The Flash - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No UK broadcaster yet?

Given the way UK channels are dumping US shows by the second I would imagine any UK broadcaster will wait to see how this does first before deciding to buy the rights logically you'd think Sky would want it to pair with Arrow but who knows :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    DanielF wrote: »
    Could Wells be Thawne's future self?

Isn't Thawne a certain Yellow and Red speedster in the comics?
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Thawne a certain Yellow and Red speedster in the comics?
    Yes, and hence the future self stuff. Maybe we'll see a cosmic treadmill!
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I don't think they HAVE to be tricky. I've thought for a long time that all you'd need was a little time and patience and thought and you could craft a plot that made sense and was easily followable - too often they make things needlessly complex and full of unnecessary and obviously wrong/illogical flaws.
    I'm not saying it couldn't work, it could, but they'd have to be real careful not to destroy (or over right) the existing Flash (and Arrow) universes.

Few shows manage to pull the time travel arc off, excluding Doctor Who, the only show I can think of which has done it well was Stargate.
    Rooks wrote: »
    We are getting a Batman/Superman movie only because of the success of Avengers and even then they seem to be making it a different type of Batman.
    I actually have high hopes for this. Maybe a little too optimistic?
    Rooks wrote: »
    Marvel positively revel in cross-overs and cameos which seems to help their popularity.
    It sure does. They've done a fantastic job with it.
    Connecting movies/shows means that no bat verse/superverse/wonderverse or any of the other characters verses reserved for movies can ever appear on the TV series. Since they can't afford movie actor fees, increased special effects for movie supers.
    I'm sure something could be included in an actor/actresses contract that they'd need to do a couple of cameos once every year or two. No? I'm not talking about Batman coming to assist Arrow, I'm just talking about maybe Oliver Queen getting a visit from Bruce Wayne or something. You'd not need the extra special effects. You wouldn't need any.

With regards to the Flash though, isn't Flash one of the founding members of Justice League? When they get around to the film (2016 if I'm right?) they'll either have to exclude him, or they'll have to cast another, which would surely put a dampener on the tv series? With the exception of Flash and Arrow, the only feature character that hasn't been mentioned as a Superman vs Batman cameo is Green Lantern.

We know we've got Wonder Woman, and we know about a Cyborg and (possible) Aquaman. No Lantern though - however I'm sure there's time for one to be cast. There haven't been any mention of a Flash or Arrow though. Is that concerning at all?

Likewise, a question to people who might know more than me; what other spinoff shows could come in this format? What other DC characters are big enough names to warrant their own tv series, but not their own feature film (in this day and age?)
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I'm not saying it couldn't work, it could, but they'd have to be real careful not to destroy (or over right) the existing Flash (and Arrow) universes.
    are you talking about the tv-universe or the comic ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member

Few shows manage to pull the time travel arc off, excluding Doctor Who, the only show I can think of which has done it well was Stargate.

I actually have high hopes for this. Maybe a little too optimistic?

It sure does. They've done a fantastic job with it.

I'm sure something could be included in an actor/actresses contract that they'd need to do a couple of cameos once every year or two. No? I'm not talking about Batman coming to assist Arrow, I'm just talking about maybe Oliver Queen getting a visit from Bruce Wayne or something. You'd not need the extra special effects. You wouldn't need any.

With regards to the Flash though, isn't Flash one of the founding members of Justice League? When they get around to the film (2016 if I'm right?) they'll either have to exclude him, or they'll have to cast another, which would surely put a dampener on the tv series? With the exception of Flash and Arrow, the only feature character that hasn't been mentioned as a Superman vs Batman cameo is Green Lantern.

We know we've got Wonder Woman, and we know about a Cyborg and (possible) Aquaman. No Lantern though - however I'm sure there's time for one to be cast. There haven't been any mention of a Flash or Arrow though. Is that concerning at all?

Likewise, a question to people who might know more than me; what other spinoff shows could come in this format? What other DC characters are big enough names to warrant their own tv series, but not their own feature film (in this day and age?)

Could skip Barry Allen and use Wally West instead.

As for the last question, Nightwing, any inclusion in a movie would result in them making him terrible so Batman is shown as AMAZING, so a TV show would be the best option.

Not including Batman would be easy, but they could easily have Tim Drake, Red Hood, even use Deathstroke etc.... Could integrate him to The Flash easily due to Wally West for a cameo or two.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved it, I really can't wait for it to start properly in October.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    are you talking about the tv-universe or the comic ?
    TV.
    Could skip Barry Allen and use Wally West instead.
    True, although it would still be two Flashes.
    As for the last question, Nightwing, any inclusion in a movie would result in them making him terrible so Batman is shown as AMAZING, so a TV show would be the best option.
    That might work. Another Oliver Queen (just with sticks instead of arrows). :p
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV.

His voice didn't sound the same to me as it does in Arrow?
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    .. they'd have to be real careful not to destroy (or over right) the existing Flash (and Arrow) universes.

Arrow seems to be doing a pretty good job of destroying itself, these days. Quite bored with it now.

Flash, is off to a good start. Nice to see John Wesley Shipp again. All it really needs, as is the case with every series, is the caliber of writing we see in Person of Interest.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrow seems to be doing a pretty good job of destroying itself, these days. Quite bored with it now.

Flash, is off to a good start. Nice to see John Wesley Shipp again. All it really needs, as is the case with every series, is the caliber of writing we see in Person of Interest.

If only:)
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You have got to be kidding, season 2 of Arrow was much better than the first, they are doing an amazing job with it.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    You have got to be kidding, season 2 of Arrow was much better than the first, they are doing an amazing job with it.

Seconded.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

Third end season two was awesome
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I loved the pilot episode of The Flash and can't wait to watch the rest of the season now!

I know its unlikely but I'm still hoping that there will be an announcement at Comic Con of a DC TV and Film link up that leads into the already announced Justice League film!
  • Chris2387Chris2387 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    The pilot wasn't bad but it felt like something was missing. I agree with some that the casting isn't the greatest and to be honest Grant is not a very good actor so that's gonna take some getting used to
  • racefreakracefreak Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pilot was okay. I didn't really enjoy Arrow untill the second half of the first season, so I'll give the Flash at least half a season to find it's groove. I hope they'll do some crossovers with Arrow during the season, their brief scene together was one of the best scenes of this pilot.
    Forum Member
    TV.

Yeah, but at least it could be argued that it's several years ahead of this TV's version of Arrow and Flash, to explain potential different actor for Oliver. Then again I don't know if they ever mentioned when Man of Steel was meant to have happened.

Could make it a more detective style show.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So with the possibility of
    Time Travel did anyone wonder if the man in the ball of Lightning at his Mothers death was really Barry himself after travelling back in time?

You could certainly see something like the flash suit.

Maybe the big twist is that his father really is guilty of the murder and Barry travels back in time to stop it?
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Loved it. A lot better written than Arrow's pilot, with a much stronger lead. Had a bit of a Spider-Man 1 feel, some of the soundtrack was almost identical.
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    So with the possibility of
    Time Travel did anyone wonder if the man in the ball of Lightning at his Mothers death was really Barry himself after travelling back in time?

You could certainly see something like the flash suit.

Maybe the big twist is that his father really is guilty of the murder and Barry travels back in time to stop it?
    I also thought it's going to turn out to be him as well but why remains a mystery I don't think his father is guilty of the murder no
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marvel have done the job of connecting Agents of Shield with the Marvel Universe, and it's working great. I don't see what DC have to lose. All they'd need is a cameo (or even a mention) or the characters from the show, just to keep it all consistent.

Tbh Shield has been really hampered by being tied to the films. It couldn't air its latter episodes until Cap2 had been released so it didn't spoil that film. Hence there were months when there were hardly any new episodes and the pace slowed right down whilst it was treading water.

I think the DC films and tv shows should be set in the same universe (having two different actors playing The Flash would be daft) but I hope they aren't too reliant on each other.
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    I also thought it's going to turn out to be him as well but why remains a mystery I don't think his father is guilty of the murder no
    The Reverse-Flash most likely.

Or they could steal from to cartoon-movie and make it that he tried to save her, but then realised she needed to die or time would fall apart so did what was needed.
    Forum Member
    The Reverse-Flash most likely.

Or they could steal from to cartoon-movie and make it that he tried to save her, but then realised she needed to die or time would fall apart so did what was needed.
    I was thinking along the lines of he had to ensure she died otherwise he wouldn't have become who he was and saved loads of people and of course he wouldn't have met and saved arrow etc so similar
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyable, or should that be familiar. Smallville sprang to mind, these shows are only as good as the plots. Three months until the series starts, oh well.