The Big Holby City Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a bit of non-relevant information about the actress who plays Daisha, for anyone who might be interested: she's distantly related to the Queen Mother, and therefore to the Royal Family (a third cousin of Prince Charles, or something like that).

Not that that makes me like her character any better!

ha ha that is so random!
    but you are right it doesnt make her character any better. she just seemed far too happy to have the evening off from baby joe. despite the fact that she hadnt even looked after him at all during the day!!

and mark is getting more and more creepy. i think we will see it turn abit weird soon if daisha gets a boyfriend or something. it might go abit rosemarys baby lol
  • theAREtheARE Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Clifford fans note that Peter Wingfield currently has a very meaty role in the new series of 24.

So he's doing pretty well for himself since leaving Holby!
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh bloody hell I cant take it any longer. Yet another episode tonight about bloody Linden and his bloody personal crisis..Why oh why do we have to be subjected to this every week. Also what is up with this woman and the 2 men fighting over her? This storyline is nearly going on as long as the Tans :mad:
  • diamonddogsdiamonddogs Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if I missed some vital bit of info here, but how come Ric won't operate on the smoking fat man, but gave a rollicking to that mod doctor because he wrote off the junkie as a scumbag?
  • Amber27Amber27 Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know the name of the piano music that was played in tonights episode?
  • daniel hallidaydaniel halliday Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amber27 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the piano music that was played in tonights episode?

if you find out please let me know, wonderful episode, the OH still has tears in her eyes, i'm sure everyone has some kind of experience with people who have been stabbed and this will have brought back memories, well acted,written and a credit to the team, Ric may not be standing down as i feel he will not get Connie's support, her reaction to his speech said it all,:cry:
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Sorry if I missed some vital bit of info here, but how come Ric won't operate on the smoking fat man, but gave a rollicking to that mod doctor because he wrote off the junkie as a scumbag?

Because he was told to stop smoking as it would interfere with the anaesthetic. The operation couldn't go on.
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was proving a point to both the junior doc and the board geezer about principles and the Hippocratic Oath.

As a doctor you save a life if you can. The junkie by surgery and the fat smoker by not allowing surgery.

That Ric's a wise old dude.....sometimes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Right, so this is the thread I need to be in?

Did anybody notice how Ric's speech at the end was clearly a nod to Obama?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    He's not responding

OK, call it. Time of death 00:06hrs
    :eek:
  • CybesVybesCybesVybes Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    I'd love to know this too - wasn't it gorgeous?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CybesVybes wrote: »
    I'd love to know this too - wasn't it gorgeous?

Ludovico Einaudi: Dietro Casa

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X8fprSH8Eik

:cool:
  • Amber27Amber27 Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    The Guv wrote: »

Thank you so much - it's beautiful :).
  • CybesVybesCybesVybes Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    The Guv wrote: »

You star! Thank you. :)
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    Oh bloody hell I cant take it any longer. Yet another episode tonight about bloody Linden and his bloody personal crisis..Why oh why do we have to be subjected to this every week. Also what is up with this woman and the 2 men fighting over her? This storyline is nearly going on as long as the Tans :mad:

His character is as interesting as a piece of a stale piece of bread. As for the women and the 2 men, she left yesterday so hopefully that will be the end of that.
  • SammieSquirrelSammieSquirrel Posts: 931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsparadox wrote: »
    Is Sam coming back? :(

Not in the near future.
    Does anyone have info on Tina Hobleys return?
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rxprn wrote: »

Really? Back months ago when they need to put the idea in the script, write up the other characters involved and then get the actors to do it in film, etc, etc, they knew Obama was going to win the election? Wow I need to contact them to find out about future lottery numbers! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    Really? Back months ago when they need to put the idea in the script, write up the other characters involved and then get the actors to do it in film, etc, etc, they knew Obama was going to win the election? Wow I need to contact them to find out about future lottery numbers! ;)

um we did know a couple months ago obama had won the election.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rxprn wrote: »

Kinda lost interest and wasn't really listening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His character is as interesting as a piece of a stale piece of bread. As for the women and the 2 men, she left yesterday so hopefully that will be the end of that.
    Every character has their weeks when their crisis is played out. Some just take a bit longer than others to get through, life's like that sometimes.

The coma woman's situation gave Linden food for thought and helped him to resolve his issues. If she was only in a coma for one episode some would say it was unrealistic and the eventual outcome wouldn't have let us know that some people are users and selfish even when their life hangs by a string.

Soon there will be some other doctor or staff hogging the screen time and you'll be thinking Linden wasn't that bad. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Okay who wants to be a star? I missed last night's episode, and I can't watch videos on my laptop (God knows why). Anyway... Can anyone basically summarise ANYTHING that was important??? TY!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years back on Brookside they had a couple of characters talking about Diana's accident and mentioned that they would be watching the funeral the following day. I thought that was pretty clever and respectful of the producers, no other soap managed it.

It doesn't take much to film an extra scene and slot it in just before transmission.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay who wants to be a star? I missed last night's episode, and I can't watch videos on my laptop (God knows why). Anyway... Can anyone basically summarise ANYTHING that was important??? TY!!
    Maddie looked gorgeous as per usual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Maddie looked gorgeous as per usual.

Of Course! LOL!

But... What happened... any male action??? (with maddy,of course...... *shifty looks*
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love Linden's constant agonising, and his continually furrowed brow. Long may it continue! He's like a tormented Mr Darcy figure.
This discussion has been closed.