Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Poppysocks wrote: »
    Having seen him be interviewed recently I think he's not too well :(

My mum was saying the same thing. :(
  • poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Didn't Peter Kay appear on the very last episode of Parkinson where he attempted to upstage everyone else, including David Beckham? I find his act funny, but he comes across as a pompous, arrogant arse on everything I've ever seen him being interviewed on. And yes, he was awful on The One Show when he last appeared.

Harry Hill once claimed in all honesty that he had discussed the Amarillo song idea with Al Murray before Peter Kay coincidently did it. It was in a tv interview from a few years back where Hill was out of character.... will try to remember.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pobop wrote: »
    Harry Hill once claimed in all honesty that he had discussed the Amarillo song idea with Al Murray before Peter Kay coincidently did it. It was in a tv interview from a few years back where Hill was out of character.... will try to remember.

Peter Kay is not doing well on this and other forums with his off stage persona! I have seen him on Parky and other interviews, and he does upstage everyone on there without consideration for others.

I read an article where Paddy McGuiness says they don't speak and don't get along>and they haven;t spoken in 6 years. I think that says alot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Connolly was in the news recently for verbally abusing a female photographer at an Irish gig and reducing her to tears. I've often wondered if he is an unpleasant man under the surface....he made a horrible joke about British hostage Ken Bigley and never apologised for it.

Unfortunately, he has lost his comedy edge and hasn't been funny for over a decade now. I think the Bigley joke was the beginning of the end for his comedy career. It was the most awful attempt at a joke - utterly distastful!

I have not heard great things about his gigs these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    I quite agree. Most celebs you can hear both positive and negative tales about. However, positive Cilla stories are rather thin on the ground

Funny that as she appeared on Room 101 and her hate was people who say ' do you know you I am!'. Probably damage limitation, although she did appear to be talking more scouse that usual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debrobsam wrote: »
    Cilla Black up her own **** worked with a lovely man who delivered a new car to her, knocked on the front door and was told in no uncertain terms by her tradesmans entrance was at the back !!! Kept the bouquet of flowers which the company sent, for his wife.

She sounds absolutely vile. There are people saying that she is the rudest and most demanding person in showbiz.. There are literally hundreds of encounters with her all over the internet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a cafe in Brighton once, and who should stroll in? Ken Livingston! And this was when he was major of London! No security or entourage, just him on his own.

Now what he did next was a bit odd - he say right at the back of the cafe (understandable) and ordered and omelette or something similar - but I remember him cutting up all of the food on his plate into tiny little pieces before he ate it. It was really strange. It looked like food you would cut up for a small child.
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I was in a cafe in Brighton once, and who should stroll in? Ken Livingston! And this was when he was major of London! No security or entourage, just him on his own.

Now what he did next was a bit odd - he say right at the back of the cafe (understandable) and ordered and omelette or something similar - but I remember him cutting up all of the food on his plate into tiny little pieces before he ate it. It was really strange. It looked like food you would cut up for a small child.

Maybe he was on a diet? My gf is always on a diet and cuts her food up into really small bits, it helps you lose weight. Apparently :rolleyes:
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cilla Black is very pompous and arrogant - she also wants her monstrous molars sorted out!

She puts on all these airs and graces Ricky Tomlinson like millions of others couldn't stand her.

Cilla never knew what toilet paper was until she was 25! DETEST her!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She sounds absolutely vile. There are people saying that she is the rudest and most demanding person in showbiz.. There are literally hundreds of encounters with her all over the internet.

Why don't the media out the battleaxe? Has she got something on then? They're very good at taking people down a peg or two and she should be a prime target.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I came across a cabin crew forum while idly surfing on the internet, and they have a "celebrity sightings" thread on there.

Interestingly, the one celebrity that they ALL unanimously seem to hate is Cilla Black. There are some quite shocking stories about her on there, apparently she won't even personally address the crew whilst flying, her assistant does it for her :eek:. I don't really believe gossip about celebrities as it's usually just a one sided story, but I think there is just an overwhelming amount of evidence against Cilla, it's quite probable that she is simply a horrible person.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Cilla Black is very pompous and arrogant - she also wants her monstrous molars sorted out!

She puts on all these airs and graces Ricky Tomlinson like millions of others couldn't stand her.

Cilla never knew what toilet paper was until she was 25! DETEST her!

Huh? Don't get the bold bit?
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I came across a cabin crew forum while idly surfing on the internet, and they have a "celebrity sightings" thread on there.

Interestingly, the one celebrity that they ALL unanimously seem to hate is Cilla Black. There are some quite shocking stories about her on there, apparently she won't even personally address the crew whilst flying, her assistant does it for her :eek:. I don't really believe gossip about celebrities as it's usually just a one sided story, but I think there is just an overwhelming amount of evidence against Cilla, it's quite probable that she is simply a horrible person.

I agree, there have been loads of posts on here about her and yes, that cabin Cree thread has been linked in this thread a couple of times.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Didn't Peter Kay appear on the very last episode of Parkinson where he attempted to upstage everyone else, including David Beckham? I find his act funny, but he comes across as a pompous, arrogant arse on everything I've ever seen him being interviewed on. And yes, he was awful on The One Show when he last appeared.

Not sure if it was the same episode but PK did Parky with Bob Monkhouse, one of Monkhouse's last appearances. Its the quietest I've ever seen him, he just sat, laughed and listened in awe.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Not sure if it was the same episode but PK did Parky with Bob Monkhouse, one of Monkhouse's last appearances. Its the quietest I've ever seen him, he just sat, laughed and listened in awe.

Probably realised he'd be totally outclassed by Monkhouse if he opened his mouth and did his usually antics.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huh? Don't get the bold bit?

I think they're thinking, 'Poor childhood with cut-up newspapers in outside bog-hence, why be snobby now?'
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny that as she appeared on Room 101 and her hate was people who say ' do you know you I am!'. Probably damage limitation, although she did appear to be talking more scouse that usual.

I remember this, and I also remember her announcing that's what she'd put in then sitting back and basking in the audience cheering it received. She was lapping it up.

Does anyone else recall a story about her allegedly causing a contestant on Blind Date to burst into tears due to her rudeness off camera? The contestant went to the papers with the story.
  • kjh84kjh84 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul Young - very rude

Junior Simpson - lovely & polite

Huggy Leaver (Lock stock) - another lovely bloke

Richard E Grant - smiled at me as i walked past him (didn't even recognize him until my dad told me :D)

Dave Vanian from The Damned - he was arrogant everytime i saw him up the Ace Cafe

My husband meets quite a few celebs through his work, he stood not far from the Queen & said she has a real presence about her. Very small as well lol

He also met Elton John who was a bit miserable ;)

Jeremy Wade from River Monsters didn't reply when he was spoken to

Robert Carlyle is apparently not a morning person

David Beckham was really pleasant although he didn't know where the lever was for his bonnet, Victoria was her usual self

Andrew Lloyd Webber miserable git, didn't want to look at anyone

(think might list might belong in the other thread :o)
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son is working with Naomi Campbell at the moment and he says she is the bitch from hell :eek::eek:

He has also worked on quite a few reality shows and says how quite a lot of them start off really nice and then they get above themselves :eek:
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, he has lost his comedy edge and hasn't been funny for over a decade now. I think the Bigley joke was the beginning of the end for his comedy career. It was the most awful attempt at a joke - utterly distastful!

I have not heard great things about his gigs these days.

I've a suspicion the guy may be unpleasant underneath the humorous facade. In the case of the female photographer he verbally abused in Killarney, he never apologised to her in the following days despite leaving her in tears and the fact that some of the audience were angry and upset on her behalf.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I remember this, and I also remember her announcing that's what she'd put in then sitting back and basking in the audience cheering it received. She was lapping it up.

Does anyone else recall a story about her allegedly causing a contestant on Blind Date to burst into tears due to her rudeness off camera? The contestant went to the papers with the story.

No, but I do remember her humiliating a journalist who went on Blind Date to write a story. Cella say with her on the sofa with the usual 'after date' story scenario but then berated her for being a journalist and not a genuine contestant.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but I do remember her humiliating a journalist who went on Blind Date to write a story. Cella say with her on the sofa with the usual 'after date' story scenario but then berated her for being a journalist and not a genuine contestant.

I remember, in the 90s, she humiliated a bloke on the sofa by getting everyone to boo him and going, 'What a baby! Coochy-coochy-coo!' There again, this bloke had been a bit of a kn*b and shown his date up by admitting openly in the after-date-discussion he tried to get his leg over with her, though she wasn't interested, and seeming to glory in being a '22 year-old male, red blooded!' as he interpreted it.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kjh84 wrote: »
    Andrew Lloyd Webber[...]didn't want to look at anyone

I don't imagine that many people want to look at Andrew Lloyd Webber! :p

(Said the oil painting)
  • kjh84kjh84 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I don't imagine that many people want to look at Andrew Lloyd Webber! :p

(Said the oil painting)

:D in some pictures of him when he was younger, he doesn't look too bad..
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Tom from McFly, a few years back he completely snubbed my friend who'd been waiting years to meet him!
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there at least one person out there with something nice to say about Cilla Black?