Callum weak ego man

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Did you know that Patsy Kensit once played Angie Best (Calum's mum) in a biopic called Best. Fascinating ;) fact of the day :D

Oh that is interesting, I wonder if they will talk about that
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »
    Oh that is interesting, I wonder if they will talk about that
    I am not sure it's a highlight of her career :D
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Did you know that Patsy Kensit once played Angie Best (Calum's mum) in a biopic called Best. Fascinating ;) fact of the day :D

haha.....great stuff :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    haha.....great stuff :D
    There is a sort of symmetry to it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well you never know :blush::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Good looking guy but seems to have a weak character.

Yes. Though I think the word you are looking for is 'bore'.

Seriously, we need to get the three desperados out asap otherwise they'll just dominate what could potentially be the best CBB ever.

Don't those idiot producers ever learn?
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    Yes. Though I think the word you are looking for is 'bore'.

Seriously, we need to get the three desperados out asap otherwise they'll just dominate what could potentially be the best CBB ever.

Don't those idiot producers ever learn?

I'm very interested in your three bores. Probably a cube combination on my part, but yes you are right ;-):D
  • Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,853
    Forum Member
    So what if he had a famous father, many other children had famous parents and they don't act like self entitled numpties and they go out and get proper jobs, not leech off his fathers past glories.

He reeks of vanity, not an attractive quality in anyone.
    Well he is good looking enough to have coasted on his looks, i.e. he was a successful model. Not excusing...just explaining.

I like him actually - think he is cool and amicable. Any celeb can get uppety from time to time...it doesn't necessarily define them unless it is a constant feature.
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the put down very funny mass community trainers LOL :D

His reaction was dreadful. "I don't follow trends, I set them" yes ok you **** saying that when wearing a generic pair of horrific trainers and going into the show dressed as James Bond.

As is often the case, all looks and no substance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    Well he is good looking enough to have coasted on his looks, i.e. he was a successful model. Not excusing...just explaining.

I like him actually - think he is cool and amicable. Any celeb can get uppety from time to time...it doesn't necessarily define them unless it is a constant feature.
    I agree, so far I've no real objection to him, and he does seem to have a desire to change his life in a positive way. I was reading he'd had some success with a perfume range, I didn't know he'd declared bankruptcy though. I would love it if he didn't go any further than a mild flirtation with Cami, that'd be refreshing :p
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Yep, he's got the fragile ego of a typical narcissist.

He could well be. I noticed how gracious he was at accepting the compliments given to him by Michelle, he was lapping them up. But as soon as someone has a bit of banter with him he transformed into somebody else and could not handle just the slightest of a mickey take at is expense.
    He seems quite humourless when somebody tries to joke with him in a real way, but will chuckle along with somebody as long as the humour is very safe and at a distance from him.

I'm not in any way saying that he's a bad person, he seems like he has a good side, but I think he really could be a narcissist with a very fragile ego who can't accept the tiniest bit of fun being poked at him. I think he could do with learning to laugh at himself a bit. And I don't mean this in a bad way.

This is a person in there who Big Brother could really f*ck with if they wanted to.
  • Options
    StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy's a dick. Leopard can't change its spots.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a little boy in a mans body.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When and where...Japan perhaps, :confused:because I never saw him in any major ad campaigns or runway shows.

I will defer to your knowledge but all I know him for is trading off his fathers name and cultivating a playboy / lothario image. He's so not cool imo.
  • Options
    Rufus KnightsRufus Knights Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Embarrassing the way he reacted to a bit of banter over a pair of bloody trainers. He is totally up his own arse.
  • Options
    Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    There is the connection between Calum and Patsy but I am wondering if there has ever been any 'personal' connection between him and previous BB contestants. Can anyone help me with that, please? Can we look forward to articles in cheap magazines...'My fling with footballer's son and how I paid for his pizza in Marbella'.....

Lesley Brain
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,497
    Forum Member

If not that, then what? Lethal Weapon 2, when she sleeps with Hollywood's favourite drunken racist before sleeping with the fishes or Absolute Beginners; the 80s turkey, that nearly killed the British film industry? :D
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member

I agree. He seems cool. I've seen him on another reality show, think it was that craptastic Love Island show, and can't remember anything particularly bad about his personality but I think the 'love rat' thing might have been a thing cos if memory serves, there was some bother between the girls (maybe that wasn't Callum though....it was years ago).

For delicate egos, watch out for Kavanagh. I've seen him in a few things where he came over as very whiny and with the fragile ego of a hasbeen who was once the next big thing. Must be really hard so I kind of feel sorry for him.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,865
    Forum Member
    There is the connection between Calum and Patsy but I am wondering if there has ever been any 'personal' connection between him and previous BB contestants. Can anyone help me with that, please? Can we look forward to articles in cheap magazines...'My fling with footballer's son and how I paid for his pizza in Marbella'.....

Lesley Brain

You have struck near a point here that I have been turning over in my mind. I am not sure if I am imagining it or not but I perceive this years CBB contestants seem to have been able to research each other to an unprecedented degree.

I thought the premise even with CBB was that no individual knew who else was going in. (allegedly - although there are times when I do wonder if they were booked specifically to provide the foil or fall-guy for another and signed the contract knowing that was the nature of the booking).

When talking to fellow HMs, Perez has said several times that he 'read' or 'read up' on something about them. That wouldn't be such a surprise if he is a journalist of sorts. But I think some of the others seem to have done some homework on/have eluded to having researched, each other prior to opening night too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. He seems cool. I've seen him on another reality show, think it was that craptastic Love Island show, and can't remember anything particularly bad about his personality but I think the 'love rat' thing might have been a thing cos if memory serves, there was some bother between the girls (maybe that wasn't Callum though....it was years ago).

For delicate egos, watch out for Kavanagh. I've seen him in a few things where he came over as very whiny and with the fragile ego of a hasbeen who was once the next big thing. Must be really hard so I kind of feel sorry for him.

I do too Scarlett. I watched Big Reunion and felt he was insecure and needy with some real self esteem issues. I guess it can't be easy to be feted during your formative years when you are developing your own self identity and then get dropped. Just when you have identified yourself as 'this' or with 'this', 'this' vanishes and leaves you floundering to know who you really are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do too Scarlett. I watched Big Reunion and felt he was insecure and needy with some real self esteem issues. I guess it can't be easy to be feted during your formative years when you are developing your own self identity and then get dropped. Just when you have identified yourself as 'this' or with 'this', 'this' vanishes and leaves you floundering to know who you really are.

Hi An *waves*.

Yes, totally. It was sad last night when he was telling an anecdote about the Spice Girls and sharing a manager but he slipped in as an aside (and it wasn't really relevant) that he'd been huge or the next big thing or something.

When I saw him in stuff years ago he still had the big ego of someone who'd not realised his star has fallen. But now he's got the sad air of someone who absolutely knows it's fallen but needs to validate that it once was very bright indeed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi An *waves*.

Yes, totally. It was sad last night when he was telling an anecdote about the Spice Girls and sharing a manager but he slipped in as an aside (and it wasn't really relevant) that he'd been huge or the next big thing or something.

When I saw him in stuff years ago he still had the big ego of someone who'd not realised his star has fallen. But now he's got the sad air of someone who absolutely knows it's fallen but needs to validate that it once was very bright indeed.

*waving back* x

My instinct is to want to take him under my wing and encourage him to learn to validate himself by who he is not what he once did. That way he needn't look to past glory for affirmation, but rather develop a sense of amour proper. A new sense of self yet with an interesting story to tell his grandchildren about his youth.

I do hate the way the music industry takse impressionable young people and then discards them with apparently no sense of responsibility to their inner psyches. I guess they don't see that as their job, but I feel they should take some responsibility for what happens to young people when the industry has finished sucking out their commercial value.
  • Options
    purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not being himself, fearful that the public might not like him..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *waving back* x

My instinct is to want to take him under my wing and encourage him to learn to validate himself by who he is not what he once did. That way he needn't look to past glory for affirmation, but rather develop a sense of amour proper. A new sense of self yet with an interesting story to tell his grandchildren about his youth.

I do hate the way the music industry takse impressionable young people and then discards them with apparently no sense of responsibility to their inner psyches. I guess they don't see that as their job, but I feel they should take some responsibility for what happens to young people when the industry has finished sucking out their commercial value.

Absolutely. They should be warned when they start out 'your star will be high and we'll do what we can to keep it there but it will drop out of the sky eventually so invest wisely, enjoy it, keep your friends and family close, etc".

I read Gary Barlow's autobiography once and he talked about the deep depression and identity crisis when his solo career faded and he was dropped. It's sociopathic how even once huge names can be treated as disposable broken commodities.

I can't imagine how it would feel to one day have girls screaming for you, freebies given to you, the best tables in every restaurant, the press clamouring for stories, everyone telling you how amazing you are, to then be jobless, and at best ignored or at worst ridiculed for, I dunno, being forced to do panto.

You see people say "well go and get a proper job then" but what are they equipped to do outside showbiz? An office junior or retail job? That's depressing even when you HAVEN'T lived the high life. And then there are people who say "welcome to our world" but its surely harder to have tasted that and lose it then never have it at all, cos life is so relative.
  • Options
    blahblahblah57blahblahblah57 Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could well be. I noticed how gracious he was at accepting the compliments given to him by Michelle, he was lapping them up. But as soon as someone has a bit of banter with him he transformed into somebody else and could not handle just the slightest of a mickey take at is expense.
    He seems quite humourless when somebody tries to joke with him in a real way, but will chuckle along with somebody as long as the humour is very safe and at a distance from him.

I'm not in any way saying that he's a bad person, he seems like he has a good side, but I think he really could be a narcissist with a very fragile ego who can't accept the tiniest bit of fun being poked at him. I think he could do with learning to laugh at himself a bit. And I don't mean this in a bad way.

This is a person in there who Big Brother could really f*ck with if they wanted to.

Perfectly put