Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    MeridaMerida Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know who this guest is. But was that the best effort she could make for appearing on television?
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Merida wrote: »
    I don't know who this guest is. But was that the best effort she could make for appearing on television?

Thats a savage hair 'cut'
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no Josie Long 'like' I can't believe 'like' she is back on 'like' :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Oh no Josie Long 'like' I can't believe 'like' she is back on 'like' :(

I have no idea who she is, genuine question, does she has cerebal palsy or something similar?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I have no idea who she is, genuine question, does she has cerebal palsy or something similar?

I saw her 'like' on once before and 'like' she says 'like' in all her sentences constantly 'yeah'.

She is supposedly a comedian and was in Ch4 show "Skins".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw her 'like' on once before and 'like' she says 'like' in all her sentences constantly 'yeah'.

Yes , she does seem to like the word 'like' !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "yeah they were like you like I was stung by a jellyfish like and they were like you know basically like".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "yeah they were like you like I was stung by a jellyfish like and they were like you know basically like".

I am zoning out while she is speaking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I am zoning out while she is speaking.

I will buy you some tickets to her stand up show:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will buy you some tickets to her stand up show:D

OK, I could do with catching up on some sleep :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Ohh like I think err you like I think it's pontification, but errr errr I value freedom of speech, but errr.... I don't know"

Thanks Josie for your valuable contribution there.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to laugh at the caller Kevin who put the phone down on Matthew :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »

Well Matthew was being a journalist arse to be fair, just because he has shown a clip of Pope doesn't mean show before and after but to turn the tables to wait for a publication on Saturday to sway your view is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Ohh like I think err you like I think it's pontification, but errr errr I value freedom of speech, but errr.... I don't know"

Thanks Josie for your valuable contribution there.

If other people found Josie Long as funny as she clearly finds herself she'd be filling stadia and earning Millicans (d'ya see what I did there? :D) and not slumming it on daytime telly to plug her tour.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last caller on that TP was Caroline Finn-Weston. Her album is £8 on Amazon and iTunes...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add the word some to the beginning of your post please :)

I'll add the word "Most".
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    I'll add the word "Most".

Ok only if you must :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Do you remember when Natasha Giggs entered Big Brother....as opposed to the other way round?!"

Klassik from Kev there... :D

The epic dullness that is Donal (have i told you how me and the wife got mugged?) MacIntyre and Suzie Amie next week but the absolutely key question is will The Sick Man of Europe manage two weeks in a row??? Tenterhooks here....
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    That was brilliant though i could almost 'see' it coming! :D

Obviously a viewer familiar with MW's 'put downs' with anyone who dares to disagree. For once someone managed to give him a taste of his own medicine and he didn't like it one bit.

Awful guest. Hardly the most articulate with all those 'yeahs' and 'likes' though i notice this kind of sloppy language spills out among certain posters in DS. She looked as though she'd just crawled out of bed too.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last caller on that TP was Caroline Finn-Weston. Her album is £8 on Amazon and iTunes...

Her album cover looks like a badly lit selfie if they had them in the nineties :o
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member

Did 'Doctor' David Bull actually say that it's ok to wee on a jellyfish sting? I'm sure he did but Matthew started talking over him as usual. Apparently, it makes it worse and you stink of weewee too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/to-pee-or-not-to-pee-red-cross-says-using-urine-on-jellyfish-stings-wont-help-8738107.html
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I had a jellyfish sting in 1980.

Very painful. The little swine was under Llandudno pier.

I can't remember if I peed on it, though I was being advised to by all.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Matthew was being a journalist arse to be fair, just because he has shown a clip of Pope doesn't mean show before and after but to turn the tables to wait for a publication on Saturday to sway your view is just ridiculous.

I think perhaps the caller may have meant that unless you could understand the Pope's own language, we only have the translator's word for what the Pope actually said.

Whatever his reasoning, I think the Pope used unfortunate language, but it was quite funny to have someone put MW in his place and put the phone down on him, as he has done to others so many times!
  • Options
    man in the parkman in the park Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrighty deserved that put down today as he was being a dick of the highest order as he has Been all week. As for Josie long what a waste of space so like glib like you know yeah like glib is my new buzz word and everybody is a terrorist like up free speech like........and so on. Comedian/activist my ass.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked scruffy, and had an annoying habit of staring directly to camera the whole time.

10 out of 10 to tv Kev for his Giggs joke.
This discussion has been closed.