shes doing something right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, she was almost as good as she was at the MTV awards.

LOL! :D

Depends if you are talking about the legendary (and live ironically) performance with Madonna or the disastrous one last year? :eek:

If its the later, that performance deserved backlash, this one however, doesn't. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member

I'm not a Britney fan, don't know much of her music, just a couple of the most popular (mainly from their airings on X Factor et al).

I've seen lots of news items about her tragic times though and was hoping to see her do well - I'm sorry, she didn't. I thought it was pretty dire, ignoring the miming, I thought she just seemed to be 'going through the motions'. She didn't seem to be particularly enthusiastic about her performance and I ended up wondering why she bothered.

Next year (if they insist on keeping these ridiculous theme weeks) I'd like to see an Anastacia week, I thought she was superb on 'Here come the Girls' last week.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member

Why would it be ridiculous to think a "singer" would sing live.
    Alexander did the moves and a live vocal-Give me one good reason why Britney couldn't-and dont bother with the "she's had recent troubles" nonsense excuse because she's always mimed most of her live shows since the very beginning.
    Peoples quite strange acceptance of the lack of "live" singing at a "live concert" is one of the reasons why rock music is fashionable again-Because they can actually play "live".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    If you're a singer, then sing.

If you're a dancer, then dance.

If you can do both, then do both.

If you can only do one at a time, then do that, with the exclusion of the other. If not, you are cheating your fans because it's false. It's not real. It's false representation.

If you don't mind paying to see something that is a partial lie, then more fool you.

Would you watch a stage play where the actors mimed in case they forgot their lines? Same thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nomy wrote: »
    If you're a singer, then sing.

If you're a dancer, then dance.

If you can do both, then do both.

If you can only do one at a time, then do that, with the exclusion of the other. If not, you are cheating your fans because it's false. It's not real. It's false representation.

If you don't mind paying to see something that is a partial lie, then more fool you.

Would you watch a stage play where the actors mimed in case they forgot their lines? Same thing.

You just shot your own argument in the foot, she can do both but not effectively both, she can do one but not the other.

By her usual standards it was nothing special, but you've got to remember shes been mentally and physically out of the game for a while, its not as if shes just suddenly became lazy.

Her stage presence was back though, in essence, but the technicalities of her dancing etc. need work, again that will come the more she does it.

It's like criticizing somebody thats bad or not at a certain standard at their job when they have been away and unemployed for 5 years.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an embarrassment.
  • TipptopTipptop Posts: 991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the worst performance imaginable from Britney on the X Factor tonight. What the hell was that about?

She had to be miming because the camera's never got close enough to her face and at several points she was shown to be mouthing faster than the tape track. She also tried to say 'Thank You' at the end of the performance but it was obvious her microphone was off.

At least you knew Miley Cyrus sang live because some twit forgot to turn up her microphone at the beginning.

Unlike previous guests, Take That and M Carey, she offered no coaching to fans and spoke about 3 sentences to Dermot. We were told she was watching the entire show and yet she was able to avoid mentioning the name of a single person in the entire show.

It was built up as a comeback show and yet she performed barely one song before running off as fast as she could.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    have completely taken away from her performance. Also, Womanizer is NOT a song to be sung live, not even the best singer could pull it off.

Very true. Actually last night proved that any Britney song is not supposed to be sung live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Britney and was glad to see her smiling although I don't think she should have been after that performance!
  • tonyslimtonyslim Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Over hyped, very average dancing, bad miming.

XF should stick to live singing and although she has been ill why get her to perform when she cleary is not well.

These so called superstars should remember where they came from and who put them where they are now. The fans
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Britney CAN sing live and dance at the same time. I really wish she would have, in order to avoid this situation.

Oh well. I'm sure Britney and her team have learned their lesson.

Anyway, can't wait till this whole mess blows away and she proves why she deserves to be a superstar. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Tipptop wrote: »
    Unlike previous guests, Take That and M Carey, she offered no coaching to fans and spoke about 3 sentences to Dermot. We were told she was watching the entire show and yet she was able to avoid mentioning the name of a single person in the entire show.

It was built up as a comeback show and yet she performed barely one song before running off as fast as she could.

She really is overhyped. Mariah is much bigger than Britney and still gave her time to the show, while Britney can't be arsed yet the show treated her like a goddess. Very strange.
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well since coming back she has done what 3 performances one in Germany one in France and the other one on the X factor, Britney just needs to get ride of her nervures and some of that performance rust.