X Factor 2010 Launch show - Auditions Round 1 - ITV1 - 7.30pm (No spoilers)

1505152535456»

Comments

• rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    that was funny. i love it how louis can get away with saying this kind of stuff
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    LOL:D

I liked how mad she was. There are some who are put through and shown just to be entertaining and entertaining she definitely was!

That girl who was in a duo with a guy and he was terrible, I think it was all done on purpose, she had an okay singing ability but nothing special so they made it out like that so that he steps away and she then sings alone all for dramatic effect, its all rehearsed beforehand.

The girl in G&S had a nice voice, the guy was terrible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    i wanna see the girl punching her friend in the face, that looks like one hell of an audition.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack762 wrote: »
    i wanna see the girl punching her friend in the face, that looks like one hell of an audition.

It was only on for a split second followed by the judges reaction to it. Probably on youtube already lol
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auditionees should never try songs sung which are linked to other contestants - Dance With My Father will always be linked to Joe with the show.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo: aged 21...............................
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bloke singing Dance with my father went to my school :eek: I can't believe it!
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Auditionees should never try songs sung which are linked to other contestants - Dance With My Father will always be linked to Joe with the show.

You'd run out of songs though wouldn't you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought more 41! ;)
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts:

Gamu was really good but she didn't showcase the voice she apparently has. I loved how she changed the song's lyrics though. Shows a sign of artistry and creativity. She has a lovely personality too.

Katie was amazing! I love her personality and image. She's hardly arrogant and I have no idea why people are saying she is! :confused:

Shalina was just bizarre. :D The funniest audition ever! :D
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    You'd run out of songs though wouldn't you?

I don't think so - not many songs are really linked to a contestant. Some are admittedly, like Jamie with Sex on Fire/Radio GaGa or Joe with Dance With My Father - but others can be tried again. Take Patience, even though it was sung by Diana I don't think many people will immediately link the performance with her if someone else tries it.
    Forum Member
    I liked Katie, she was good :)
    Shalina was hilarious :D
    Songs will be linked with certain contestants yeah - eg Rhydian and Somewhere (IMO).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    that guy is funny :D

He was :D but they edited out some of his really funny bits like when he overheard Simon making a joke about it being obvious she worked on Burger King and went raging with Simon. :o:D
  • Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They just missed a bit off, should have been "Jo: aged 21 in 1944"
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Was good last year but cant get into it. Maybe im tired of the format and they are putting less stupid acts on this year which was the main reason for watching
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,714
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I didnt enjoy tonight's show at all. It was so obvious something was missing and that something was Dannii. I didnt watch the show before Dannii joined and I can honestly say I wouldnt watch it if she left. It just didnt have that sparkle without her and I am counting down the weeks till her return.

Also, I like that Cheryl seems to have had a personality transplant. Instead of being a people pleaser and agreeing with the crowd, she was actually honest in tonight's show, sometimes even criticising contestants without being nasty, that's what I would expect from Dannii but not from Cheryl.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Well I really enjoyed tonight !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was quite good last night. They maybe could have trimmed down the time given to the poor acts, but it was nice to see so many talented singers in Glasgow this time (Gamu, Lynn & Mark).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed last night :) i've missed it alot!
  • kopy-loverkopy-lover Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    The was NO AUTOTUNING.

She hit the notes powerfully right at the start altering the position of her larynx which gives an Autotune effect.

It's a vocal style. It wasn't electronic.

People need to get over themselves on this forum with "fakery" and "autotune".

THERE IS *NO* AUTOTUNE ON ANY OF TONIGHTS VOCALS SO STOP SAYING THERE IS.
    My mate is James Cameron.

He says there isn't any auto tune.

I'm a digital audio and music expert and I'm confirming there isn't.

How to make a fool of yourself! :D classic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    I just caught up with Xtra Factor, and I'm loving the Huq. I still miss Holly a bit though. Konnie needs to be on TV a lot more, she almost disappeared after Blue Peter.

We'll have to see how the series goes, but it looks promising.

By the way, does anyone else think that "Delving into Dermot" sounds like the sort of thing Louis should be involved with? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Me too, I think the Huq is great and really brings a lot to the show. I loved it when she was teaching Simon to speak bengouli LOL!!