Supernatural Season 9 coming to e4 in January.

Comments

• THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Not that I'd watch them again, but will they also have the rights to other seasons that freeview viewers have missed?
    whats the point it hasent been on freeview since itv2 droped it after season 4 we have missed 4 seasons
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Living still has the rights to the earlier seasons, well they were repeating season 7 on Living iT every weekday night. I thought they might start season 8 straight after but the didn't.

I do remember when Living bought Supernatural they did show from season one before continuing on with the new seasons about a year after they showed in the US. But I think E4 seem to just be going with season 9. If they should it weekly, then season 10 will have finished in the US, and I suspect they will have a break on E4 before starting season 10 anyway. So looks like it will be the same as Living we get the new season from the US a year after they should it.

ROTCOD the point is people still watch the show in the UK(it has a cult following), most have digital Sky or Virgin, many just bought the boxsets and others well they found it online from other places at the US pace.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    many just bought the boxsets and others well they found it online from other places at the US pace.

The boxset season 1-8 blu-ray seems to have gone up in price recently. I bought it for a little over £40 but now it £79 :o. It certainly pays to keep an eye out and buy at the right time.

EDIT: The price is now in fact £62, the £79 was for a different package (same programmes) - still a big increase though.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one other good thing about this is that I guess WB will release the DVD/BluRay over here.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    I really am stupidly excited about this. The last time I watched it on my own TV, as I have no fancy channels, it was on ITV2. Must have been a long, long time ago.

Any idea how far the UK will be behind the US from January? 15 or 16 months or thereabouts?

The first episode of Season 9 was shown in the States on October 8 2013 so we will be just under 15 months behind
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah not having Sky, its been a few years since ive watched it, ITV 2 stopped S3 or S4, so I would be more inclined to watch if E4, could do a catch up of S1 - S8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of promos for when Season 9 was shown in the States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdxUcIxf28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3anPgm0NQXY
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    This is awesome. Still don't understand why there has to be such a huge gap between US and UK though. We already know what's going to happen by the time it hits UK air. Unless you're like a ninja and manage to avoid spoilers. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJBounce wrote: »
    This is awesome. Still don't understand why there has to be such a huge gap between US and UK though. We already know what's going to happen by the time it hits UK air. Unless you're like a ninja and manage to avoid spoilers. :(

TBF it's not E4's fault this time, the massive gap for Supernatural can be placed squarely at Sky's door. They would air it the summer after it began in the states and often have to double up the episodes to get it finished before the DVD came out.

Hopefully, E4 will treat it better and we'll claw that gap right back.

If there's a season 11 of course;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one other good thing about this is that I guess WB will release the DVD/BluRay over here.

The Season 9 blu-ray does work over here, I'm not sure about the DVD if you don't have a multi-region player. You probably need to get this from the US (say Amazon.com), the price is a fair bit more to get from the UK. Here is the Amazom.com listing of the one I bought.http://www.amazon.com/Supernatural-Season-Blu-ray-Jared-Padalecki/dp/B00FEVZEY2/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    The Season 9 blu-ray does work over here, I'm not sure about the DVD if you don't have a multi-region player. You probably need to get this from the US (say Amazon.com), the price is a fair bit more to get from the UK. Here is the Amazom.com listing of the one I bought.http://www.amazon.com/Supernatural-Season-Blu-ray-Jared-Padalecki/dp/B00FEVZEY2/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

Yeah, I was going to go that way about a month ago but decided to hang on a bit. Glad I did now because it should sell for about £20 when it shows up here. Not going for BluRay unless I have to, mostly because it won't match the sets I already have and it would wind me up looking at them on the shelf:blush::D
  • THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i lost intrest after they killed of meg2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I was going to go that way about a month ago but decided to hang on a bit. Glad I did now because it should sell for about £20 when it shows up here. Not going for BluRay unless I have to, mostly because it won't match the sets I already have and it would wind me up looking at them on the shelf:blush::D

Ordering from the States mine (blu-ray) cost £20.49 including postage, the DVD would have been an extra $10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great news. although for those that have access to US netflix the entire season 9 along with the rest is on there.
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Used to love this show, I remember the 'scary just got sexy' adverts on ITV2 got me hooked. Must have been what..2005/2006? Would have been when Lost first aired on CH4 anyway as they were the 2 shows that got me into US series'

Have the first 5 series on DVD, but lost interest sometime after living started showing it a year behind. Abit fuzzy about what happened in the last couple of series living aired, but will definitely start re-watching now that it's back on TV.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S9 starts on Jan 6th at 10pm.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts tonight at 10pm on E4 straight after the season 2 premiere of The 100.

Interesting to find out what the ratings will be for it. Hope it's a success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Starts tonight at 10pm on E4 straight after the season 2 premiere of The 100.

Interesting to find out what the ratings will be for it. Hope it's a success.

Here's hoping people tune in.
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving having it back on tv
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Julian Richings has the perfect look to play Death
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to have Supernatural back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Julian Richings has the perfect look to play Death

I read were he said he was travelling on a plane to a convention and the other passengers were all looking quite concerned at him :o He does play the part very convincingly :D
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supernatural averaged 523k/3.3% last night from the overnights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    wowboy wrote: »
    Supernatural averaged 523k/3.3% last night from the overnights.

Would that be good for their first showing or not?
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deeferone wrote: »
    Would that be good for their first showing or not?

Not sure I think on sky it was 600k. For comparison the 100 did a 1.1m/4.8% before it. Plus the season a year old, so a lot of people would have already watched.