X factor a load of rubbish

Comments

• KollKoll Posts: 3,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same show every year, nothing's bloody changed. I got fed up of it after series 2. Im just surprised that more people aren't fed up of it too.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    I might switch off now, as others have said its too formulaic. Also my PVR is bust so I cant' record and fast-forward!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And to think the schedules will be saturated with this rubbish right up until Christmas.

The winner will be no.1, then they will disappear without trace. Who cares anymore?? :yawn:
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,052
    Forum Member
    If you nip over to the X-Factor forum, there are some great comments, and a few posts on the 'formula' for the show.
  • A CillayA Cillay Posts: 8,215
    Forum Member
    I like the show but I think in it's third year they should be showing something different. Every year we see the same old tosspots and self obseesed losers go on there and make a fool of themselves, we see about three contestants who have genuine talent and that combined with the judges rivalry it just defeats the point of the show.

I much prefered Popidol as opposed to the second and third series. And as for it's ratings all though there at an all time high theres about a sixth of this country watching the show and not everybody watches it I know people who hate the idea of the show and others that just don't know what it is and I certainly don't agree that the XF winner automatically qualifies as Xmas no.1 it used to be a close race now as soon as the winner is anounced everyone knows who it is and that can be up to a week before Xmas day!
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slappy101 wrote: »
    has anyone noticed at the very end of every episode theres a sympathy win what i mean is yesterday someone who was in iraq and lost 2 freinds was on it and it was obvious he would get through because ppl were upset for him also a week before some womens dad died and left the x factor audition sheet for her and it was shown right at the end i know that losing friends and family is sad but i dont think they should get an advantage
    Whilst I do agree that they shouldn't get an advantage, in both cases I thought their auditions were particularly good.

I know people think it's formulaic, old-hat, tired, and so on, but for me in a time when you switch on the news and hear about 11-year-olds being shot dead, people being stabbed, 4-year-olds still missing, it's quite warming to see a bit of "good guy gets a break" TV. Yes, it's only getting through the first round of the X-Factor, and yes, come boot-camp or the finals their sob-stories will have been forgotten and out they will go, to be beaten by the already pre-determined X-Factor winner (if you've not read Ben Elton's Chart Throb, do so...!). But it's nice to see someone who's had a shit time have something nice happen to them. Isn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    With regard to the posts about Leona disappearing since last year, she has been working on her album which is due to be released in November.

Also, according to Wikipedia, she will be performing her new single on the first live x factor show!!! What a #@*%$ con!! So the viewing public paid week after week last year for their favourite, that's basically market research charging us to find out what we will spend the most money on. Would we go into a burger bar and be happy to be charged £20 to decide which burger we like the most? And now she gets paid to promote her own single on the same program!!! Unbelievable.

I noticed this last year that a lot of the 'celebrity guests' had a new album out almost the same time as they appeared on the show. Wonder if that will happen this year?

With regards to the post about the viewing figures I believe that The Sun is Britain's most popular daily newspaper, a fact I often find depressing, so high figures doesn't really mean anything unless we think that fact is something to be proud of. I don't.

I agree with an earlier post, honestly how stupid do the makers of this program think we are. All the 'leaked' stories that give the show massive free publicity just in advance of the series.

The thing I feel most about is the lack of effort and imagination going into the programme as shown on the tv.
    Wow, new judge, new host, new catagory. Yawn, same music, same 'and that just the start of a bad day for the judges' and 'so-and-so's performance starts a run of good auditions', same zooming camera work and stupid judge poses, same old spice music, same soaring music as the last judge says 'you're through'. You could lift most of the footage from last year and splice it into this year and probably not spot the difference. I feel sorry for the makers of a show like for example, Doctor Who, who have to produce stories, scripts, sets, casting, special effects, costumes etc, just to see mass produced drivel like the x factor do so well in the ratings.

All I can finish off by saying is a least ITV have made an effort with the programmes either side of x factor. Yes, new you've been framed with clips so old they blur out the dates, and new look wwtba millionaire which is basically the same programme with funkier music and 3 less easy questions to answer so I can feel stupid quicker. Thanks for that guys.

Rant over, I'm off to bed. Goodnight!
  • babbababba Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regard to the posts about Leona disappearing since last year, she has been working on her album which is due to be released in November.

Also, according to Wikipedia, she will be performing her new single on the first live x factor show!!! What a #@*%$ con!! So the viewing public paid week after week last year for their favourite, that's basically market research charging us to find out what we will spend the most money on. Would we go into a burger bar and be happy to be charged £20 to decide which burger we like the most? And now she gets paid to promote her own single on the same program!!! Unbelievable.

I noticed this last year that a lot of the 'celebrity guests' had a new album out almost the same time as they appeared on the show. Wonder if that will happen this year?

With regards to the post about the viewing figures I believe that The Sun is Britain's most popular daily newspaper, a fact I often find depressing, so high figures doesn't really mean anything unless we think that fact is something to be proud of. I don't.

I agree with an earlier post, honestly how stupid do the makers of this program think we are. All the 'leaked' stories that give the show massive free publicity just in advance of the series.

The thing I feel most about is the lack of effort and imagination going into the programme as shown on the tv.
    Wow, new judge, new host, new catagory. Yawn, same music, same 'and that just the start of a bad day for the judges' and 'so-and-so's performance starts a run of good auditions', same zooming camera work and stupid judge poses, same old spice music, same soaring music as the last judge says 'you're through'. You could lift most of the footage from last year and splice it into this year and probably not spot the difference. I feel sorry for the makers of a show like for example, Doctor Who, who have to produce stories, scripts, sets, casting, special effects, costumes etc, just to see mass produced drivel like the x factor do so well in the ratings.

All I can finish off by saying is a least ITV have made an effort with the programmes either side of x factor. Yes, new you've been framed with clips so old they blur out the dates, and new look wwtba millionaire which is basically the same programme with funkier music and 3 less easy questions to answer so I can feel stupid quicker. Thanks for that guys.

Rant over, I'm off to bed. Goodnight!

You have to remember nobody holds a gun to viewers heads making them vote, its about choice. I choose to watch but never vote, if you do you get what you pay for, your fav hopefully wins, thats it..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's utter garbage, particularly at the audition stages.

The show is baisically an old re-hash of the Pop Idol format, which itself was just a tarted up version of the old talent shows that have been broadcast since television began.

Personally, I detest it. I can't understand how people can still find all the hopeless no-talents auditioning funny. We've seen it so many times, endlessly looped on every inch of television - from daytime, to blooper-shows etc etc. Can some old bird singing ''I Will Always Love You'' like a strangled cat really still be entertaining?

I've a huge ammount of respect for Simon Cowell, but I do wish this damn show would just end. It pollutes popular culture, not to mention the music charts. I'm just so tired of hearing about it and it's only just started again!

The defence of the show always seems to be - "But look how popular it is." Well, that is justa rather depressing testament to what complete and utter drivel the British public are prepared to watch. It doesn't say much for our nation's intelligence. Frankly, I find the whole thing depressing.

The only decent talent the show has brought to the limelight is Leona Lewis. But, we've yet to hear her debut album so even she might end up on the X Factor trash heap - that, of course, would be a crying shame.
  • babbababba Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeatJunkie wrote: »
    It's utter garbage, particularly at the audition stages.

The show is baisically an old re-hash of the Pop Idol format, which itself was just a tarted up version of the old talent shows that have been broadcast since television began.

Personally, I detest it. I can't understand how people can still find all the hopeless no-talents auditioning funny. We've seen it so many times, endlessly looped on every inch of television - from daytime, to blooper-shows etc etc. Can some old bird singing ''I Will Always Love You'' like a strangled cat really still be entertaining?

I've a huge ammount of respect for Simon Cowell, but I do wish this damn show would just end. It pollutes popular culture, not to mention the music charts. I'm just so tired of hearing about it and it's only just started again!

The defence of the show always seems to be - "But look how popular it is." Well, that is justa rather depressing testament to what complete and utter drivel the British public are prepared to watch. It doesn't say much for our nation's intelligence. Frankly, I find the whole thing depressing.

The only decent talent the show has brought to the limelight is Leona Lewis. But, we've yet to hear her debut album so even she might end up on the X Factor trash heap - that, of course, would be a crying shame.

I wouldnt get so worked up about it, its only a tv show, one that is very popular.
    If its all you say it is, why then do so many try for it? why do so many watch it and at the end of the day you can always switch off or change channels. You are of course entitled to your opinion likewise we are entitled to respond.

"It pollutes popular culture" made me laugh out loud.

Its nothing more than an hour of entertainment on a Sat night, please get over this, lifes too short...
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    I agree, although I thought the worst offender was during 'Britain's got Talent' with that bloke who's brother had died and he was looking after his kids - then they drag the kids onto the stage! Nauseating in the extreme. I had to turn over. What the hell has that got to do with talent?!
  • elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i still like it:o :o:o:o
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, although I thought the worst offender was during 'Britain's got Talent' with that bloke who's brother had died and he was looking after his kids - then they drag the kids onto the stage! Nauseating in the extreme. I had to turn over. What the hell has that got to do with talent?!

I think it's quite sickening - even verging on the exploitative.

It's a very blatant method of gaining the sympathy vote. It only serves to make me switch off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    Anyone else concerned about some of the care in the community cases they have on for us all to laugh at?

There are some auditioners who clearly have mental issues, yet they are put up there to be laughed at.

I agree with that, you can see some of the auditioners are mentally ill or special needs, it stands out a mile, to have them laughed at is like when they used to parade them for money in victorian times, but, they cant have the show saying "No people with mental health problems or special needs can enter", and before anyone jumps on me, i have Bi Polar so im not being nasty, ive done some stupid things when i have been on a "High" and regretted it afterwards (nothing that hurt anybody though).:( , if it had been on telly i would have died of shame, makes you wonder:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babba wrote: »
    I wouldnt get so worked up about it, its only a tv show, one that is very popular.
    If its all you say it is, why then do so many try for it? why do so many watch it and at the end of the day you can always switch off or change channels. You are of course entitled to your opinion likewise we are entitled to respond.

"It pollutes popular culture" made me laugh out loud.

Its nothing more than an hour of entertainment on a Sat night, please get over this, lifes too short...

Oh, let me be clear - I'm not worked up over it in the slightest.

Look, there's alot of people making alot of money out of it. There's nothing really wrong with that.

But, as a television programme it's poor. That's an opinion, but if you look at it objectively so many aspects of it will point you to that conclusion. You're just proving my point about how it's always defended when you say - "Why do so many people watch it?". Popularity doesn't mean quality. Look at Arrested Development for example, an American comedy show that gained a whole host of prestigious awards and critical acclaim, but it lasted only three seasons because the ratings were so low. I'm willing to bet most people won't have even heard of it.

I don't think many people would get ''worked up'' over this, but what's the point even having a discussion if people are just told that when they discuss the programme's failings?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    X-factor is a terrible excuse for a show, I also believe its fixed from the start.

I can't stand the fact that people who are obviously deluded and believe they can sing are intentionally paraded on national tv allowing them to be humiliated i the process.

If they can't sing then just tell them so and let them move on its not funny its tiresome car-crash tv.:mad:

Last years 'winner' leona had been attempting to get a recording contract for years so its not as if she was plucked from obscurity. She couldn't make it on her own but thanks to the generousity of ITV viewers phoning in rip-off vote lines all her dreams can come true.... for about a year before she joins the rest of the pop-idol/xfactor 'winners' in the peripheral vision of the medias gaze.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Simon Cowell himself probably laughs his head off at how gullible the general public are when it comes to being manipulated by all the sob stories.

When somebody has tears in their eyes it's probably easier to get them to pick up the phone and cast a vote.

It's almost like a charity set up by the Devil who's smirking to himself as all the cash rolls in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suggest anyone who doesn't like X-Factor or think its a fix should read "Chart Throb" by Ben Elton. It's very funny :D
  • maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will be better when there's some decent alternative to it on the other channels...oh and Leona Lewis..half decent singer, but has as much X Factor as a wet lettuce.
  • Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    It's an ENTERTAINMENT show - and I thinks that is just what it's doing....the 'auditions' are the best bit....it's all a fix but what do you need with your curry or burger on a Saturday evening:confused::D
  • Radio-ActiveRadio-Active Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an ENTERTAINMENT show - and I thinks that is just what it's doing....the 'auditions' are the best bit....it's all a fix but what do you need with your curry or burger on a Saturday evening:confused::D

A good comedy would be nice or a decent film!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this show gives certain people of certain delusions the idea they have a chance at fame. It's worse for the people who win - 5 mins in the limelight and then be forever remebered as a cheesy 1/2 hit wonder from a few crimbos back. How long can the British public find this entertaining before it becomes rather sad?
    Forum Member
    A good comedy would be nice or a decent film!

'The Queen' is on on Sunday;) :D but that's no help is it??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,520
    Forum Member
    Even the auditions are getting boring. It just doesn't have the "X-Factor" it had a few years ago. They should have changed or altered a few bits of the format to make it fresh.
    Forum Member
    What about that old (drunk was he?)Scottish or Irish man - no-one could understand what he was saying or singing about. How can people be THAT deluded - well how can any of the entrants be THAT deluded??