The Missing

Comments

• hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read through pages on here hoping for a clue. My OH already called the medal (he's so clever! :D )
    But it occurred to me, why was it Mark who went to do the deal with the journalist and not Baptiste? I wonder if, discovering Tony's history of violence, he has substituted the medal for the 'real' evidence hoping that he would attack Alain, the hotel owner, and so be out of Emily's life. Perhaps the 'real' evidence links him to the crime? As people have said, perhaps his son was intended to be the target.
    Could there really be some ludicrous ending where Ollie has been given to his wife? I'd prefer that to the gruesome one I presume is coming. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    It seems all the main clues are in the opening scenes. Scarf, broken TV, etc.. Monique's paintings are another important part which I think will help solve the mystery as I reckon she will be the one who will come forward and expose her parents Alain and Sylvia and also Deliox her uncle. Can't wait for the finale.
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I have to admit I suspected that Ziane's son might have had something to do with informing on him, for some reason. He certainly had reason to want him dead, but whether he'd know how to go about arranging that or who to talk to, is doubtful.

what is more interesting is why no one helped, including prison officers when he was dying, they just watched
  • Frank EFrank E Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    24_Sm wrote: »
    Saw this mentioned elsewhere but don't know the significance, yet! Care to share, please!?!
    A lamp and a picture frame were donated by Mme Vivienne Clos along with the scarf (see main trailer)
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    Me too.

That scene in hotel overlooking swimming pool convinced me that James was intended target. Question is why? What did (2006) and does Mark now know about his son being the target for abduction. The clues were there in episode 1 and 2 with him being mistaken for Ollie.
  • raj_bahandaraj_bahanda Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Just watched episode 1 again and it clearly shows on Vincent Bourg's Birth Certificate his parents names.His father is Pierre Bourg but his mother appears to be called Mary Scotts now Ian Garretts wife was called "Mary " Garrett so that would tie in with her being Vicent's Mother and Garrett being his step Dad as i suspect.

This is i Believe their real connection and why i believe he was being abused as a child by Garrett,now the question is did he have a sister or step sister called Molly or is Molly always been Vincent(as i said when you look at the photos of "Molly" it is not really clear to me if we are seeing a girl or a boy dressed up to look like one. However it seems to me Bourg still has a huge part to play in final episode. Is the Sobriety coin just another red herring.

I definitely believe the Sobriety coin is Alain's and as someone else has pointed out it seems to have French numerals for number 12 on it and back in 2006 that would have been his 12TH sober year. However even though it may be his coin is it possible that the blood on it is his own and not Oliver's and perhaps that on the night he had actually had a lapse and a few drinks after France won the match , maybe fell drunk and then felt guilty for falling off the wagon so threw his coin away in disgust.

As i said maybe it is just another red herring but then again maybe not and it really is Alain & Sylvie who have been the Guilty ones all along and Not Vincent Bourg as i had suspected.
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was I the only one that got upset when Malik was listening in to the phone call. I automatically thought of Millie downlers family.
  • Kat 68Kat 68 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    hicken wrote: »
    I've read through pages on here hoping for a clue. My OH already called the medal (he's so clever! :D )
    But it occurred to me, why was it Mark who went to do the deal with the journalist and not Baptiste? I wonder if, discovering Tony's history of violence, he has substituted the medal for the 'real' evidence hoping that he would attack Alain, the hotel owner, and so be out of Emily's life. Perhaps the 'real' evidence links him to the crime? As people have said, perhaps his son was intended to be the target.
    Could there really be some ludicrous ending where Ollie has been given to his wife? I'd prefer that to the gruesome one I presume is coming. :(

But how would Mark know that Tony knew about Alains sobriety medals, as this was just a private conversation between Sylvie and Tony. Unless of course Sylvie and Mark are in this together.
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it The Missing, i think they could have done it so much quicker, I hate the toing and froing in time lines, and get so confused it spoils it for me.

The last one for example, it took me ages to realise that Garrat was just in his wife's imagination. And what was Vincent doing there on the boat was that his mother? I wonder if he was a son perhaps he was the daughter???? yeh i know well why not lol.......the rest of it is confusing lets chuck something else in the mix.....

I thought the girl with her throat cut was the second time and then I realised a few minutes later when she was trying to cut her brothers throat it was showing how she got it the first time...jeez give me a break.

I was of the opinion that Mark had something to do with it, but I watched 3 episodes yesterday and I am changing my mind.

I am not so sure about Baptiste did you not see his video camera on the hive? it was the same model as Garrats that Tony found.........did he abuse his daughter is that why she is drug addict?

Something odd about him.....was the sober medal that was found belonging to the hotel owner a plant or a coincidence as she showed Tony the medals and it was a sober medal the policeman found, but was it his. Could Baptiste have been an alcoholic and it was his? His daughter is an addict, addiction can run in families.....

Why didnt the reporter hand it in, what sort of bloke is he? He could have had this case solved years back and he chose not too, what kind of man does that to a family.....

Who knew that the guy in prison was going to see his son that day? Bapiste and did the Mayor?

Baptiste knew the drug undercover guy was going to talk to him and then he was dead......

Baptiste couldnt wait to go and see the house belonging to garrat for evidence but was it incriminating against him self or was he genuinely thinking Tony had something to do with it.

Are the French thick...if they find Garrats boat floating in the lake the assumption is the body is there too lol. Oh yeh Tony takes off his shirt and goes into the freezing river comes out and has a blue Tshirt on where did that come from or did i miss something lol?

I hate Tony i feel sorry he has lost his son, but he is a miserable horrible man, who beats people up, EVEN BEFORE his son went missing.

Going back to that, did Bapiste knowing tony's short fuse plant in his mind it was Garrat, hoping he would do his dirty work for him. Perhaps a falling out and he needed to die......Why did Garrat put himself into such a vulnerable position in the boat with Tony, he knew he had a short and dangerous fuse? Makes no sense, or was he hoping he would kill him and put him out of his misery, OR had it arranged for someone to intervene??? I just find it all so odd.......

I think there is a ring pedo it has to be pretty influential people running it, because of the deaths, and how the house was cleaned, who knew the people were on holiday etc etc.....

The cleaner guy said he saw blood and cleaned it. Why did Baptiste not insist that the cellar was again checked for forensics as it is a known fact blood can be found in tiny cracks and areas, and it could have proven if it was Ollies blood......

Nah sorry i find some of it weird.......I struggled to watch the 3 episodes and had a headache and vertigo after lol.......

I think the key to the mystery is Vincent ...I think he is linked with Mary garrats wife and i think he has the boy and was protecting him perhaps now that would be closure if he handed him over to the family.

What worries me is there is all this stuff we have had to understand and digest, and yet only one hour left to expose it all.........I hope it aint going to be a damp squid.

All the above is written kind of tongue in cheek, just to throw some rubbish into the melting pot lol....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    wow...reading that made me think.....that could be the real twist at the end....Mr nice guy...Baptiste....and the camera on the bee hive...!!! .roll on Tuesday 16th..........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Loz Kernow wrote: »

Had to re-watch and that guy in the bar where Tony and Julien meet up again is definatley a dishelved Alain! The camera purposley cuts to him to!

Something definatley up with Sylvie too - she looks on edge a lot....

Tony's job - how comes this has remained unmentioned? will this have a purpose to play or will it be irrelevant i wonder.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so grateful to this thread!
    My husband thinks I'm brilliant after I explained about the sobriety medal.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    I'm so grateful to this thread!
    My husband thinks I'm brilliant after I explained about the sobriety medal.

Ha ha...my friend thinks the same!
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You ladies need to get a grip. You're all going to be so disappointed when it turns out he is as guilty as hell. :)

Nope, he is the one true character in this so very complicated plot.

Hasn't it been said that they are planning a second series ? It would be nowt without the actor Tcheky Karyo - (Julien Baptiste ) ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, he is the one true character in this so very complicated plot.

Hasn't it been said that they are planning a second series ? It would be nowt without the actor Tcheky Karyo - (Julien Baptiste ) ;-)

No, they are not going to make a second series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Kat 68 wrote: »
    My theory at the moment is that it's more likely to be something to do with Sylvie rather than Alain. I think Alain is probably aware of what she is involved in over the years and it's that knowledge that has driven him to drink to block it all out. Their relationship is similar to that of Garrett and his wife, but the other way round.

I think that will be the 'twist' of the final episode. We will be lead to believe it's Alain, after all most people expect a man, but ultimately it will be Sylvie.
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But how would Mark know that Tony knew about Alains sobriety medals, as this was just a private conversation between Sylvie and Tony. Unless of course Sylvie and Mark are in this together.

You're right, it doesn't make sense. But I just don't think the solution will be in a paedophile ring - purely because I don't think the BBC would have us watch the video of Ollie being dragged from the window and finish the series wish us picturing what dreadful things would have happened afterwards. I think it must be something else.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    I am not so sure about Baptiste did you not see his video camera on the hive? it was the same model as Garrats that Tony found.........did he abuse his daughter is that why she is ..

That wasn't a camera it's a thing Baptiste uses to calm the bees with.
    Looks like a camera but it puffs out smoke.
  • Ace-TVAce-TV Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    A lab report on a coin. That was where the writers lost all perspective and showed themselves up

So Malik walks into a lab and says what?

Tell me what the coin is made of?
    who does it belong to?
    Are there any fingerprints? Please compare it to hmmm.....The interpol database
    Can you check for DNA and compare it to hmmmm...the interpol database that you have such easy access to
    When was it smelted?
    Is there any pollen on top to see what year the coin was left in the drain
    Lastly i am a freelance reporter can you tell me anything about this coin and please can you give me a discount.?

Dont get blinkered. Watch the show and see if it makes sense all the time.
    :p:D:D:D

PS not directed at Aurora. To anyone in general who thought ha what a brilliant way to solve an enigma....get a lab report on a coin.

But WAS there a lab report on the coin?
    A lab report was mentioned.
    The subject wasn't.
    Mark demanded the evidence be handed over.
    Malik hands him envelope.
    Mark looks inside envelope - we don't see contents
    Mark later produces coin>

Could it have been some other evidence which mark has now switched?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Room for another & I will bring the suntan lotion & lilo!!!:D

A Lilo ...brilliant. :cool:

(I'm sure TRIPPS won't mind, as long as you don't suspect Mark. ;-))
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    capekdeh wrote: »
    No, they are not going to make a second series.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-12-09/will-the-missing-be-back-for-a-second-series in negotiations for a second season.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Em-bro wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I encase a spoiler?

When you are typing a message there is a row of symbols above the message box starting with B for Bold. At the end of the row is an S (very faint) for Spoiler. Use this around selected text to hide your spoiler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think Mark knows anything about the medals. The envelope looks the same.

If Tony believes it's Alain's he's going to have trouble finding him. Hasn't Alain gone AWOL?
  • ddmatt05ddmatt05 Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Just watched ep 2 again - this programme is def not helping with crimbo preparations :(

2 things stuck out

1 the Mayor states that his niece (presuming Sylvies / Alains daughter) worked in the Belfry Hotel where he used to drink after work until it closed down after the abduction, he now sees her rarely. Why did she work in a different hotel and why do we not know (yet) where she is now?

2 quote from Ian Garrett when talking to the Hughes re his passion for renovation 'I like to keep the past alive, even when it seems impossible'. Which makes me think Vincent was def a Molly replacement and why Ian paid for his alibi so the connection between them would not be found out.

Def think Vincent innocent, although after watching ep2 again even started to think was it Malik, as he knew he could bribe Ziane and subsequently get his big job at The Telegraph (def upset bunny in the cafe when his piece on Vincent got pulled due to alibi) and subsequent book and achieve something his father never did. Am I right that he said to Ziane that his father spent his whole life chasing a story but never got closure??

Need to rewire brain to think Mince Pies not The Missing :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    MichelleUk wrote: »
    The lady from the house, that gave the scarf to the charity shop, also donated a little red lamp at the same time. Also, 3 pictures frames apparently!

If the lamp was donated to the second-hand shop, it could've been bought by anyone (or no one). I can't see the significance unless maybe there is a fingerprint or something on it (unlikely if it has been bought by someone and cleaned/dusted regularly).