Parcel Damage and Contents stolen

Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,975
Forum Member
✭✭
Yesterday I received a parcel that had been ripped into. The content that was meant to be inside was stolen.

I have tried to make a online claim about it on the Royal Mail website, but was not able to complete it as I need to have details such as when was the parcel posted, how it was posted etc. It`s not possible for me to get these details because all communication with the seller has ceased and they are choosing to ignore me.

Is there any other way I can report this?

Comments

• fainéantfainéant Posts: 2,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I understand it, only the person who sent it can make claim for loss. Also, if the parcel contained goods you have purchased then it is the seller's responsibility to ensure they are delivered to you, otherwise you can claim a refund from the seller.

You can seek help from Trading Standards.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    As said above, You didn't receive anything so you are not the one who makes the claim

You ask for a refund from the seller and they then take it up with the courier
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A said above incorrect!

'The sender or the recipient of the item may both claim for a lost item but only one will be paid compensation'

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/royal-mails-retail-compensation-policy-for-loss
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any other way I can report this?

Depending on the circumstances, claim it as chargeback from your credit card company, open an eBay dispute, threaten sellers with a small claim...