SanDisk clip 4Gig + 8Gig

zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
Forum Member
✭✭
(I know google is my friend, but...)

I've got a SanDisk clip 8Gig and it has a resume feature - so if I'm 3 hours into a 6 hour audiobook and the battery dies, when I plug in the recharge and the player starts again I'm taken immediately to that 3 hour stopped-at point :cool:

I've also got a SanDisk clip 4Gig that, for the life of me, I can't find how to turn on the resume feature - which is a freakin pain. :(

Does anyone have the 4Gig version and has been able to set up this resume feature :), or does this version just not have one. :mad:

z. :confused:

Comments

• the sandmanthe sandman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought all clips had this feature?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought all clips had this feature?

that's what I assumed when I went for the 4G instead of the 8G (to save money), but I can't work out how to activate said ability... darn it. :mad:
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely the resume feature is a function of your reader, not the storage media?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ huh ?! :confused:
  • the sandmanthe sandman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't say in the manual about the resume feature. I think it's turned on by default & there's no way to turn it off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [update] the SanDisk Clip+ has an SD slot for mini SD cards so you can increase capacity from 4GB to 12GB. Apparently if you play an mp3 from the SD card you don't get the resume function, but if you play one from the SanDisk itself then you DO get the resume function. :)
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,610
    Forum Member
    What about starting playback from a bookmark? Does it continue with the currently selected album or playlist which my old Creative Zen V+ does not which is a bit of bugbear when playing back a series of three hour radio shows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SanDisk clip+ doesn't have a bookmark feature, but with the now-working resume, the point at which you turn the player off is the exact point at which you're immediately taken too when you turn the player back on. :) - so if you're a big radio show fan then methinks you need to upgrade - or at least get ones of those speedy mp3 splitter progs
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,610
    Forum Member
    Does it resume whether playing or paused when you turn it off? With the Zen if you turn if off in pause mode it loses the resume point. I can cope with that though by being careful. What is a pain is when I come to rip the next few days radio shows to the player and want to resume the currently active show but carrying on into the new shows automatically. At the moment I have to manually FF to the resume point. I think I am asking too much of any player for that I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [update2] For some reason the resume function has stopped working :eek: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I'll do some checking and get back to ya.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SanDisk clip+ 8GB

if you're 30mins into a 3hr audiobook and:
    (1) turn it off, when you turn it on that 30min mark is what appears on the screen
    (2) you press pause and turn it off - same thing as (1)
    (3) you open up another mp3, when you reopen the first book you get the option to resume from that 30min mark

and if doesn't matter if the mp3s are in the internal memory or an inserted sd card.

You also get the option to delete a file - handy for removing ones you're finished if you've got a lousy memory and can't recall what you've heard.

SanDisk clip+ 4GB

:shrugs: though maybe I just need to update some drivers or something like that, so it could just be me at fault :( - even so if you're thinking of SanDisking yourself, don't go for 4, be great with 8.
  • GrizzyDeeGrizzyDee Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a 4, and it does the resuming automatically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GrizzyDee wrote: »
    I've got a 4, and it does the resuming automatically.
    :o guess it's just me then, darn it. :p
  • GrizzyDeeGrizzyDee Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    :o guess it's just me then, darn it. :p

heehee! :D
    Sorry I can't be more help! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^no problemo :), it's a lacking I can easily live with, just make sure to note down my stopping-here time point each time I wanna break from my marathoning the Deathlands audiobook series.