Options

Short man syndrome

Comments

• Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »
    What about Tom Cruise?

He's not that short. It's just that most actors are very tall. He's about 5'7'' I think??? I'm taller than that, but not much:D However, he is much more attractive than me as his bank balance has many many more zeros in it than mine. I have just the one, and unfortunately it's the first one.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    He's not that short. It's just that most actors are very tall. He's about 5'7'' I think??? I'm taller than that, but not much:D However, he is much more attractive than me as his bank balance has many many more zeros in it than mine. I have just the one, and unfortunately it's the first one.

Is he that tall?

When I heard the news that his wife was going to hear the patter of tiny feet I thought they meant him rushing downstairs to let John Travolta in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member

ahaahahahahaaaaa
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What about Tom Cruise?

He is getting old now isn't he so you can put him on the unattractive list
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is getting old now isn't he so you can put him on the unattractive list

Yeah. He's a right old minger.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hes about 5'4" I think. Most actors plug a few inches onto their height anyway.
  • Options
    Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree wth short man syndrome. My husband was a boxer and (amateur footballer) and regularly, easily took down much taller blokes and was a reasonably talented winger as he was able to run fast and cut underneath others. Don't tar everyone with the little Hitler brush :)
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Personally, I've always thought of this as "short PERSON syndrome" rather than anything gender specific.

Conveniently, one of the best examples of this I've seen was a woman in an office where I worked.
    There were about 10 girls in the typing pool and each of the managers had a secretary too.
    One of the secretaries was only about 5' tall and she used to make life hell for the girls in the typing pool and she'd often happily refer to her height as a reason for perceived injustices.

She'd give one of the typists a 1000 page document to revise and then, when the work wasn't complete 2 hours later, she'd come over and rant about how, perhaps, the typist might have completed the work for a taller person because they'd have felt more intimidated etc.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Hes about 5'4" I think. Most actors plug a few inches onto their height anyway.

The consencus is 5-7. He really isn't that short.
  • Options
    ErlangErlang Posts: 6,619
    Forum Member
    Maybe shorter people get sick of shortist remarks?

shortarse, very civil.

Tall=good, short=bad, people would soon run into difficulties with society if the height were replaced with colour.

People are people, they have good and bad characteristics in different measures.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Short men have awful attitude, are usually built like a brick shithouse and hate tall man. In most cases.
  • Options
    kim1994kim1994 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Erlang wrote: »
    Maybe shorter people get sick of shortist remarks?

shortarse, very civil.

Tall=good, short=bad, people would soon run into difficulties with society if the height were replaced with colour.

People are people, they have good and bad characteristics in different measures.

apparently short men are not as successful as tall men
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kim1994 wrote: »
    apparently short men are not as successful as tall men

At basketball?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At basketball?

lol:D
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this anything the "Odd Man Hypothesis" :confused:
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Short men have awful attitude, are usually built like a brick shithouse and hate tall man. In most cases.

Yes, how absolutely true. It especially applies to Michael J Fox, Ronnie Corbett, Jamie Cullum, Dudley Moore, Paul Simon...
  • Options
    kim1994kim1994 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    At basketball?

:D:D although they could weave in and out of the other players legs
  • Options
    Forum Member

:eek: but but tall men are nice
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »

tis lush, I am fully enjoing this load speaker loud.

respek

Oh, short bouncers, they're the one to look out for.
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's Short Woman Syndrome? Apart from being short, what are the other symptoms?:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Yes (Short man syndrome) - Jeremy Clarkson suffers from it... ;)
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Yes, how absolutely true. It especially applies to Michael J Fox, Ronnie Corbett, Jamie Cullum, Dudley Moore, Paul Simon...

Hence the most cases :)
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think perhaps its true but I always heard it as Napoleon syndrome. Its not just people though, have you noticed the smaller a dog the more snacky and vicious it is?
    I'm 4'10 and I have mosaic turners syndrome which explains alot about my height. I often look at small people and wonder if they have it and if they know.
    I only found out about a year and a half ago and was quite suprised but it does explain my height.
    I don't pick fights or arguments but I'm usually the one who will shout out if someone is pushing in front of a que or in situations like that.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that with his lifts?
    5ft 7" my arse - he'll love you.
  • Options
    LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    I disagree wth short man syndrome. My husband was a boxer and (amateur footballer) and regularly, easily took down much taller blokes and was a reasonably talented winger as he was able to run fast and cut underneath others. Don't tar everyone with the little Hitler brush :)

Surely your post proves that the theory has some validation?! Your husband was a boxer and short so this proves he wasn't aggressive:confused:?