• QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LouisFelch wrote: »
    He looks smelly.

He does look a bit soapy, lol! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    If people want to say they hate his voice, I understand he has that sort of voice where people will love it or hate it; like Aiden Grimshaw, some people will like the rough edge, the tone,, others will find it grating; that's fair enough. People can critique away there for any artist in the world they please

It's the people saying "I hate him, he has bad teeth," I think are unnecessary. It's moronic to hate someone based on looks. I wonder if the people ruling him out because he fits their schema of ugly, vote for election candidates based on how the person looks too, or if they ignore the less aesthetically pleasing family members.

rbdcay; I wouldn't say it's the mothers and fathers who want to adopt him as a charity case. I am in my early twenties and have no kids, I defended him because I can empathize with him having people call names based on appearance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Hi welcome there just wanted to say aren't you one of those members of DS and its moronic posters too?

And as for the James fans being oh so put off with people picking on his looks, people also talking about his looks are also commenting on his singing. You can sing in tune and still be god awful. It seems that the concern about looks are those who want to sort of adopt James as some sort of charity case. I've said it before James is a big boy and can defend himself no need for the mothers and fathers out there to come to his defence.

James was talking about the nasty posters who insult people and are generally ignorant and nasty instead of adding educated opinions. This thread would be a good example of that. So no, not all DS posters were targeted by James and the only people who should really get offended are the ones who do slag people off in a nasty derogatory way.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

rbdcay; I wouldn't say it's the mothers and fathers who want to adopt him as a charity case. I am in my early twenties and have no kids, I defended him because I can empathize with him having people call names based on appearance.

We've had this discussion before about James so we both know where our positions lie. However I would like to say that when I used the phrase "mother and father" it was as an expression rather than the reality. I meaning people who want to mollycuddle him i.e. be over protective of him. Whatever age you are this is trait people tend to take on when they have a favourite and this causes high emotion and sometimes hysterical (i.e. not you but some fans like those for 1D or Beiber) which cause them to take a stance of defence at all times when an artists can do this for themselves. They seem to have forgotten that their idolized star is in fact open to being hated and disliked and people will say all manner of things whether in public or private, it just so happens that people who do this in public (i.e. on the web or forums or twitter etc.) just get it out there.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never liked his singingb from day 1

But I love hiom for slagging of DS and its army of moronic posters

can't help it, hadto LoLz at this!!:eek::D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James was talking about the nasty posters who insult people and are generally ignorant and nasty instead of adding educated opinions. This thread would be a good example of that. So no, not all DS posters were targeted by James and the only people who should really get offended are the ones who do slag people off in a nasty derogatory way.

I have slagged off his glasses a few times but his comments never affected me or offended me. What offended me is that he tarred a lot of people with the same brush. However you put it his comments were very general and a lot of people could have read them as such. His comments were no skin off my back but he will never endear himself to me either with his singing or his attitude.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Love him most for that.:D

I really like his voice and he seems real to me. he is not screaming "I am credible, take me seriously" from the rooftops. I think some on here are confusing confidence with arrogance.

He is the only act I have seen on the show who never looks nervous before his performance. It's like he's been doing it for ages, and I like that.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »

I really like his voice and he seems real to me. he is not screaming "I am credible, take me seriously" from the rooftops. I think some on here are confusing confidence with arrogance.

He is the only act I have seen on the show who never looks nervous before his performance. It's like he's been doing it for ages, and I like that.:)

he has been. there are vids of him on you tube, in one of them he does a medley of at least five different current pop artists, lolz!!:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    String9 wrote: »

Really. I think that's exactly what he is screaming and his mentor doesn't help with all the authenticity BS. I am sorry but he thinks he should be taken seriously because he is passionate when in effect he is just a wailing ear botherer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really. I think that's exactly what he is screaming and his mentor doesn't help with all the authenticity BS. I am sorry but he thinks he should be taken seriously because he is passionate when in effect he is just a wailing ear botherer.

that. is. YOUR. opinion.:rolleyes:

fortunately, people are inherently different with varying opinions as well...;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    that. is. YOUR. opinion.:rolleyes:

fortunately, people are inherently different with varying opinions as well...;)

As was your original statement that he wasn't saying he was credible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never liked his singingb from day 1

I found it so funny on here after he did that. So many was ok give crap out but as soon as it was thrown back at them they all start whining and moaning like a set of 4 year olds.

Its seams many on here can give gob it but cant take it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As was your original statement that he wasn't saying he was credible.

huh??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    huh??

Sorry my mistake that wasn't you but the other poster I was referring to. But that too was their Opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry my mistake that wasn't you but the other poster I was referring to. But that too was their Opinion.

thought i would have to open my mouth as i type to make it easier for you to put words in my... mouth...:yawn::o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thought i would have to open my mouth as i type to make it easier for you to put words in my... mouth...:yawn::o:o

Now everyone takes an apology. I could have not apologised and ignored but did the magnanimous thing and apologised for my mistake. Now let's not drag ourselves down to childish antics with yawn smileys and the like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now everyone takes an apology. I could have not apologised and ignored but did the magnanimous thing and apologised for my mistake. Now let's not drag ourselves down to childish antics with yawn smileys and the like.

ok, i hear you.

sorry, can't resist the last one. lolz!!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    He looks smelly.

This made me laugh out loud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am just wondering something. If James is so great why aren't his fans supporting his appreciation thread. It is just hanging their limp and lifeless up there.

No I am not saying "go up there as you are not wanted here" I was just wondering why his appreciation thread has not many posts at all? Very telling in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just wondering something. If James is so great why aren't his fans supporting his appreciation thread. It is just hanging their limp and lifeless up there.

No I am not saying "go up there as you are not wanted here" I was just wondering why his appreciation thread has not many posts at all? Very telling in my opinion.

Maybe his fans just aren't the type to post in appreciation threads. I don't post in appreciation threads until late in the series in general, if at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

doesn't say anything.

maybe we just don't really want to mollycoddle the boy, lolz!!:p
  • floppusfloppus Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    He looks smelly.

In another thread I said I thought his mouth looked like a sphyncter muscle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doesn't say anything.

maybe we just don't really want to mollycoddle the boy, lolz!!:p

No coming to his defence at every opportunity does indeed indicate that the mollycuddling intention is still there I am afraid and to clarify this IMO
    Maybe his fans just aren't the type to post in appreciation threads. I don't post in appreciation threads until late in the series in general, if at all.

Fair enough but considering he is quite like Aiden Grimshaw (he has a very active appreciation thread) all moody and broody I thought he would have a larger following, apparently it seems that as there are no threads other than the ones his fans deem negative on the main board I thought they would be posting there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough but considering he is quite like Aiden Grimshaw (he has a very active appreciation thread) all moody and broody I thought he would have a larger following, apparently it seems that as there are no threads other than the ones his fans deem negative on the main board I thought they would be posting there.

I'm not sure I understand the comparison people are making with Aiden and James. I don't really see how they are similar at all, their attitudes are different, they look totally different, their voices are totally different and the type of music they sing is different...why do people think they are similar?
  • EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand the comparison people are making with Aiden and James. I don't really see how they are similar at all, their attitudes are different, they look totally different, their voices are totally different and the type of music they sing is different...why do people think they are similar?

Beats me too, as someone very taken with Aiden's music. I can only think it's just the "intensity" thing. If anyone likes, or dislikes, both James and Aiden it can't be because they sound at all similar: they just don't.