Options

EE: let's be honest, who else cringed when Shirley donned the blow torch mask?

Comments

• Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    Nope, more like a WTF moment.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Carry On EastEnders.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bit OTT for my liking, and I admit I did cringe.

I'm guessing that Shirley thinks that she can just buy Mick out of the business side of things, but then he would still own the freehold of the building, and would need to agree to renting it to her...wouldn't he? Which he never would!

He paid Phil hundreds of thousands of pounds for the business and building as a whole.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    :D It was a bit bubbly in the fridge! I do wonder what the actress thought when she got the script.

Zoe Lucker said she was really surprised by how the audience took to it and how it (for a time) became a sort of meme.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Shirley paid the 10K back to Stan by borrowing it off Phil because Stan demanded it back to pay for Blades - so the money by that point of switching hands would have nothing to do with Tina and was Shirley's.

It was just an off the cuff remark said early in the morning (when my brain's not working properly) and not meant to be taken seriousl, probably should have put a grinning smilies :):D

... but I'm still trying to unclench my toes :D

But why oh why would Shirley think that'd they'd sell her the pub even if she had the money? What's possessed her? Does she think that putting Dean front and central on the square will convince everyone that he's innocent? Has she never heard of 'mud sticks' and the fact that even if she existed in some in la-la land where she could get her hands on that kind of money some people might boycott it because Dean was there?! I get that seeing Dean's bruises might have made her angry with Linda (and Mick for standing by her) if she genuinely believes Dean but this 'plan' is just plain potty!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Yep, I cringed, but when Mick said 'you've been watching Flashdance', it was funny, so I enjoyed it overall.

You can definitely tell the show is produced by someone gay / camp, RE that blowtorch and Sonia's singing.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one of the sparks should have gone in someone eyes and blinded them. It was ridiculous to see that happen in front of people.

The whole who owns the Vic is just going on and on and who is Shirley to demand 10k and steal equipment from Phil?

This is the same person who leeched off Hev and George and stole money from Roxy.

She deserves to be shot, stabbed, dropped from a huge height and then a steam roller driving over her all at the same time. She is awful.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it hilarious:D.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually thought it was quite funny, ridiculous, yes but Shirley knows how to make a point and I don't think it was supposed to be taken overly seriously! I think it was just supposed to be a dramatic way to take Shirley's name down, obviously Mick will buy Shirley out of the Vic eventually - I think that is where they are going with it anyway.

I'd rather see Shirley running it over Mick tbh... Shirley, Phil, Peggy, Ronnie & Roxy were great in The Vic IMO:D.

I wouldn't want Shirley as landlady anyway though. I'm bored of the Carters in The Vic. Maybe one day they will change the owners... I can live in hope:p.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Carry On EastEnders.

Ooh! Matron!
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's something Peggy would do :D
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe Lucker said she was really surprised by how the audience took to it and how it (for a time) became a sort of meme.

I'd never heard of it til I came on here!:D
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    It was ott, but funny. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I'd never heard of it til I came on here!:D

Me neither, I missed the episode and when I saw it being mentioned here (I've lurked these boards for ages before I starting posting today), so I looked it up on YouTube, was absolutely hilarious :o:D. How could Zoe Lucker have thought people wouldn't pick up on / take the piss out of that? :D
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither, I missed the episode and when I saw it being mentioned here (I've lurked these boards for ages before I starting posting today), so I looked it up on YouTube, was absolutely hilarious :o:D. How could Zoe Lucker have thought people wouldn't pick up on / take the piss out of that? :D

I suppose she was used to all the camp madness of Footballers' Wives so didn't bat sn eyelid. :D

I wish Shirl had some leg warmers for yesterday's scenes!
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I wish Shirl had some leg warmers for yesterday's scenes!

Yeah, so do i!

And a leotard!:-D
  • Options
    ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I just think DTC is adding stuff like this because he thinks it will generate discussion - yet he has no respect for the history of the show. Too many weird non-canon storylines popping up, not to mention too many retcons recently.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said before - it should have been used on her

Nancy and Tina wrestle her to the floor, Lee holds off the demented Buster, ~mick stops her struggling and linda can set about her with a blowtorch..
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It absolutely reeked of Newman.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    It absolutely reeked of Newman.

Not Kirkwood? Cutting a plaque with a chainsaw isn't quite Newman's "love and warmth":D
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Shirley paid the 10K back to Stan by borrowing it off Phil because Stan demanded it back to pay for Blades - so the money by that point of switching hands would have nothing to do with Tina and was Shirley's.
    I think she and Dean paid it back last year? Well we saw Dean give Phil a down payment so I imagine that it is paid off. However Phil never really chases Shirley up for the money she owes him, does he? ^_^:D

So within a year she's borrowed £20k off Phil and paid half of it back :o Why does she even need to borrow money if she's managing to rake it in like this :cool:

Pathetic character, writing and story lines ^_^
    lotty27 wrote: »
    It was just an off the cuff remark said early in the morning (when my brain's not working properly) and not meant to be taken seriousl, probably should have put a grinning smilies :):D

... but I'm still trying to unclench my toes :D

But why oh why would Shirley think that'd they'd sell her the pub even if she had the money? What's possessed her? Does she think that putting Dean front and central on the square will convince everyone that he's innocent? Has she never heard of 'mud sticks' and the fact that even if she existed in some in la-la land where she could get her hands on that kind of money some people might boycott it because Dean was there?! I get that seeing Dean's bruises might have made her angry with Linda (and Mick for standing by her) if she genuinely believes Dean but this 'plan' is just plain potty!

Exactly and she doesn't have the money. £10k :o:confused: I understand Mick's utter dismissal of her threat. Pathetic doesn't even cut it.
  • Options
    ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Shirley even have a job? Surely she's just covering the Blades, she doesn't work there permanently.

Is she on the Dole? If so, why is this never mentioned and why does she never look for a job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Clackers wrote: »
    Does Shirley even have a job? Surely she's just covering the Blades, she doesn't work there permanently.

Is she on the Dole? If so, why is this never mentioned and why does she never look for a job.

Why bother with looking for a job when Phil throws money at her and Mick a stake in his pub :(
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Shirley was working at the Vic and has now taken over the reception at Blades and was running it while Dean was away. We don't often see all characters working, Sharon has the Albert and although we rarely see her working there, it's safe to assume she is.

I do find it funny how easily characters just up and leave jobs though, Stacey, on Monday, just walks out of Blades even though she has no other income, Denise did with the Vic and the Minute Mart. And what exactly does Abi do to pay her way at the Mitchell house?:D

I am still interested in what Shirley knows about Phil to get him to shell out 10k, possibly more, at such short notice! Secrets, secrets!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shirley was working at the Vic and has now taken over the reception at Blades and was running it while Dean was away. We don't often see all characters working, Sharon has the Albert and although we rarely see her working there, it's safe to assume she is.

I do find it funny how easily characters just up and leave jobs though, Stacey, on Monday, just walks out of Blades even though she has no other income, Denise did with the Vic and the Minute Mart. And what exactly does Abi do to pay her way at the Mitchell house?:D

I am still interested in what Shirley knows about Phil to get him to shell out 10k, possibly more, at such short notice! Secrets, secrets!:D

Yes nobody bothers to give notice or collect their P45 on EE :D

i'm assuming Shirley knows about Kathy :confused: but how.